• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

h3ro

Leaked panthers helmet

MtuE2.jpg

Looks like it might be a fake as New Era has revealed all their new designs and the Panthers' helmet is the same on the caps:

glSGm.png

The reason to believe that New Era is completely up to date as the only team who's cap/logo hasn't been shown yet is Seattle and it's rumored that they're changing color schemes.

RBH

A contingent of Philadelphia Eagles will be in College Station, Texas, today for a private workout with quarterback Ryan Tannehill.

"I don't really know why,'' Tannehill told me Saturday night. "I'll just get ready to throw for them and do my best.''

Fact is, this is the time of year -- 24 days before Round 1 -- when teams buzz from town to town to get their drafting ducks in a row. The Eagles working out Tannehill could just be Philly doing its due diligence on a good player. That's what it probably is. But with the Eagles and quarterbacks, you never know. It could be more. The Eagles wouldn't seem to have a quarterback need, with Michael Vick set to play the season at 32, and the Eagles wouldn't seem to have the ammo to move up from their 15th spot in the first round -- without including their 2013 first-rounder -- to get their talons on a quarterback who might be picked as high as fourth (by Cleveland).

By the way, Matt Cassel's head shouldn't rest too easy on the pillow tonight either.

The Chiefs travel to College Station later this week to get their own private session with Tannehill.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/04/01/bounty/index.html

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ryan Leaf was arrested again on Monday and accused of committing a burglary shortly after he posted bail and got out of jail after an arrest on Friday.

Central Montana Drug Force Commander Chris Hickman told the Associated Press that Leaf was arrested early Monday in Great Falls on charges of burglary, theft and two counts of criminal possession of dangerous drugs.

The new charges stem from a burglary Leaf allegedly committed on Saturday, not long after he got out of jail following his Friday arrest, which was also related to committing a burglary and illegal possession of prescription painkillers.

Leaf has a hearing scheduled for today and is still in jail.

(via PFT)

What a god damn moron. It's pretty sad too.

snesfreak

Banned
You most certainly have no room to talk, old man.

Tampa Bay's defense couldn't stop a taco.
And I'm not referring to that fat QB of yours
We could if half our defense wasn't on IR every season.
I was going to mention how we beat up on the Cowardly Ryan in the first game, but that's hardly a good argument.

Fox318

Dolphins will probably Trade up to the Vikes to get him.

also.

NEW YORK -- The Jets on Hard Knocks, round two? Owner Woody Johnson didn't rule it out.
Johnson, at the launch of the NFL's new pop-up store on Sixth Avenue between 41st and 42nd streets, said he has heard the speculation that HBO would be interested in having the Jets on the training-camp documentary TV show for the second time in three years. The speculation, of course, began after the Jets made a big splash by trading for Tim Tebow.
"I have heard that, but we have yet to receive a formal invitation," Johnson said. "When we do, we will take a look at it."
Does that mean the Jets have had informal discussions with HBO?
"Yeah but... nothing...," Johnson said, stopping himself to explain: "It’s a formal invitation that we can respond to, not an informal (one)."
Johnson said the team participating in the show in 2010, when the Jets went on to reach the AFC Championship Game, brought "tremendous value." Fans across the country had the chance to get to know the Jets, he said, and and the feedback was only positive. Asked if there was a downside, he said that's something the organization would discuss if it got the invitation.
The Jets would consider it again, he said.
"It's something we would take a look at with Mike (Tannenbaum), and the coach, and (director of media relations) Bruce (Speight), and I and others that we think would add value to that discussion, to see whether it is something we want to do," he said.
The Jets were under a negative spotlight after last season, when their internal locker-room issues became very public. Would that give them pause for being filmed all through camp?
"I think all those concerns, the positives and negatives, we'd have to look at, sit around the table and say yay or nay," Johnson said. "It's not a perfect science. But we'd use our best judgment at that point."
Jets tight end Dustin Keller, who was also at the store's opening greeting fans and signing Jets apparel, said being on the show was "pretty easy" for the players last time around. He said he forgot the cameras were there after a few days and joked that, if anything, they made him work harder.
"We we would be good for Hard Knocks, esp with Rex (Ryan's) personality, the Tebow trade -- I definitely see how we would be appealing," Keller said, adding: "With everything that’s going on right now, there couldn’t be any more exposure. If it's something that could be good for the team, why not do it?"
Johnson said he is not aware of any tangible impact thus far on the Jets' business in the week-and-a-half since the Tebow trade -- at least not anything "extraordinary," he added.
Johnson said that ticket sales won't start until after the draft. As for jersey sales, he said, "I know there was a bit of a controversy ... I don’t know how they are selling."
Asked about a Daily News report Sunday that suggested the Jets plan to limit Tebow's outside appearances, Johnson said Tebow will be managed the same as the 52 other players on the Jets' roster.
http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/04/woody_johnson_said_jets_would.html
Axrn5.jpg

I think it's a smart move by the Eagles to look into getting some insurance at the QB position.

Vick, is an old 32, and is pretty much guaranteed to get hurt at some point next season, just because of the way he plays.

If nothing else, you could throw Tannehill out there for a game or two, have him show well, and then fleece some team desperate for a QB (Miami, I'm looking at you) in the future like they did with Kolb.

We could if half our defense wasn't on IR every season.
I was going to mention how we beat up on the Cowardly Ryan in the first game, but that's hardly a good argument.

You took advantage of our porous offensive line during a time in which the Bucs were still youngry enough to compete as opposed to the second game.

I will be soooo happy if a team overpays for the 3 spot. Preferably the browns so we can still snatch Kalil.

I know I have said it before, but it would be like christmas and taco friday rolled into one.

snesfreak

Banned
Watched Greg Schiano's PC.
Nice to have a coach who doesn't make up annoying OVERUSED words.

Fuck you Raheem, fuck you.

Now Greg, kick Freeman's ass so he goes back to his 2010 self.

eznark

Banned
I will be soooo happy if a team overpays for the 3 spot. Preferably the browns so we can still snatch Kalil.

I know I have said it before, but it would be like christmas and taco friday rolled into one.

The Browns would be foolish to trade up. Probably a 50% chance the Vikings forget to pick again and take whoever they want.

The Browns would be foolish to trade up. Probably a 50% chance the Vikings forget to pick again and take whoever they want.

If I remember correctly the Vikings picked up Kevin Williams after botching the pick so it all worked out.

In any case dont be surprised if the Browns do exactly what you said.

cashman

Banned
Ryan Leaf was arrested again on Monday and accused of committing a burglary shortly after he posted bail and got out of jail after an arrest on Friday.

Central Montana Drug Force Commander Chris Hickman told the Associated Press that Leaf was arrested early Monday in Great Falls on charges of burglary, theft and two counts of criminal possession of dangerous drugs.

The new charges stem from a burglary Leaf allegedly committed on Saturday, not long after he got out of jail following his Friday arrest, which was also related to committing a burglary and illegal possession of prescription painkillers.

(via PFT)

you've gotta be shittin me.

Didn't Jaguars hurry up and take Sandwich when the Vikes botched the pick

The Vikings were originally going to trade the pick to Baltimore but they took too long to get the card in.

The Vikes would have ended up with a lower pick and one or two 4's but I dont think they would have ended up with Kevin Williams so its all good in my book.

(via PFT)

:jnc

(via PFT)

Its pretty obvious the man is an addict. I can blame a man for becoming what he is but I find it hard to place full blame on a man that can no longer choose between a fix and an obvious choice.

He was once a dumbass, now he's just a shell of a person.

Its sad really.

Wes

venison crêpe

Heckert has already ruled out trading up (yeah yeah, smokescreen whatever). Really there's no need to. The Bucs/Rams/Browns could take any of Blackmon/Claiborne/Richardson at 4/5/6.

I think the trick will be if Jaguars try to leapfrog the Rams to take Blackmon but I doubt they will. Floyd is just as good.

eznark

Banned
Heckert has already ruled out trading up (yeah yeah, smokescreen whatever). Really there's no need to. The Bucs/Rams/Browns could take any of Blackmon/Claiborne/Richardson at 4/5/6.

I think the trick will be if Jaguars try to leapfrog the Rams to take Blackmon but I doubt they will. Floyd is just as good.

Yeah, it would be pretty moronic to give up anything of value to move up a spot. Not like they are only one piece away from a Championship.

It seems to me that the issue is that there is a rising crop of QB needy teams that are desperate for a fix. They all covet Tennehill and they know the Browns plan to grab him at 4. The only option is to leapfrog.

Its obviously not a sure thing and I am dipping into the wishful thinking but it is not a stretch by any means.

bionic77

Say what you want about the eagles but they know how to run their QBs out of town.
Fixed

Just skimmed the thread from yesterday. Bravo, good sir. It's nice to have you back. Where is your wife vacationing?
At home with the kids. For whatever reason I had some extra time yesterday (more than I am used to).

I am starting to get more passionate about football again though. I am also probably a little bitter inside that we didn't trade for Tebow. I thought the Steelers believed in more than wins and Superbowl trophies.

eznark

Banned
Fixed

At home with the kids. For whatever reason I had some extra time yesterday (more than I am used to).

I am starting to get more passionate about football again though. I am also probably a little bitter inside that we didn't trade for Tebow. I thought the Steelers believed in more than wins and Superbowl trophies.

Steroid abusers, rapists, headhunters and cheap shot artists? Tebow would not fit in in Pittsburgh. Looks like Ryan Leaf is burnishing his resume for a shot at the Steelers backup QB job though.

Fixed

By run do you mean trading them for more than they're worth?

(via PFT)

Imagine how different the world would be if the Colts had taken Leaf instead of Manning.

bionic77

By run do you mean trading them for more than they're worth?
No I mean run them out of town.

Philly is the worst city to play for as a qb. They latch onto the next guy every year and after a season or two when they don't win a SB they will turn and boo your ass into the next city.

Steroid abusers, rapists, headhunters and cheap shot artists? Tebow would not fit in in Pittsburgh. Looks like Ryan Leaf is burnishing his resume for a shot at the Steelers backup QB job though.
You don't even believe in Tebow's powers!

He is perfect for Pittsburgh. I read in a Peter King article that they do things the right way and they are the foundation of this great league of ours! This in one of his MMQB where he broke some story about where Brett Farve (you might have heard of him) was going to come back.

Tebow is the perfect teammate and if he played on a real team with actual talent the sky is the limit*!

* The sky is the limit for his fans, but you unbelieving haters won't get to join us. You will all be stuck in Florida.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It seems to me that the issue is that there is a rising crop of QB needy teams that are desperate for a fix. They all covet Tennehill and they know the Browns plan to grab him at 4. The only option is to leapfrog.

Its obviously not a sure thing and I am dipping into the wishful thinking but it is not a stretch by any means.

The Browns are not grabbing Tannehill at #4.

God I hope not.

I also spent most of this morning reading up on the draft...what sorcery is this in regards to people thinking the Vikings won't take Kalil at #3?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The Browns are not grabbing Tannehill at #4.

God I hope not.

I also spent most of this morning reading up on the draft...what sorcery is this in regards to people thinking the Vikings won't take Kalil at #3?

The Browns should convince the Vikes that they need to trade up to take Tannehill, trade draft picks, and then select Kalil.

Top Bottom