• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

tmdorsey

Yeah they probably are but businessmen making creative decisions is the exact reason why Hollywood is such a fucking disaster nowadays.

If they make it - it WILL fail.

Oh yeah, I have no doubt it will fail. I also have no doubt they are going to try to make it sooner rather than later.

I had nothing against Ed Norton as Hulk but apparently the guy was a grade A jerk to work with. With that said, Ruffalo was a better hulk anyway.

Heres hoping that the stadium vote goes well.

Just want to echo the comments on The Avengers. Awesome movie. An action movie done right in every way.

So any bets on when we see a sucky Justice League movie? I'm betting by 2017 myself.

I dont see how a JL movie would work. I think Flash is basically unfilmable, Green Lantern was a disaster so they would have to reboot that and risk hundreds of millions of dollars, Aquaman and Green Arrow would bomb worse then GL, Batman would be a huge draw but I think people really love the Nolan Batman if they make a Batman like they used to I dont think people will want to see it, and Superman is so hard to do well I guess if the MoS does well that would help alot. I dont even know who they would fight to make it interesting, their powers are all over the place. I really dont think it will ever happen, I dont see WB wanting to risk the cray amount of money they would need to get all the franchises going along with actually making the JL movie.

I dont see how a JL movie would work. I think Flash is basically unfilmable, Green Lantern was a disaster so they would have to reboot that and risk hundreds of millions of dollars, Aquaman and Green Arrow would bomb worse then GL, Batman would be a huge draw but I think people really love the Nolan Batman if they make a Batman like they used to I dont think people will want to see it, and Superman is so hard to do well I guess if the MoS does well that would help alot. I dont even know who they would fight to make it interesting, their powers are all over the place. I really dont think it will ever happen, I dont see WB wanting to risk the cray amount of money they would need to get all the franchises going along with actually making the JL movie.

DC has to go full throttle and make them godlike. Superman, Flash, MM, GL, and WW, are already there anyway. They also need to fight Titan class enemies. No Lex Luthor or any stupid bullshit like that.

eznark

Banned
I've also heard Norton is an ass, but come on. Norton is Rodgers/Manning tier. Ruffalo is Matt Schaub tier

Ed Norton is a character actor who 1. makes terrible choices in selecting roles and 2. thinks he is a headliner. He hasn't made a good movie in 6 years.

Ruffalo on the other hand, understands his strengths and contributes his excellent work to outstanding projects to make them better.

DC has to go full throttle and make them godlike. Superman, Flash, MM, GL, and WW, are already there anyway. They also need to fight Titan class enemies. No Lex Luthor or any stupid bullshit like that.

I agree that they cant fight regular enemies like Solomon Grundy or whatever, but if they go full on team of unstoppable gods, I dont think audiences will make the emotional connection they need. The 1 thing Marvel has going for it is all their heroes are flawed in some way and they are all vulnerable outside of Wolverine. Superman has the kryptonite, but what weakness does the flash have? He cant be hit and he can travel through time, I think it would get boring quick to watch them just wreck shit.

Trey

Sorry to go off topic but it was nice to hear FJax get an extension. Well deserved

Quality guy, makes plays, works hard, perfect fit for the system, solid pass blocker, one less hole to fill, Fitz is comfortable with him, and mad other shit.

Worst thing is he's on the wrong side of thirty and coming off a major injury. Even though he has lower than average mileage on him, things could get dicey.

Love having him locked up, all in all.

I really like Ruffalo he's in two of my favorite movies of all time: Collateral and Zodiac.

I'm not sure who I'd say is the better actor.

I really like Ruffalo he's in two of my favorite movies of all time: Collateral and Zodiac.

I think Norton is the better actor but Ruffalo is perfect as the Hulk. He has a sincere desperation about him that I never got from Norton. I am actually excited for a new Hulk movie just to see what Ruffalo could do with a whole movie. I would love to see Hulk fight the wrecking crew, even though they kind of used the Absorbing Man in Ang Lee's Hulk.

I thought that Bana even did a better job then Norton, at least be was a believable nerd. Norton was to cool or something and it didnt work for me.

I think Norton is the better actor but Ruffalo is perfect as the Hulk. He has a sincere desperation about him that I never got from Norton. I am actually excited for a new Hulk movie just to see what Ruffalo could do with a whole movie. I would love to see Hulk fight the wrecking crew, even though they kind of used the Absorbing Man in Ang Lee's Hulk.

Planet hulk or fuck off marvel!

squicken

Does Zodiac ever end? I sat through the first 8 hours but gave up after that.

I think Ruffalo is great when he plays a certain role. The kind of vunerable sad-eyes type. He's great in Eternal Sunshine, playing that sort of character

Norton has more range. That Richard Gere movie that I'm too lazy to look up and then that White Power movie. Ruffalo can't do that

eznark

Banned
Norton has more range. That Richard Gere movie that I'm too lazy to look up and then that White Power movie. Ruffalo can't do that

Fuck yeah Primal Feat and American History X are amazing! Ed Norton couldn't play those roles anymore either. That's back before he decided he was God's gift.

I agree that they cant fight regular enemies like Solomon Grundy or whatever, but if they go full on team of unstoppable gods, I dont think audiences will make the emotional connection they need. The 1 thing Marvel has going for it is all their heroes are flawed in some way and they are all vulnerable outside of Wolverine. Superman has the kryptonite, but what weakness does the flash have? He cant be hit and he can travel through time, I think it would get boring quick to watch them just wreck shit.

Maybe it would get boring, but it would definitely be boring to nerf them. Superman is boring in the movies because they try to humanize the world around him too much. They need to throw caution into the wind and buff everything. The world that the Justice League exists in should be so used to super villains and heroes they barely bat an eyelash at their doings. I want guys flying through buildings. Giant laser rays. Plans to blow up the Earth. Go hard or go home. It's 2012. Nobody gives a shit about plane rescues anymore.

Does Zodiac ever end? I sat through the first 8 hours but gave up after that.

goLN9.gif

yankeehater said:
The 1 thing Marvel has going for it is all their heroes are flawed in some way and they are all vulnerable outside of Wolverine.
The only reason you're talking about "flaws" is because the writers took the time to highlight those flaws in a character/team setting in Avengers that was setup by stand alone films. Thor is a god and the Hulk is quite literally the single most powerful force in the Marvel universe in terms of human characters. These are god like figures.

The Flash could very easily be an exploration of the speed force and Barry coming to terms with understanding the true nature of its power. Add in the Reverse Flash as his primary villain with the right writer and you have the makings of a solid film. Nothing "unfilmable" about it.

The problem with Superman is this incessant fucking need to keep him grounded in some semblance of reality. So we get the same origins regurgitation story over and over. Where the fuck is Darkseid? Why is Superman relegated to only Earth? I would kill to see a Superman movie that ends up on Apokolips. Sure, Earth would have to be a part of it for the human connection but the character is made stale by a complete allergy to going balls out with him. Let's keep fucking that American boy scout image.

These writers need to learn to embrace some of the absurdity around these characters instead of hiding from it and trying to "ground them in reality".

DeaconKnowledge said:
. I want guys flying through buildings. Giant laser rays. Plans to blow up the Earth. Go hard or go home. It's 2012.

100% agreed.

eznark said:
Fuck yeah Primal Fear and American History X are amazing!
Primal Fear doesn't get enough love. GREAT movie.

LJ11

Quality guy, makes plays, works hard, perfect fit for the system, solid pass blocker, one less hole to fill, Fitz is comfortable with him, and mad other shit.

Worst thing is he's on the wrong side of thirty and coming off a major injury. Even though he has lower than average mileage on him, things could get dicey.

Love having him locked up, all in all.

Shame no one gave him a chance earlier, a true multipurpose back. Think he had the All Purpose record for a running back until Sproles broke it last season, wasn't even a full time back.

LevelNth

Banned
Shame no one gave him a chance earlier, a true multipurpose back. Think he had the All Purpose record for a running back until Sproles broke it last season, wasn't even a full time back.
Personally I think Buffalo was hella smart to give him the small extension and make him happy. Not sure about 2013, but with only 800 some odd carries to his name, he's about as worn down as a 28 year old back, and I fully expect him to explode this year just like last.

Milchjon

I can't believe some people actually think Ruffalo is a better actor than Edward Norton. Has the whole world gone crazy?

He may be a better actor, but I can never suspend my disbelief when watching him because I'm constantly like "That Norton guy sure is a dick". It really takes away from his movies.

eznark

Banned
I can't believe some people actually think Ruffalo is a better actor than Edward Norton. Has the whole world gone crazy?

His last great performance was Death to Smoochy, which was what, 2002? Then four years of garbage followed by another very good movie in The Illusionist. Norton shot his wad between 1996-1999 and has been coasting since then.

Sokantish

He may be a better actor, but I can never suspend my disbelief when watching him because I'm constantly like "That Norton guy sure is a dick". It really takes away from his movies.

He's just passionate alright? Besides on the Hulk thing I thought him and the director were on the same side trying to make their case to Marvel. Marvel didn't care about the story, they wanted more action or something, I can't remember.

eznark said:
I said Illusionist was very good.
Yeah noticed it after I'd posted.

You really should give the Director's Cut of Kingdom of Heaven a chance. He's fantastic as King Baldwin and the movie is solid as long as Legolas isn't onscreen shitting it up with his "acting".

Sokantish

His last great performance was Death to Smoochy, which was what, 2002? Then four years of garbage followed by another very good movie in The Illusionist. Norton shot his wad between 1996-1999 and has been coasting since then.

Yeah but I can't even think of one good movie where Ruffalo was the lead... or a movie at all really

I was unimpressed with DTS. Guess I was expecting it to be darker.

eznark

Banned
Movie was meh, he was great

Yeah but I can't even think of one good movie where Ruffalo was the lead... or a movie at all really

Why does that matter? As I stated earlier, Ruffalo knows what and who he is and gets the most of it. Norton keeps operating under the false presumption that anyone gives a fuck about his lazy acting.

Sokantish said:
Yeah but I can't even think of one good movie where Ruffalo was the lead.
I think Eznark touched on it earlier - Ruffalo doesn't necessarily need to be a lead to show off his strengths. In fact, the argument can be made he's stronger as a supporting actor than a lead and there's nothing wrong with that. He's done very good work doing the "lesser" parts. Shutter Island, Zodiac, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and the recent The Kids Are All Right were all very good roles for him.

Talon- said:
It's a long movie that feels that way, but I really enjoyed it.
Same. The length doesn't bother me at all anymore. It's a film I've watched a good number of time since its release and I still walk away impressed by just about every facet of the production. The scene with the woman and baby in the car still gives me fucking chills.

squicken

Minnesota House passed amendment to the stadium bill that adds $105m to Vikes contribution. Pretty sure Goodell has said he wouldn't go for that.

Talon

Same. The length doesn't bother me at all anymore. It's a film I've watched a good number of time since its release and I still walk away impressed by just about every facet of the production. The scene with the woman and baby in the car still gives me fucking chills.
Or the field murder. Or the basement.

Thing that blows my mind is that the city shots were CG.

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo really felt like a spiritual successor to Zodiac.

Top Bottom