• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Nightz

Can't block the swoosh.
Christopher Smith ‏ @SDchargersdude

A player: NFL likely more stringent on players tucking in their jerseys all the way so they don't block swoosh on upper left hip.

Here you go cashman:

ApkZ7D0CIAEEojQ.jpg

STUNNING amount of changes.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
"I always liked him as a player"

Reading comprehension bro!

I was saying I liked him as a player when I was a kid even though a lot of the Eagles fans around me hated him.

Ahhh I f&@ked that up

BannedEpisode said:
Im most interested in seeing some alternates.
The Giants need not fuck around. Go with what works. Giants beat writers are saying the red uni's wont be on the field in 2012. The Giants are due for a throwback though. Right here if you ask me:

nfl_a_giants_defense_b1_576.jpg

That's the uniform I grew up with. I would love to see the current team take the field in those uniforms again.

eznark

Banned
Most Eagle fans I knew hated Cunningham.

I always liked him as a player though. Really exciting. Doesn't he have like the longest punt in NFL history? I remember watching the game when he got hurt in the 90s. I want to say it was against the Jets but I don't remember who actually did it.

Weird how openly racist people were back then against black quarterbacks, at least in PA. Older white dudes didn't give a fuck back then.

Cunningham was so much fun to watch, but I never would have wanted him as my quarterback.

I think you're overstating the "racist" bit (shocking). It was the unorthodox play style that many black quarterbacks were/are associated with (speed and arm strength over pocket awareness and accuracy). Not saying no racism existed, but in terms of relatively irrational criticisms, Warren Moon faced significantly less and I think that's due to his being a more traditional QB.

Blackace

Cunningham was so much fun to watch, but I never would have wanted him as my quarterback.

I think you're overstating the "racist" bit (shocking). It was the unorthodox play style that many black quarterbacks were/are associated with (speed and arm strength over pocket awareness and accuracy). Not saying no racism existed, but in terms of relatively irrational criticisms, Warren Moon faced significantly less and I think that's due to his being a more traditional QB.

lol Warren Moon was undrafted and there was only one reason why he wasn't drafted... And it wasn't because he was a pac10 QB

Blackace

Since they went with 1 brand anyways.

But yeah the broncos did splinter for a time and went with Nike apparently.

Knew I wasnt tripping...

That's why many Nike unis has a Bronco feel to me

eznark

Banned
lol Warren Moon was undrafted and there was only one reason why he wasn't drafted... And it wasn't because he was a pac10 QB

I meant more as a pro, not his draft stock.

Also, if I recall correctly Moon threw as many pics as touchdowns at Washington and wasn't the least bit prolific a passer. Guy was average. He would not get drafted today.

Was it his first or second season in Edmonton where he went off? I think you could make a much stronger case for race being the reason he was stuck in the CFL for so long, not so much the not getting drafted part.

Blackace

I meant more as a pro, not his draft stock.

Also, if I recall correctly Moon threw as many pics as touchdowns at Washington and wasn't the least bit prolific a passer. Guy was average. He would not get drafted today.

He won the rose bowl and was the MVP in a don James ground heavy offense.... He would get drafted today

bionic77

He was no Joe Montana, but I would have liked it if Cunningham was a Steelers in the 80s because he was much better than the dog shit we were putting on the field. Ugh, what a shitty time to get into football for a Steelers fan. The Ohio teams used to take turns running a football train on us. :(

And with the racism I said there were some old white guys who hated Randall because he was black. Most of the young people my age were all big fans. Most Eagle fans are all for replacing whoever is the qb and then equally ready to turn on the guy after 2-3 years of not winning the SB. It is the Philly way. I was just talking about how weird it was that SOME people were just openly racist about Cunningham. That doesn't happen in PA anymore, at least not where I live.

jakncoke

Banned

Year Lge Team Age # GP Comp Att % Yds TD INT TD% INT% Y/G Y/A RAT
1975 NCAA Washington Huskies 19 1 8 48 122 39.3 587 2 2 1.6 1.6 73.4 4.8 81.9
1976 NCAA Washington Huskies 20 1 11 81 175 46.3 1106 6 8 3.4 4.6 100.5 6.3 101.5
1977 NCAA Washington Huskies 21 1 12 113 199 56.8 1584 11 7 5.5 3.5 132.0 8.0 134.9

*dont know how to make it look nice, so deal with it.

Talon

The collars are using the Flywire tech that they use on their running shoes, cleats, and Hyperdunk (and Hyperfly and so on) basketball shoes. It provides support and allows them to cut down on materials on the heels and the tops. It actually does make a difference with shoes - these things are insanely light.

Don't know if it actually does anything for jerseys.

eznark

Banned
He won the rose bowl and was the MVP in a don James ground heavy offense.... He would get drafted today

Know who did get drafted in 1978? Doug Williams. First round, too.

Moon went undrafted because he was an average QB without a resume who threw too many interceptions.

Nate Hybl won a Rose Bowl player of the game in a run first offense too. God damn reverse-racism, should have been drafted! (man I hope he wasn't some late draft pick!)

Blackace

Year Lge Team Age # GP Comp Att % Yds TD INT TD% INT% Y/G Y/A RAT
1975 NCAA Washington Huskies 19 1 8 48 122 39.3 587 2 2 1.6 1.6 73.4 4.8 81.9
1976 NCAA Washington Huskies 20 1 11 81 175 46.3 1106 6 8 3.4 4.6 100.5 6.3 101.5
1977 NCAA Washington Huskies 21 1 12 113 199 56.8 1584 11 7 5.5 3.5 132.0 8.0 134.9

*dont know how to make it look nice, so deal with it.

A cog in a offense and during an era where black QBs were not really option

bionic77

Moon went undrafted because he was an average QB without a resume who threw too many interceptions.
If you believe that I have an iceberg to sell you.

Only $99,000 per person to get in. Hurry before the chance of lifetime passes you by!

Blackace

Nate Hybl won a Rose Bowl player of the game in a run first offense too. God damn reverse-racism, should have been drafted! (man I hope he wasn't some late draft pick!)

Doug Willams was treated real fairly too in the NFL..

SonnyBoy

Listening to Orakpo on ESPN 980, apparently the Redskins are getting a new alternate. The org wanted to really push the new Nike deal and might have something drastic like the Seahawks.

Kosmo

Banned
Not sure if this is a true representation of the helmet, but hopefully it has this more steel look than the shiny silver we've had in the past (I know the pants are less shiny):

10791576-standard.jpg

eznark

Banned
Not sure if this is a true representation of the helmet, but hopefully it has this more steel look than the shiny silver we've had in the past (I know the pants are less shiny):

http://media.mlive.com/detroit/photo/2012/04/10791576-standard.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Helmet looks awful but I really like the rest. Especially the pants. Putting that bit of texture into the jerseys is a nice, understated way to add style.

eznark

Banned
Has a lot to do with the state of the black QB, even the traditional ones, over the history of the NFL from drafts to opputunities given...

Are you trying to Ripclawe us?

I can't think of any quarterbacks in the last five years with numbers as pedestrian as his that have been drafted. He was slow, threw as many picks as touchdowns, and played in a simple offense. He won the Rose Bowl MVP with two 1 yard sneaks.

I'm not claiming racism didn't exist, I'm saying Warren Moon did not warrant a draft pick no matter his skin color and likely would not be drafted today.

Also, I think you'd be far less salty about it if he played at Cal.

White strip isn't as thick on the pants and the numbers are smaller I think but at least Nike didn't totally fuck it up.

Time to buy a Matthews one.

Top Bottom