• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

jakncoke

Banned
with a 1000 yard season, Andre Johnson would pass

Art Monk
Irving Fryar
Steve Largent
Andre Reed
Torry Holt

With also a chance to pass

Henry Ellard
Chris Carter
James Lofton

Could be the 9th or 10th wr with 14k yards depending on what Reggie Wayne does.

MechDX

with a 1000 yard season, Andre Johnson would pass

Art Monk
Irving Fryar
Steve Largent
Andre Reed
Torry Holt

With also a chance to pass

Henry Ellard
Chris Carter
James Lofton

Could be the 9th or 10th wr with 14k yards depending on what Reggie Wayne does.

1) Dre needs to stop pouting like a whiny bitch
2) Needs to learn the playbook
3) Insert Savage
4)?????
5) Super Bowl

Serious side: Now consider who was throwing to him 90% of the time. Carr and Schaub.

cdyhybrid

Oh, are we posting .gifs of QBs?

i4xPsChXFeo0P.gif

ibszMC11edjJfE.gif

why won't they just let everyone roid out already?

I thought you meant work building

and then I read the pants thing

They may as well, I had a lot of fun watching Brewers pitching posting massive ERAs at the expense of McGwire and Sosa.

And maybe I am at work. I roll up behind the counter with the ladies all
3771171-2429374263-fRVco.gif

Tamanon

Banned
Jimmy Graham is perfectly happy being the #1 TE in the league, but doesn't want to be considered a top 20 receiver instead. Until it came to the franchise tag.

eznark

Banned
lol what? Bradley is like 4x better than Rasmus defensively.

Wow that was a fucking great throw from Rasmus.

Braun looks barely safe. No great angles.

rando14

You should look at the Red Sox outfield. Collectively they're the worst in the history of the franchise. Jackie Bradley Jr. is certainly worse than Rasmus!

Depends how much you value WAR, Rasmus' WAR is virtually 0.0, whereas Bradley's is 0.9 lulz (fielding like ez said I'm guessing)

Dragon

Banned
lol what? Bradley is like 4x better than Rasmus defensively.

Wow that was a fucking great throw from Rasmus.

Braun looks barely safe. No great angles.

The dude has a .288 OBP and .298 SLG. Rasmus at least hits for extra bases. Sorry but no. No matter how much better defensively Bradley is there's no making up for a sub .600 OPS.

Depends how much you value WAR, Rasmus' WAR is virtually 0.0, whereas Bradley's is 0.9 lulz (fielding like ez said I'm guessing)

Yeah I don't agree with how WAR deals with defense.

eznark

Banned

Yeah, Rasmus is almost a full win in the negatives, defensively. Bradley Jr. will probably end the season like +2.5 wins just with his defense. That's pretty great, especially in that OF.
The dude has a .288 OBP and .298 SLG. Rasmus at least hits for extra bases. Sorry but no. No matter how much better defensively Bradley is there's no making up for a sub .600 OPS.
Considering we were talking about defense I'm not sure what your argument is. Rasmus is a better defender because Bradley is a bad hitter?

lol, son stick to fantasy books.

eznark

Banned
Just trying to get in shape again.

So I can lose it all then decide 6 months from now I want to start running again.

Register for a race. That's what keeps me motivated anyway. I do like 4 races a year just so I feel like there is a reason to keep working out.

Just trying to get in shape again.

So I can lose it all then decide 6 months from now I want to start running again.

This year is the Dolphins year to win the AFCE, I can feel it. FOR SURE THIS TIME, IT IS HAPPENING.

I feel it too! Luck and Tannehill can trade off superbowls, we get evens, you get odds.

DRC mentioned this tidbit about the Giants secondary:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/...e_of_playing_with_eli_and_peyton_manning.html

There should be little doubt about how the Giants intend to play defensively this season. Get ready for a lot of press-man coverage on the outside. "The Giants are a team that definitely wants to go after people defensively, and they want me to be on the outside and lock up (on a receiver)," Rodgers-Cromartie said. "They want me to play man to man, and that's what I do."

Perry has always mixed in some press but his scheme is primarily zone/off coverage. Sometimes he gives a bit too much of a cushion which has been a common complaint from Giants fans. That comment might make those folks a bit happier.

BigAT

Striker

Perry has always mixed in some press but his scheme is primarily zone/off coverage. Sometimes he gives a bit too much of a cushion which has been a common complaint from Giants fans. That comment might make those folks a bit happier.
They've had Prince play a bit off this past year. I thought coming out he was regarded as a good man-cover guy, but struggled partly in zone. He's gotten a lot better at it.

Also Terrell Thomas and Corey Webster were always better man guys and we know how that went with Bill Sheridan and later Perry. They were good, for the most part, but with how good the rush was for many years playing off got a bit frustrating to see.

Bread

Banned
this is the football thread ez, you aren't allowed to discuss ANY other sports

gata this is grounds for a ban, do it now!

Top Bottom