• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Did you see the questions posted before? Shits hard.

And this whole QB thing, look at Matt Flynn he won a national championship and was barely drafted.

Sure even Gino was drafted late and posted good numbers... But according to Warren he wasn't even given a chance..

eznark

Banned
Not really.. Him playing for the Huskies only made me more knowledgeable of his story and struggle

If he didn't struggle so much on the field he would have been drafted!

Also according to Moon, he was a combative dick when teams asked him if he would consider a position change to TE. Not the best interview tactic. Had he been more willing to concede the possibility that he might have to change positions (a la Eric Couch, Matt Jones and countless others)he probably would have been drafted.

Blackace

If he didn't struggle so much on the field he would have been drafted!

He played well enough to warranted workouts.. In fact the guy was the prototype pocket QB. With an accurate, rocket arm...

Bowser

I recommend black. No reason other than it's awesome. I already have the black smitty. I think I'll be snatching up the blue Cam.

Yeah, I was leaning towards black - logo looks better on the black background. But I could get a white one and use it for autographs if I ever make it back to training camp one of these years...

eznark

Banned
He played well enough to warranted workouts.. In fact the guy was the prototype pocket QB. With an accurate, rocket arm...

Who threw as many picks as touchdowns and was not given the opportunity to show it off. Sorry, he just didn't do enough in college to warrant getting drafted.

But like I said, teams clearly did not like him for one reason or another. His CFL career should have ended after the second season.

Nakazato

SU12_AT_NFL_UNIFORM_FRONT_RAVENS_large.jpg

Black pants or bust

He was no Joe Montana, but I would have liked it if Cunningham was a Steelers in the 80s because he was much better than the dog shit we were putting on the field. Ugh, what a shitty time to get into football for a Steelers fan. The Ohio teams used to take turns running a football train on us. :(

And with the racism I said there were some old white guys who hated Randall because he was black. Most of the young people my age were all big fans. Most Eagle fans are all for replacing whoever is the qb and then equally ready to turn on the guy after 2-3 years of not winning the SB. It is the Philly way. I was just talking about how weird it was that SOME people were just openly racist about Cunningham. That doesn't happen in PA anymore, at least not where I live.

It still perplexes me that the Steelers passed on Dan Marino in the mid-80s. Went right there at Pitt. Instead we rolled with Cliff Stoudt and Mark Malone at QB for a while. Baffling.

Blackace

Who threw as many picks as touchdowns and was not given the opportunity to show it off. Sorry, he just didn't do enough in college to warrant getting drafted.

But like I said, teams clearly did not like him for one reason or another. His CFL career should have ended after the second season.

Rob Hertel got drafted in the 5th round and threw one more TD than pick..

The common thing was to draft blacks and change their position.. They asked him after high school to change.. That is why he went Juco got a chance with UW and was asked again... Doug went to Grambling so no problems for him there and guess his stats were too good to pass up..

And clearly the reason was black QBs weren't fully accepted in 1978

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What do you guys think of Jake Bequette? He was a big deal here at Arkansas as a DE. Maybe he'd be a good mid-round pick?

bionic77

It still perplexes me that the Steelers passed on Dan Marino in the mid-80s. Went right there at Pitt. Instead we rolled with Cliff Stoudt and Mark Malone at QB for a while. Baffling.
Marino wanted to go to the Burgh too. :lol

I think Noll wanted to stick up for Bradshaw because of his past successes. That strategy is not a great one in football as we have seen time and again.

LJ11

Nike fixed the one issue I had with the new Bills uni. Stripes on the side arched, Reebok logo was underneath, just looked off compared to the retros. Now they look straight and the logo is above the stripe. Fine looking uniform, now to see the 3rd uni, probably a retro, George Wilson mentioned 3 looks.

Striker

Since this is GAF I am sure someone here can help me out with a hypothetical.

If we believe his word (and I will fight anyone who doesn't), then Tim Tebow is now 24 years old and has never had sex with a woman. For similar GAF members who have gone so long (whether voluntarily or not, though lets be honest, for non-Tebowers it is always involuntarily) what is that wedding night going to be like Timmy? When that dirty slut does what we, I mean all rational women, have always dreamed of doing, will that take away Timmy's innocence or his supernatural powers?

I just hope that Rex didn't trade for our Timmy so he could force him to have sex with his disgusting wife while Rex masturbates in the corner, probably while simultaneously eating KFC or something equally disgusting.
lol

Curious on the different Giants alt; agree with Future about some kind of throwback.

eznark

Banned
Again, Nike with the awesome understated texturing. The Packers uniform looks beautiful, and they did it basically just by changing the material and stitching.

Bravo, Nike.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Are they going to have ridiculously priced "authentic" jerseys and then the everyman's priced "replica" like Reebok?

Ugh, I know I'm going to buy one of the reversible jackets. They look too slick when they arn't on the bubbly side. And I'll have to get one of the sweatshirts. I now owe Nike $150 for my fandom. Bastards!

eznark

Banned
Ugh, I know I'm going to buy one of the reversible jackets. They look too slick when they arn't on the bubbly side. And I'll have to get one of the sweatshirts. I now owe Nike $150 for my fandom. Bastards!

Serious? That's cheap as hell. The last Brewers sweatshirt I got was $110. The Packers reebok sweatshirt I got was something like $95. I would assume a jacket and sweatshirt would be closer to $250 than $150.

Marino wanted to go to the Burgh too. :lol

I think Noll wanted to stick up for Bradshaw because of his past successes. That strategy is not a great one in football as we have seen time and again.

Noll wanted to rebuild the defense with Gabe Rivera, Senor Sack ha, ha. Too bad he wound up paralyzed from a car accident because he was driving sauced. Doofus. Plus, there were tons of rumors about Marino being on coke, though it's believed that somebody was throwing that around just to fuck with teams. Guess it worked, cause just about everyone passed on Marino.

Serious? That's cheap as hell. The last Brewers sweatshirt I got was $110. The Packers reebok sweatshirt I got was something like $95. I would assume a jacket and sweatshirt would be closer to $250 than $150.

Meh, you're right. Guess I'll be bumming around in my old Lions clothes! But why did you buy a $110 sweatshirt? I know you love some Brew Crew, but jesus christ.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Again, Nike with the awesome understated texturing. The Packers uniform looks beautiful, and they did it basically just by changing the material and stitching.

Bravo, Nike.

Um.

Nike said:
The Green Bay Packers have chosen to stay with their traditional design aesthetic as well as their former uniform fabrication for the coming season.

It's the lighting, apparently, as the fabric is staying the same.

GQman2121

Banned
Are they going to have ridiculously priced "authentic" jerseys and then the everyman's priced "replica" like Reebok?

Naw, I'm sure they'll just drop the price - sacrificing profits in the process - so that everyone can walk around wearing the same kits as the millionaire players. Nike's has an NGO branch, right?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Naw, I'm sure they'll just drop the price - sacrificing profits in the process - so that everyone can walk around wearing the same kits as the millionaire players. Nike's has an NGO branch, right?

Yeah didn't imply that.

Meant are we only given the choice of the $300 jersey? If not, do we know what the "replicas" look like yet? What the players jersey's look like is all well and good but it won't be what I can wear.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,carolina_panthers

Nike "Game" Jersey ($100) = Reebook Replica
Nike "Limited" Jersey ($135) = Reebok Premier
Nike "Elite" Jersey ($250) = Reebok Authentic

Thanks! Looks like a price increase on the replicas by about 10-20 bucks then.

Bowser

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,carolina_panthers

Nike "Game" Jersey ($100) = Reebook Replica
Nike "Limited" Jersey ($135) = Reebok Premier
Nike "Elite" Jersey ($250) = Reebok Authentic

Can see the difference between the Game and Elite jerseys, the Limiteds are not available yet. The "Game" (Replica) jersey kinda looks like ass lol

I read they are going to have $100 game day jerseys, $135 for limited jerseys (like a hybrid of the other 2), and $250 for an Elite 51 jersey

Edit: Damn, beaten

Top Bottom