• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Bowser

It hasn't been voted on yet, and this sucks ass.

This fucking stadium bill better pass. I don't care how, just get it done.

UPDATE: The early reaction to the increased price tag isn’t positive. “After months of negotiation and compromise and the building of a legislative coalition, albeit a fragile one, any meaningful change of the bill drastically changes the probability of success,” NFL executive V.P. Eric Grubman told the St. Paul Pioneer Press. “You can’t change the deal at the last minute

Yeah, that doesn't sound good.

Bowser

I'm actually more surprised now that Gregg Williams isn't banned for life reading that.

Florio had an interesting take on the declaration:

Now for what Hargrove’s declaration doesn’t say. At no point in the declaration does Hargrove admit to any knowledge of the existence of a bounty program. Indeed, at no point does Hargrove claim that he was told to say anything different from what he would have otherwise said, without coaching.

In other words, Hargrove never says he was told to lie. Instead, he says he was told what to say, without commenting on whether he believed what he was told to say to be the truth.

And so, when the NFL said last week in the announcement of the suspensions of Hargrove and three other players that the declaration “established not only the existence of the program with the Saints, but also that he knew about and participated in it,” that statement was blatantly incorrect. And when “independent” counsel Mary Jo White explained in a conference call last week that the “thrust” of the declaration was Hargrove’s acknowledgment of “the nature of the program and his participation in it,” that was blatantly incorrect, too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ays-williams-vitt-told-him-to-just-play-dumb/

More at the link. If the NFLPA is successful in getting someone other than Goodell to rule on the appeals, that could be a plausible defense...

Talon- said:
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo really felt like a spiritual successor to Zodiac.
I thought it was a far weaker film though, at least IMO. Mainly because of the source material being fairly pedestrian by comparison. I'm a fan of the Swedish films as well so the Fincher version left me cold.

RBH

And the evidence leaking has begun. If you're named Drew Brees, please don't click that.

drew-brees_1571855c.jpg

"My internet is down, I don't see anything!"

Talon

This would only be a true defense if this was the only piece of evidence.

They had an independent prosecutor look over the evidence before the judgments. I would imagine the NFL's case is airtight.
I thought it was a far weaker film though, at least IMO. Mainly because of the source material being fairly pedestrian by comparison. I'm a fan of the Swedish films as well so the Fincher version left me cold.
I prefer the Fincher version to the Swedish films.

But, you're right, the film is held back by the weak plot of the book(s).

TGWTDT is a good movie, definitely well made, but doesn't come close to Fincher's best work. Haven't seen the Swedish version.

E5FxY.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What are everyone's thoughts on the Facebook IPO? It's apparently going to be offered via E-Trade.

Most of the 'new' tech IPOs like Groupon, LinkdIn, Pandora, all see an initial spike, then within a few days (sometimes hours) it pulls on down below the IPO price. I'm thinking of going in on it then selling off 40% or so at a short term peak and holding the rest to see what happens. Thoughts?

Bowser

What are everyone's thoughts on the Facebook IPO? It's apparently going to be offered via E-Trade.

Most of the 'new' tech IPOs like Groupon, LinkdIn, Pandora, all see an initial spike, then within a few days (sometimes hours) it pulls on down below the IPO price. I'm thinking of going in on it then selling off 40% or so at a short term peak and holding the rest to see what happens. Thoughts?

I don't invest myself (lots of hoops to go through to get trades cleared with compliance working at an i-bank), but I like the Facebook IPO better considering their price range is $28-$36. Considering it was trading for $45+ on private exchanges less than a year ago, I think their pricing range is a bit undervalued. Also, I think Facebook has a much larger, and more importantly, much more engaged userbase compared with other tech companies such as Groupon and LinkedIn.

I'm sure the stock will pop pretty massively on the first day, but unlike other tech IPOs, I think it'll hold onto a decent bit of that pop.

I'm not sure what to do yet, need to look into it more.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What's sad is that the kind of hate the Saints are going to get isn't even the "good" kind. For instance, I love to hate Lebron James, the Bears, and Tom Brady.

I just plain hate the Saints. I don't derive any enjoyment out if it other than just absolute disgust for that organization. Kind of like hating Nazis or something.

Talon

What's sad is that the kind of hate the Saints are going to get isn't even the "good" kind. For instance, I love to hate Lebron James, the Bears, and Tom Brady.

I just plain hate the Saints. I don't derive any enjoyment out if it other than just absolute disgust for that organization. Kind of like hating Nazis or something.
Oh, I enjoy it.

eznark

Banned
r2lgi.jpg

Welfare hawkers will keep the NFL away from Minnesota

lol

edit:LOL SHE IS WEARING A TWINS SHIRT HAHAHAHAHAH

Why is that funny?

I'm not even considering it til Q3. I'm of the opinion that there will be no real value play for months. I just don't see any cause for volatility.

Top Bottom