• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

snesfreak said:
None.
Zero.
Zilch.
Nada.

Fox318 said:
Give the Ball to Blunt.
:jnc

Yeah, that would be a problem. Sullivan is a good coach, though. I think the Giants play the Bucs at home in 2012 so I'll get some exposure to their offense. I'm really curious to see how much complexity he installs for Freeman right off the bat if it is based on Gilbride/Coughlin's offensive system.

Bowser

White jersey w/new logo:

AplSmAhCEAEfexf.jpg

Alt jersey:

459715_401183633227982_112088258804189_1565740_1446428483_o.jpg

Striker

I think people are confusing the 2007 Giants with the 2011 Giants.
2007 post-season benefited from a few brainfarts (Crayton's drop, Favre being Favre), but the 2011 defense did beneift from playing two average QB's like Alex Smith and Matt Ryan (terrible coaching effort by Mike Smith too). It's the fact they got several guys back and others got healthier throughout the year, like Boley who is crucial in this defense.

Hawthorne to the Saints. Kuechly probably headed to Seattle.
Bounties readying up for their loss of players. Is Vilma the only one getting axed hard? What about that overrated chump Roman Harper?

NFL.com's Top 12 games to look forward to in the 2012 season:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...o-in-2012-campaign?module=HP11_content_stream

12. Pittsburgh Steelers at Denver Broncos
11. Buffalo Bills at Houston Texans
10. Oakland Raiders at Cincinnati Bengals
9. Houston Texans at New England Patriots
8. Carolina Panthers at Washington Redskins
7. New Orleans Saints at Dallas Cowboys
6. San Francisco 49ers at New Orleans Saints
5. Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears (second meeting)
4. New England Patriots at Baltimore Ravens
3. Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants (opening night)
2. Denver Broncos at New England Patriots
1. New York Giants at San Francisco 49ers

They state reasons for each at the article.

Bowser

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...o-in-2012-campaign?module=HP11_content_stream

Really? CAR @ WAS, but not DEN @ CAR? Fox's return to Charlotte? Peyton vs Newton? I would bet money that game will be in primetime.

Fox318

Saints at Cowboys is hindges on Parsells returning.

I actually want to see Jets @ Jags in place of that game.

Man, I can't decide between a Peterson or Washington jersey.... Cards GAF assemble: hooooooooo

Safe bet is Peterson since most non-Cards fans have no idea who Washington is, probably think you put ur name on the back. I might get a Williams jersey, have faith that he can bounce back from injury and be a star.

The running game being shit is the offensive line effect. The Giants had a poor offensive line. Both in run and pass blocking. We seriously had the worst tackle combination in the league once Beatty went down. Chris Snee had a down year at RG. Our FA center, Baas was banged up and took nearly the season to learn the system. So we had a shuffle at LG and Center (Boothe would play both and at times second year player Mitch Petrus would come in at LG).

As to the defense, how many points did they surrender for the season?

Understood. I know what a crap OL can do to a team. Ben is basically a cadaver sometimes out there. You gotta admit that the Gmen might not have even made the playoffs if Cruz hadn't come up bigtime in a few games, though. (Well, unless the Cowboys found a way to choke harder, I guess)

Based on what I'm seeing on NFL.com:
400pts allowed/25ppg (8th worst)
933 penalty yards (10th worst)

Safe bet is Peterson since most non-Cards fans have no idea who Washington is, probably think you put ur name on the back. I might get a Williams jersey, have faith that he can bounce back from injury and be a star.

A large point of appeal for getting Washington is that he isn't a huge name. A really solid player that will be a pro bowler but one that everyone and their mother doesn't have jersey of already. Which is why I don't have Fitz yet. Now that he's locked up, I'll get him eventually, though. Peterson will be hugely popular but boy would it be fun to rock his jersey in the stadium when he gets a return touchdown. Never gets old bouncing a jersey up and down right in front of rival fans. I really hope Williams is able to bounce back strong, was really excited to see him play last year.

Crazymoogle said:
You gotta admit that the Gmen might not have even made the playoffs if Cruz hadn't come up bigtime in a few games, though.
Cruz in the Jets game (the Jets game in general) was a big catalyst. I'd point to JPP in the first Cowboys game as another. He was a one man defense in that game (Eli was about as good as a QB can perform as well).

Without Eli's antics in the 4th quarter the Giants would have been left for dead far earlier in the season. The first Eagles game, Cardinals, Dolphins, Bills at home (close, close game!) Pats game on the road, Cowboys game in week 14 - all would have been lost if not for late come back drives. He nearly brought the team back to win the Seahawks game which ended in a pick off of a Cruz deflection as he stumbled running his route, the first Niners meeting AND the Green Bay game at home (can't leave 58 second for Rodgers!).

I don't argue or care about the elite or not elite stuff but I will argue that he was the Giants best player in 2011. Only JPP has the remote ability to make a claim at that.

A large point of appeal for getting Washington is that he isn't a huge name. A really solid player that will be a pro bowler but one that everyone and their mother doesn't have jersey of already. Which is why I don't have Fitz yet. Now that he's locked up, I'll get him eventually, though. Peterson will be hugely popular but boy would it be fun to rock his jersey in the stadium when he gets a return touchdown. Never gets old bouncing a jersey up and down right in front of rival fans. I really hope Williams is able to bounce back strong, was really excited to see him play last year.

Yeh I love watching D.Wash play, already the best player on our defense I'd say. I get the aversion to the Fitz jersey since everybody and their mother has one (including me) but when somebody is that good u cant blame him.

Yep fingers crossed on Williams, hopefully him and Beanie can stay healthy the whole season (unlikely).

The collar on the jerseys looks massive, might look ridiculous without padding.

The only thing that really changed for the Pats might be the colour of the pants which is more grey than silver.

When will they release the road/alternate jerseys from all the teams ? Red jersey or bust.

What the fuck are you doing insanity for, did you give up on stronglifts already?

My uncle is home from Cali and wanted to work out with me so I said I'd do it one day.

And yeah I haven't lifted in a month.

Lots of personal shit and have been busy dealing with that.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If Nike's soccer jerseys are any barometer, the difference between the quality level of the authentic "Elite" jerseys and the "Game" jerseys will be night and day.

Wait. So there's the explanation of the Packers jersey hullabaloo. They aren't actually going to wear the "game" jerseys?

Pathetic

These retards can't find a weed carrier, preferably a college kid?

Are you volunteering? I hear Nate Newton wants that job.

Yeh I love watching D.Wash play, already the best player on our defense I'd say. I get the aversion to the Fitz jersey since everybody and their mother has one (including me) but when somebody is that good u cant blame him.

Yep fingers crossed on Williams, hopefully him and Beanie can stay healthy the whole season (unlikely).

Let's hope that at least one of the two are healthy all season long but I agree that it's unlikely that neither get banged up at all. Would be great to see both healthy and just have a full steam ahead running game all game long by switching them up.

Can't we just join forces and teach a lesson to those smug Dutchies up north?

Sure, I had a deal like that with the Russians once and that worked out great too.

But I don't attack the clearly superior Dutchies, I don't want to hurt all their pretty girls their feelings.

Top Bottom