• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

LeShore missed his court date today (between 12pm-3pm), a warrant will be issued soon. Apparently he's turning himself in tomorrow.

...seriously?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I didn't misunderstand your post. I was expanding on your statement that the two subjects and the two communities have parallels, because they do.

You guys find Opiate's stance on sports to be ridiculous because you enjoy the sports. Most people who don't enjoy sports would share Opiate's viewpoint, that its ridiculous that people would get so passionate about a bunch of dudes hitting a ball with a stick and what not.

Dude who cares, we like sports, some of us like ponies too (not me tho). Let and let live bruh.

Anyone come across any uniform leaks? I've read all the scant details floating around saying not to expect any major changes, but even if that is true, I'm shocked that not a single jersey image has leaked up to the day before.

I didn't misunderstand your post. I was expanding on your statement that the two subjects and the two communities have parallels, because they do.

You guys find Opiate's stance on sports to be ridiculous because you enjoy the sports. Most people who don't enjoy sports would share Opiate's viewpoint, that its ridiculous that people would get so passionate about a bunch of dudes hitting a ball with a stick and what not.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but...

"You mean guys who are totally cool with a sport that involves 300+ pound men wearing pants three sizes too small and a guy putting his hands on another mans scrotum on almost every play but are totally bothered by a pretty good show that just happens to involve ponies aren't being hypocritical in the slightest? Stunning."

By posing that in a question form to what I said and saying that the description you presented isnt hypocritical (Sarcastically) makes it seem like you at the very least misread what I said. If not it is at best a poorly worded extension of what I was trying to say.

It happens, benefit of the doubt and all that.

Edit: In any case I enjoy watching a man known for having a mullet grab men and throw them around. Some people prefer watching ponies talk about friendship and practice witchcraft. Thats just where those other people and I differ.

Fox318

We mock you for being a Jest fan.

You jealous ?
BfE8N.gif
LPGT3.gif

r8V4Z.gif
orX6O.gif

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but...

By posing that in a question form to what I said and saying that the description you presented isnt hypocritical (Sarcastically) makes it seem like you at the very least misread what I said. If not it is at best a poorly worded extension of what I was trying to say.

It happens, benefit of the doubt and all that.

Edit: In any case I enjoy watching a man known for having a mullet grab men and throw them around. Some people prefer watching ponies talk about friendship and practice witchcraft. Thats just where those other people and I differ.

Damn your edit. I caught that "beast a poorly worded extension" in there. Freudian slip for darkside?

LeShore missed his court date today (between 12pm-3pm), a warrant will be issued soon. Apparently he's turning himself in tomorrow.

...seriously?

Ugh, thats so lame. He is going to be suspended for some games, leaving us with Kevin Smith, Concussions Best, and our new fullback, Bryant. Stafford looking at another 5,000 yard season

snesfreak

Banned
OK so in my boredom I'm going to make a SportsGAF hack of Final Fantasy 6 (well 3, it's the snes version.)
I need some ideas!
Should I make Locke be Cajunator, and have the old guy in the beginning of the game call him a Falcons fan?
I think I know who I'll make Kefka be.

Narag

OK so in my boredom I'm going to make a SportsGAF hack of Final Fantasy 6 (well 3, it's the snes version.)
I need some ideas!
Should I make Locke be Cajunator, and have the old guy in the beginning of the game call him a Falcons fan?

So who is General Leo?

Is Best even cleared to practice yet?

No idea. I'm just assuming his career is dead so i can be surprised when he plays again, then unsurprised when he suffers another concussion and his career is shorter than Drew Stanton's has been.

I'll always remember that run against the Bears on Monday night, Jahvid. Good luck in your future endeavors

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Great paper topic: Comparing Sports fans to the Furry community.
My first thought would be to contrast the high heteronormativity found among sports fans to the low heteronormativity found among furries, but upon further reflection you could make the case that both have a segment that likes to dress up as something they aren't. Many people enjoy watching professional football, but only a minority of people like Tim Tebow will go into a stadium and pretend to be a professional football player.

I need some ideas!

Change "Death" to my username.

I think the saints players that actively and purposely injured some players to receive money should get slammed with criminal charges. Its not like those guys that got injured were receiving cash incentives for the sake of injuring people.

The fact that Michael Vick can sit in prison for doing something to an animal shows that something should be done for doing something to another person.

you want to hit someone hard to make a good football play I am all for that, injuries are unfortunate and happen. You want to hit someone hard on the intent of breaking a leg or handing them a concussion for a money incentive? fuck you.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I think the saints players that actively and purposely injured some players to receive money should get slammed with criminal charges. Its not like those guys that got injured were receiving cash incentives for the sake of injuring people.

The fact that Michael Vick can sit in prison for doing something to an animal shows that something should be done for doing something to another person.

you want to hit someone hard to make a good football play I am all for that, injuries are unfortunate and happen. You want to hit someone hard on the intent of breaking a leg or handing them a concussion for a money incentive? fuck you.

It would be in the leagues best interests for criminal charges to not be filed. Sports has always policed itself and once you establish the precedent for legal ramifications for actions on the field then you are also admitting legal liability to all actions taking place on the field. It's a line the NFL does not and should not want to cross.

Talon

If charges weren't filed for the hockey player that malicious went after another player and punched him in the back of the head, there's no way it'll happen with this case.

It would be in the leagues best interests for criminal charges to not be filed. Sports has always policed itself and once you establish the precedent for legal ramifications for actions on the field then you are also admitting legal liability to all actions taking place on the field. It's a line the NFL does not and should not want to cross.

This is why the league made every owner and coach sign a contract saying they would report any kind of bounty system if they had knowledge.

eznark

Banned
My first thought would be to contrast the high heteronormativity found among sports fans to the low heteronormativity found among furries, but upon further reflection you could make the case that both have a segment that likes to dress up as something they aren't. Many people enjoy watching professional football, but only a minority of people like Tim Tebow will go into a stadium and pretend to be a professional football player.

I'm going to assume you scared off these knuckle-draggers with "heteronormativity" but I refuse to let the bolded go without a :jnc.

KVWrE.gif

Top Bottom