• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

We do!!

8cNwJ.jpg

YOOOOUUUUU!

colbert-finger.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
NFL-GAF brethren I turn to you.

What is the Wonderlic and why is it hilarious that Morris Claiborne only scored a 4 out of 50?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
NFL-GAF brethren I turn to you.

What is the Wonderlic and why is it hilarious that Morris Claiborne only scored a 4 out of 50?

Intelligence Test, how fast you can recognize the solution

Look at the sample questions:

When a rope is selling 20 cents per 2 feet, how many feet can you buy for for 30 dollars?
A dollar gives you 10 feet, now times that by 30... you get your answer
If that shit took you more than 15 seconds, or even close to a half a minute+, *Ahem* "You're Already Dead"

Which of numbers in this group represents the smallest amount? a) 0.3 b) 0.08 c) 1 d) 0.33
If you are reading this spoiler FUCKING LOL @ YOU!

You get 12 minutes, correct answers give you points + allotted time bonus, take to long, points start get taken off

So Morris answered very wrong or took too fucking long

50 questions, 12 minutes

GraveRobberX

Are those type of questions actually representative of those on the test? He got THOSE wrong?

Yep

I really think this test weeds out Candidates who are susceptible by the NFL Community at large

"Yo' Morris want to invest in my Iceberg Farm, bring Fresh Water from the Arctic to the masses, it'll melt all by itself in the hotter climate, need $100,000 start up"

eznark

Banned
Are those type of questions actually representative of those on the test? He got THOSE wrong?

There is nothing easy about the test. Sure the questions are simplistic, but you have to answer 50 of them and your performance is potentially the difference between millions of dollars.

That said, WSJ had an article like 10 years ago about the test and according to Wonderlic data, NFL players do something like 85% worse than all other professions. Which is hilarious. Also, totally racist.

Slo

Well it's easy for you to make fun of those kids when you probably spent several years in college.

:jnc

There is nothing easy about the test. Sure the questions are simplistic, but you have to answer 50 of them and your performance is potentially the difference between millions of dollars.

That said, WSJ had an article like 10 years ago about the test and according to Wonderlic data, NFL players do something like 85% worse than all other professions. Which is hilarious. Also, totally racist.

That kind of pressure would increase the difficulty, but damn it's multiple choice.

BigAT

There's definitely harder questions than that on the test (the difficulty increases as you go through the 50 questions), but there are also questions that are even easier. I took a Wonderlic for a job interview once and there was a question that was something like "If today is Tuesday, what day will it be two days from now?" Multiple choice answers!

eznark

Banned
Yep

I really think this test weeds out Candidates who are susceptible by the NFL Community at large

"Yo' Morris want to invest in my Iceberg Farm, bring Fresh Water from the Arctic to the masses, it'll melt all by itself in the hotter climate, need $100,000 start up"

If you could purchase an iceberg, transport it to the states, start a bottling operation and work out the logistics for $100,000, I'd invest in a heartbeat. Bottled water is a margin gold mine, limited edition gimmicky bottled water? Home run. I'm in.

I'm looking at financial data for bottled water manufacturing right now: 17% RoE, 7% revenue growth year over year, 15% profit growth. The biggest barrier to entry is competition, and you eccentric idea has solved that, and for only $100k! Well done, graverobber!

GraveRobberX

OK GAF

12 Questions, 3 Minutes Allowed

Please Do Not Cheat

Every Question you get right add +1
Once 3 minutes pass -.5 every 15 seconds
If it takes over 10+ minutes - "U B Morris"

eQxWv.png

GraveRobberX

I think I failed the test from Laughing My Ass Off at Question #7

I wasted 3 minutes just giggling/laughing at that shit non-stop, I was like Really!?!

***Watch German Patriot work his ass off, to show his superiority***

eznark

Banned
:jnc

That kind of pressure would increase the difficulty, but damn it's multiple choice.

The best part is that it doesn't punish you for incorrect! You should be able to get more than 4 by simply guessing. However, I think the company does provide the actual tests upon request, so agents tend to recommend not guessing.

That's the other thing. Most of these kids do a ton of practicing and have extensive coaching on how to succeed at the test. First round guys who do terrible are troubling to me. Not because they are dumb but because they are probably uncoachable and struggle to handle pressure.

bionic77

If you could purchase an iceberg, transport it to the states, start a bottling operation and work out the logistics for $100,000, I'd invest in a heartbeat. Bottled water is a margin gold mine, limited edition gimmicky bottled water? Home run. I'm in.

I'm looking at financial data for bottled water manufacturing right now: 17% RoE, 7% revenue growth year over year, 15% profit growth. The biggest barrier to entry is competition, and you eccentric idea has solved that, and for only $100k! Well done, graverobber!
Plus it markets itself.

Nothing can be more pure than water from the Antarctic! Stop drinking that mud and bug infested shit from mountains and streams when you drink water from Superman's backyard!

eznark

Banned
Plus it markets itself.

Nothing can be more pure than water from the Antarctic! Stop drinking that mud and bug infested shit from mountains and streams when you drink water from Superman's backyard!

That's what I meant by gimmicky and limited. GraveRobber's Arctic Blast Bottled Water is sure to be an internet meme.

Alright, grave, me and bionic are in.

GraveRobberX

Pretty sure I got all of them right in under 3 minutes. Might have missed one though....

Was #7, wasn't it, that shit made your head go WAT!?!, not that you couldn't understand it or the pressure, just the base of asking a question like that might make your brain go, hey wait a minute...

bionic77

That's what I meant by gimmicky and limited. GraveRobber's Arctic Blast Bottled Water is sure to be an internet meme.

It doesn't even have to be from the arctic, just the first bottle.

After that we will just buy city water from whichever city sells it to us the cheapest and put an iceberg picture on the bottle.

Ez I am not going to lie. Once we are millionaires I am ditching the Democratic party like a fat girl at the dance and going full Santorum!

GraveRobberX

Hmm... Well the Gaming side has the Kickstarter making headway... hmmm

$100,000 per person, who the fuck needs that lotto jackpot

Me: "I'm Rich"

V0gqDl.jpg

Kickstarter Backers: Hey wait a minute... Refund

Me: "Fuck Off"

zbjszl.jpg

I think I failed the test from Laughing My Ass Off at Question #7

I wasted 3 minutes just giggling/laughing at that shit non-stop, I was like Really!?!

***Watch German Patriot work his ass off, to show his superiority***

Asshole, I was actually doing my best :jnc

I'm clearly superior to you guys

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Thanks guys.

Now I know but knowing is only half the battle.

But yeah not going to lie, not certain how well I'd do on those tests either. But I usually underestimate myself on tests. I remember for my assessment in college I had to do one on English. I expected to barely pass it as I only got Cs and Ds in high school English courses. I ended up scoring 99 percent.

Found out years later that my school apparently had one of the top English programs in the province.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Thanks guys.

But yeah not going to lie, not certain how well I'd do on those tests either. But I usually underestimate myself on tests. I remember for my assessment in college I had to do one on English. I expected to barely pass it as I only got Cs and Ds in high school English courses. I ended up scoring 99 percent.

Found out years later that my school apparently had one of the top English programs in the province.

Well, see there you go talking all funny and whatnot. "Province?" Da fuq is dat shit? Speak Engligh or git out!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Thanks guys.

Such tests are to gauge where you need to start in that program. So despite what I assume was high school laziness, you picked up enough to not have any need for remedial courses.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Such tests are to gauge where you need to start in that program. So despite what I assume was high school laziness, you picked up enough to not have any need for remedial courses.

Either way thank god for that. Would have been 3 extra classes if I failed that assessment.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If Nick Collins is healthy, I hope we bring him back.

Apparently Green Bay might shy away from him regardless of his health. I'm pretty sure one of the other teams will pick him up no matter what.

Jim Irsay said:
A Luck private workout 2day..we want 2b as thorough n disciplined n process of #1 pick..we wanted 2do private with RG3,but his agent said no

Irsay still texts like a teenage girl.

And he does know that the Rooney Rule doesn't apply to draft picks, right? Jimmy, you don't have to pretend that you're even considering drafting the black guy when everybody and their uncle knows you're going after Luck.

Alshon Jeffrey met with the Giants at his pro-day. WR has always been a possibility though they've been more associated with Hill for some reason.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/04/02/south-carolina-showcases-stellar-class-at-pro-day/

Jeffery, WR, (6-2 3/4, 213) — Jeffery, who did not do anything at the NFL Scouting Combine, had a very good pro day. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.48 and 4.49 seconds. He recorded a 36-1/2-inch vertical, a 10-foot-2 broad jump, a 4.17-second short shuttle and a 6.71-second three-cone. His arms measure 33-inches long, but he didn’t lift because of a strained right shoulder. He caught the ball well. There had been some questions about his explosiveness, but he did well with all facets of getting open. Tennessee worked him out on Friday; the Giants met with him Monday, represented by receivers coach Kevin M. Gilbride. He’ll visit with the Vikings on Tuesday and the Jets on Wednesday.

------------------------------------------------

Oh and Jerrah outright admits he overpaid to get Brandon Carr :)jnc). Not sure of the context of the conversation though. I could give him the benefit of the doubt and write it off as him just joking to reporters but until I see it in video form....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...r-was-retail-price?module=HP11_headline_stack

"We know we overpaid to get Carr. Not overpay -- we paid retail," Jones said last week at the NFL meetings, according to the Cowboys' official website.

Carr's $50.1 million contract, of which roughly half is guaranteed, will keep him in a Cowboys uniform for the next five years. To put that in perspective, Jones originally purchased the Cowboys for $150 million in 1989.

In four years with the Chiefs, Carr accumulated 237 tackles and eight interceptions.

Not that the Cowboys are the first team to overpay, just surprising to see him outright admit it.

GraveRobberX

It's great that a guy, who has more money than I can imagine, can't write a decent sentence to save his life.

He's a hip owner, he tweets, facebook pokes you, four squares something or other

Sooner or later the Internet Ebonics becomes second nature Yo'

Top Bottom