• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

i will say SNES has gotten better. sadly i had to put him down myself a few times to prevent him from finishing better. if you are reading this SNES.... i'm sorry! it's a dog eat dog world out there!

My highlight of the night was running over FMT like the Seahawks did last year.

PTkuNFp.gif

The tribalism around this Giant Bomb thing is insane.

First, that community at GB and the people on the gaming side here are 99% dudes, so it doesn't start out from a great place.

Then there are these women that I've never heard of before that are saying some incendiary (particularly one of them) and somewhat true things (the other one).

Then sounds like the GB community went full chauvinist. So any chance of a useful conversation about the lack of diversity in the gaming press just evaporated into thin air.

Also, note to world, the tech press is just as hilariously overwhelmed by white dudes. I can think of...Nilay Patel, Anand Shimpi, Kara Swisher on the serious end then Molly Wood and Becky Worley (is she still around?) that do more of the consumer blah stuff. I don't get why there's not more of a conversation around that in the tech press, considering how much Silicon Valley likes to tout its progressiveness.

Gaming fans are up there with sports fans when it comes to being blinkered, illogical pieces of crap which explains everything tbf

Gaming fans are up there with sports fans when it comes to being blinkered, illogical pieces of crap which explains everything tbf

Lots of gaming enthusiasts want to believe that this industry is up there with music and movies but it's honestly a lot closer to comics and wrestling to be honest. Not very diverse, not very inclusive, weirdly defensive and resistant to any sort of change.

Lots of gaming enthusiasts want to believe that this industry is up there with music and movies but it's honestly a lot closer to comics and wrestling to be honest. Not very diverse, not very inclusive, weirdly defensive and resistant to any sort of change.

That always cracks me up and I think the comics/wrestling comparison is spot on. You wouldn't really ask someone if they like movies or listen to music because...well everybody is into those things. Show gamers a woman that likes games and they all lose their damn mind like they're Sam Neill seeing Jurassic Park for the first time.

Narag

That always cracks me up and I think the comics/wrestling comparison is spot on. You wouldn't really ask someone if they like movies or listen to music because...well everybody is into those things. Show gamers a woman that likes games and they all lose their damn mind like they're Sam Neill seeing Jurassic Park for the first time.

Too good.

Spinluck

I'm not sure I agree with the not very diverse part, there are games out there for everyone.

If you're talking about people running the industry itself, then yeah, it's not even close lol.
White dudes with beards in their 30s.

I think the amount of self-entitlement is what gets me.

Bread

Banned
Right as always, scooter.

cdyhybrid

I dunno who Charley Casserly is, but I'm glad he doesn't work for the Seahawks.

He says he'd take at least 12 QBs over Russell right now :jnc

I dunno who Charley Casserly is, but I'm glad he doesn't work for the Seahawks.

He says he'd take at least 12 QBs over Russell right now :jnc

i approve of any anti-seachicken talk, but i can't fucking stand casserly. when i see him on TV i just want to punch his fucking face in and i'm not sure why

I see Dark Souls 2 is on Steam. Someone explain what the game is to me. I know it's supposed to be really hard.

its a 3rd person action game where you will die a lot. i wouldn't say its necessarily hard but you have to pay attention and be careful. i beat it already and i loved it!

Mindlog

Then sounds like the GB community went full chauvinist. So any chance of a useful conversation about the lack of diversity in the gaming press just evaporated into thin air.
Was it the whole community or just the loudmouths?
I hate how the bad apples are allowed to blight an entire community. Imagine if Gata was NFL GAF's sole representation in OT. The mob would be laying siege to the walls of Fort Insular.
The gaming thread was getting pretty good. Madden gets a disproportionate amount of shit thrown its way given how broken some of the 'good' sports games are.
Still a good laugh that EA followed its NFL license by nabbing NCAA and the fucking Arena League. I want a new Mutant League.

Top Bottom