• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hope they'll do the "woman fit" jerseys also (no reason they wouldn't). The wife has been wanting a Clay Matthews jersey for a while.

eznark

Banned
Um.

It's the lighting, apparently, as the fabric is staying the same.

The shoulder stitching is different. Or it just looks different when not on pads.

Meh, you're right. Guess I'll be bumming around in my old Lions clothes! But why did you buy a $110 sweatshirt? I know you love some Brew Crew, but jesus christ.
For me, a good sweatshirt is worth any price. I get a new one at miller park every opening day. That's also why it costs so much, stadium pro shop pricing.

Slo

Hope they'll do the "woman fit" jerseys also (no reason they wouldn't). The wife has been wanting a Clay Matthews jersey for a while.

I'm in a weird spot. I don't know if you'll be more offended if I do make a sconi joke about your girl, or if you'll feel slighted that I didn't.

Does this make us BFFs?

Buckethead said:
I hope Tolly signs with us.
He's visiting the Raiders today. Giants have an offer on the table for him as well by the way. Curious to see which lowball is worst. The Giants or the Packers.:D

Raiders would likely overpay. Is Waffle still their Dline coach?

bionic77

Noll wanted to rebuild the defense with Gabe Rivera, Senor Sack ha, ha. Too bad he wound up paralyzed from a car accident because he was driving sauced. Doofus. Plus, there were tons of rumors about Marino being on coke, though it's believed that somebody was throwing that around just to fuck with teams. Guess it worked, cause just about everyone passed on Marino.
Didn't hear about the coke rumors on Marino.

To be fair though in the early 80s wasn't everyone doing cocaine? I imagine his fucked up knees scared teams away more than cocaine.

Milchjon

Is there anything apart from the branding that warrants a $250 price tag? (I've never seen/felt a real life football jersey)

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
“I assume everybody thinks they’re a top-five quarterback,” Flacco told WNST in Baltimore, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I mean, I think I’m the best. I don’t think I’m top five, I think I’m the best. I don’t think I’d be very successful at my job if I didn’t feel that way. I mean, C’mon? That’s not really too tough of a question. But that doesn’t mean that things are gonna work out that way. It just means that that’s the way it is, that’s the way I feel it is, and that’s the way I feel it should be.”

Somewhere, BLarry is rolling in his grave.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
“I assume everybody thinks they’re a top-five quarterback,” Flacco told WNST in Baltimore, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I mean, I think I’m the best. I don’t think I’m top five, I think I’m the best. I don’t think I’d be very successful at my job if I didn’t feel that way. I mean, C’mon? That’s not really too tough of a question. But that doesn’t mean that things are gonna work out that way. It just means that that’s the way it is, that’s the way I feel it is, and that’s the way I feel it should be.”

Last time some QB said they were a top 5 they went on to win the Super Bowl.

Speaking of delusions...

There was a poll on Facebook (lolz) on who was the Best QB in the NFC North and Matthew Stafford was beating Aaron Rodgers.

Maybe in Kasteroil or whatever his name voted 500 times in it.

Fox318

We don't discriminate here: joe Namath and Troy aikman were shitty qbs too.

Can't deal with that swag?
C1Nhk.jpg

bionic77

God bless that unibrowed freak.

Definitely one of the most entertaining players and one of my favorites. I hope he is in Baltimore for a very long time and that they retire his jersey.

:lol

What a dick. How stupid and insecure do you have to be to give interviews every month calling yourself elite or "the best". This isn't an 80s movie asshole! Get your teammates to praise you or sleep with an uggo ESPN employee and get them to put you in their retarded lists.

Nightz

The more I look at the new jerseys, the more I think I'll be pre-ordering one on the 15th. Will probably go for a Limited Gates in navy, though that might change when they reveal the sexy powder blues.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm in a weird spot. I don't know if you'll be more offended if I do make a sconi joke about your girl, or if you'll feel slighted that I didn't.

Does this make us BFFs?

I think years of being a Viking fan has just made it hard to be passionate about anything, even hating the Packers!

I'll do it.

If the girls I usually see in Wisconsin are any indication a regular ole jersey should be nice and snug.

She's from Arkansas.

I don't think that helps my case though. Let's just say she's not a certain Steelers QB's type.

Come on guys, Aikman was a really good Eli Manning type QB.

Namath was garbage from a big city.

Saw this on NJ.com...

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/04/victor_cruz_says_holdout_from.html

The whirlwind in which Victor Cruz has been twisting for months continued to swirl today when he drew the biggest media crowd of any player at the unveiling of Nike’s new NFL uniforms.

Cruz was asked to salsa -- twice -- and obliged. He was asked in English and Spanish how much his life has changed. And in another example of recycled material, he was asked about his contract.

This time, he gave a much more definitive answer when the possibility of a holdout was raised.

"That’s not in my vocabulary," the Giants’ wide receiver said when asked flatly by NBC 4’s Bruce Beck at Steiner Studios in Brooklyn. “I don’t even know what that means.”

Cruz is scheduled to earn a base salary of $540,000 this upcoming season. After setting a franchise record with 1,536 receiving yards, he obviously believes he deserves more money and has stated as much. But that’s nothing new in the NFL, so the only question was whether he’d take a hard stance.

There were no indications he would up to today. And Cruz, who recently hired a new agent in Malik Shareef, eliminated any gray area to a group of reporters that nearly rivaled the one he faced on Super Bowl XLVI Media Day.

“I’m not frustrated at all. I’m just trying to go in there and play football,” he said of his current contract. “When I was young it wasn’t about money, it wasn’t about fame and fortune. It was just about playing football. So regardless of how short-term this career can be, I just want to go out there and play. All of that stuff will take care of itself.”

Earlier, he said, “You just gotta remain humble and remain yourself and understand that all the good things are going to come to you in time. So you just have to keep doing what you’re doing, remain positive at all times and the good things will come.”
The guy must be in a daze of amazement at how popular he's become. I hope that attitude continues into the season. There's no doubt the Giants are going to give him a long term deal. Just a question of when....

The more I look at the new jerseys, the more I think I'll be pre-ordering one on the 15th. Will probably go for a Limited Gates in navy, though that might change when they reveal the sexy powder blues.

Yep, I'll be doing the same I bet. Not sure who to get though. I already have Rodgers, Matthews and Woodson Premiers.

Looks like the Limiteds arent available until June though.

bionic77

Saw this on NJ.com...

The guy must be in a daze of amazement at how popular he's become. I hope that attitude continues into the season. There's no doubt the Giants are going to give him a long term deal. Just a question of when....
Flacco, this is how you deal with the media.

That shit could not have been any better if his agent and PR person wrote that answer out (which they probably did!).

squicken

I don't think I've ever bought an official jersey, though I am incredibly excited about the Starter jackets coming back in style. I still have my Raiders jacket hanging in my parents' coat closet.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Flacco, this is how you deal with the media.

That shit could not have been any better if his agent and PR person wrote that answer out (which they probably did!).

Exactly.

Let the agents bring the drama to the front office and demand bigger contracts (because that's what they do!) while the players show humility. I'm shocked more players don't go this route. It allows the Giants to give him a big payday without losing face.

bionic77

Exactly.

Let the agents bring the drama to the front office and demand bigger contracts (because that's what they do!) while the players show humility. I'm shocked more players don't go this route. It allows the Giants to give him a big payday without losing face.
This is what happens when you are either very smart (pretty rare in sports) or have good people around you. When your agent and PR person (usually the same person but some of the richer players have PR too) know what they are doing and can control their clients you get good results. I think some of the scummy agents are willing to throw their client under the bus though and not have to take the heat themselves.

Mike Wallace are you paying attention?

edit: this shit has been addressed in every baseball movie I have seen. I think Bull Durham did it best, but they spell it out so clearly how a player is supposed to act with the media.

Fox318

Saw this on NJ.com...

But the Giants tend to cit and draft new talent all of the time. Look at what happened to Osi and how they treated Jacobs on his way out the door.

With the exception of the Rooney's I wouldn't trust any ownership group if I was a player.

Nakazato

FLACCO NEEDS TO STFU. We are not going to give him top 5 QB money hes an average QB that cant seem to get it done in big games.

Fox318

I don't think I've ever bought an official jersey, though I am incredibly excited about the Starter jackets coming back in style. I still have my Raiders jacket hanging in my parents' coat closet.

How many teams are you a fan of?

You can't be a Texans , Cowboys, Raiders, Packers, Rams, and Colts fan.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Haha wow.

Just saw what Flacco said.

Play on a team without an All-Pro defense and we'll talk about whether or not you can carry a team! Should be easy if you're the "best" QB in the league!

Nightz

I think Cruz is probably going to emerge as the guy I want to win the Madden cover poll the most. If only because of how humble the kid is.
I think he may have the goods to conquer the curse.

He needs to be doing the salsa if he is on the cover.

Fox318 said:
But the Giants tend to cit and draft new talent all of the time.Look at what happened to Osi and how they treated Jacobs on his way out the door.
What happened to Osi? He made contract demands in the public eye with two years left on his deal. Accused the GM or "lying" to him about a promised extension which hinged on performance (which he didn't provide. One year due to the injury and the next he was benched ). Guess what Reese did? He called his bluff. How's Osi doing these days? He was productive and is contrite and willing to return for less money.

...and how did they treat Jacobs? They chose not to pay a backup 4 million dollars to remain with the club. They had a fair value offer on the table. He disagreed and felt he could get more. Which he did. That's the market. They gave him a fairly rich contract when he was producing and franchise tagged him a few years ago. You act as though they stole his dog and kicked him in the nuts on the way out the door. Which is ridiculous.

Jerry Reese puts a specific value on free agents and in most cases that value does not change. If another team is willing to pay more, then so be it. Cruz is under contract for another season and then becomes a restricted free agent. Reese has the time to work out value for the kid without overpaying after one year of quality production. As the player, I would trust the organization to do what's in its best interest and if he keeps producing on the field - it's in their best interest to sign him long term. I would also be aware that the team is right up against the cap as well and wouldn't go making demands that aren't going to be met.

Fox318 said:
With the exception of the Rooney's I wouldn't trust any ownership group if I was a player.
The Steelers..who are right there as an organization unwilling to overpay free agents or "flinch" when a player decides to go public with issues. The Steelers will take are of their own when they are good and ready (much like the Giants). Not when a player dictates...

Fox318 said:
You could say the same thing about Eli.
Yep, cause that 27th ranked Giants defense was All-Pro last year. They finally got their shit together in the playoffs but without Eli, they wouldn't have even been in a position to get to the playoffs. Much less win the Super Bowl.

Is there anything apart from the branding that warrants a $250 price tag? (I've never seen/felt a real life football jersey)

If Nike's soccer jerseys are any barometer, the difference between the quality level of the authentic "Elite" jerseys and the "Game" jerseys will be night and day.

Draxal

You could say the same thing about Eli.

Lol, no fucking way.

Eli didn't have all world Ray Rice on his team (worst rushing attack in the league), and his d was the first superbowl team in NFL history to give up at least 400 points in the regular season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/03/report-bruce-arians-wants-colts-to-sign-leftwich/

The Colts are going to get their quarterback of the future with the first overall pick in the draft, but a report out of Pittsburgh has them looking for someone to show the new guy the ropes.

Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians wants the team to sign Byron Leftwich as a backup quarterback/tutor for Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III. Leftwich spent three years playing for Arians with the Steelers, who have expressed interest in keeping Leftwich around as Ben Roethlisberger’s backup.

The Steelers are tight against the cap, though, and are still looking for free agent help at other positions. The Colts could offer Leftwich more money, although it’s unclear how much they would be willing to spend to bring Leftwich to Indy.

If Leftwich does wind up in Indianapolis, Drew Stanton would find himself in his second difficult situation of the offseason. Stanton signed with the Jets just before they traded for Tim Tebow, a move that led to another trade that sent Stanton to the Colts. Leftwich’s familiarity with Arians and the offense would likely make him the second-stringer and force Stanton to wonder if he walked underneath a ladder at some point before the start of free agency.

lol

Top Bottom