• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
1pQIl.jpg

tiny paws = ?

LJ11

lol at dude judging him cause he only had 1 sack, but what if he was rock solid at clearing up OL so LB could swiftly get to rb/qb ? Isn't that more valuable than sacks?

True, but if your that talented you should be dominating the opposition in every which way. Never watched the dude play, but one thing has been consistent in everyone's reporting, Poe rarely showed it on game day.

Edit: Take Coples for example, when he played against scrubs he usually cleaned up, its the only time he cleaned up actually. Disappeared against better comp.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
lol at dude judging him cause he only had 1 sack, but what if he was rock solid at clearing up OL so LB could swiftly get to rb/qb ? Isn't that more valuable than sacks?

Everyone wants a Sue type DT for some reason now. So what if he gets so far up field that he can never make the correct play? That being said, apparently he's pretty awful on tape. I haven't watched any, but maybe LJ could point us at some.

EDIT: ixnay on the lj pointing us at some tape

Talon

College ball's different, though. If you're a dominant defensive line prospect, you should be working the guy(s) you line up against week-after-week.

LJ11 said:
Some Scout quotes on Defensive Line prospects.
Thanks for that, LJ. Confirms some stuff I'd been seeing watching some highlights of these guys. Devon Still has come up a few times for the Giants at 32 which I'm not a huge fan of but the Giants may be able to develop him if they go that route.

jakncoke

Banned
True, but if your that talented you should be dominating the opposition in every which way. Never watched the dude play, but one thing has been consistent in everyone's reporting, Poe rarely showed it on game day.

Edit: Take Coples for example, when he played against scrubs he usually cleaned up, its the only time he cleaned up actually. Disappeared against better comp.

Oh okay. Whomever that quote was for should have made a better argument than the sacks argument. If he's not showing up, then man why is dude even a 1st round grade. Man he was 1st round grade even before his combine, now he's going top 15 most likely.

Talon

I have a friend that's a Packers fan. His twisted, fucked up hatred for the Bears is alarming, even outweighing Bionic's hatred for the Patriots.

His dream as a child was to wind up being a #1 overall pick, and the Bears picking him - think he'd be the savior of the franchise. He would go up to the podium, scream "Fuck the Bears," and shoot himself in the head right then and there - hopefully scarring Bears fans for the rest of their lives and ruining the franchise's hopes.

Dark shit.

jakncoke

Banned
I have a friend that's a Packers fan. His twisted, fucked up hatred for the Bears is alarming, even outweighing Bionic's hatred for the Patriots.

His dream as a child was to wind up being a #1 overall pick, and the Bears picking him - think he'd be the savior of the franchise. He would go up to the podium, scream "Fuck the Bears," and shoot himself in the head right then and there - hopefully scarring Bears fans for the rest of their lives and ruining the franchise's hopes.

Dark shit.

That'd be crazy as fuck if something like that ever went down

bionic77

Dark shit.
We are all friends with that guy. His name is Eznark.

Dark shit.

1 less packers fan in the world.

Dark shit.

This is a man worth knowing.

Interest in Tannehill is heating up.

Browns, Dolphins, and the Seahawks were all present at his proday. I wouldnt be surprised if the Dolphins or Seahawks traded up with the Vikings.

My preference would be a flip with the Browns for a third rounder so we can still pick up Kalil.

Drakeon

Yeah, but to be fair there's shit all to talk about right now.

Yep, its the lull between FA and the Draft. Basically all the big name FA's are signed (I'm sure theres a few that haven't).

Also, to comment on the Seahawks drafting Tannehill... Why would they do that when they already picked up Flynn? Seems like they should see how Flynn works out and address some other position with the draft, but what do I know.

Top Bottom