• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

MechDX

http://slickdeals.net/

http://slickdeals.net/f/7037172-sta...indows-8-1-free-software-349-99-fs-newegg?v=1

DELL i3647-2308BK Desktop PC Intel Core i3 4130 (3.40GHz) 4GB DDR3 1TB HDD Windows 8.1 (64Bit) [newegg.com]•FREE Gift (auto-add in cart): Intel INTELSP DT Software Starter Pack [newegg.com]
$349.99 + Free Shipping

Specs:•Intel Core i3 4130 (3.40GHz)
•4GB DDR3
•1TB Hard Drive
•Intel Graphics HD 4400
•DVD Burner
•Gigabit Ethernet
•Dell Wireless-N 1705 Wi-Fi Adapter
•Bluetooth Adapter
•8-in-1 Media Card Reader
•HDMI Output
•USB 3.0 + USB 2.0
•220W Power Supply
•Windows 8.1
•1-Year Warranty
You're welcome

Bread

Banned
then go ask some poors, the fuck you asking normal people for?
shut up ya dumb bitch! when someone asks for a cheap ("very cheap") recommendation it's pretty obvious they aren't looking for the most expensive consumer laptop/tablet combo out there.

Damn, latest it took me to enter a new thread....

CARDINALS bitches!

Alright, so I'll have fun with the rampant Suns FA rumors to tide me over until Training Camp starts. Let's do this Arizona teams!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Bread get this so we can get a nfl-age version of Blame Space

BZPhb.jpg

Bread

Banned
You want cheap. Cheap rarely = good
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-satellite-15-6-laptop-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-jet-black/6841014.p?id=1219241419174&skuId=6841014&st=categoryid$pcmcat247400050000&cp=1&lp=1
this one looks much better, i think this will do.

Bread you should find your local hustleman
he said to look at flea markets and bargain with them

Greg

if you're just using it for school, you don't need much at all

my 8-year-old laptop ran better than the shit people brought me with 4x the specs

a fresh windows install without all the useless software and you're golden

ya it's pretty good, but it's having overheating issues so my brother is taking a look at it.

Hmm well if everything turns out ok with it, why not get a cheap android and wireless keyboard, do basic word stuff on there and do final edits at home? That's what I do, since I use my tablet for my school books I don't want to carry around a laptop too.

Bread

Banned
Hmm well if everything turns out ok with it, why not get a cheap android and wireless keyboard, do basic word stuff on there and do final edits at home? That's what I do, since I use my tablet for my school books I don't want to carry around a laptop too.
heh i've actually had an asus transformer for 3 years, it's great but i can't do the online homework for some classes and it has a shitty word processor.

i'm not going to buy a laptop until i'm sure that i can't just fix the desktop

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Insider piece, but Sando talked to a bunch of head coaches and front office people, and they ranked all the starting QBs by placing them in 4 tiers.

Tier 1
Top 4 guys all tied for 1st

1. Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Peyton
5. Luck

I agree that Luck belongs with those guys. Writeup on him

I'm a big Luck fan but he doesn't belong with those guys yet. He needs to show he can be successful deep into the playoffs and/or put up better numbers. I have always maintained that the people who think he is inaccurate are idiots as accuracy and completion percentages aren't necessarily correlated.

My tiers (no particular order):

1. Rodgers, Manning (P), Brady
2. Brees, Rothlisberger, Wilson, Kaep, Ryan, Luck
3. Romo, Flacco, Foles, Newton, Manning (E), Rivers
4. Stafford, RG3, Cutler, Bradford, Smith (maybe)
5. Other (nobody cares division)

I don't really get the overwhelming love for Brees. Yes, he is prolific but I just don't see the 'blow-my-mind sort of plays' I see from the top 3.

cajunator

Banned
Insider piece, but Sando talked to a bunch of head coaches and front office people, and they ranked all the starting QBs by placing them in 4 tiers.

Tier 1
Top 4 guys all tied for 1st

1. Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Peyton
5. Luck

I agree that Luck belongs with those guys. Writeup on him

Looks good to me!

dionysus

Yaldog
So apparently insiders do recognize how trash RG3 is. I guess just when they get interviewed by ESPN they feel the need to spout positive bullshit.

Offtopic please, Brees on the same level as Kaep and Wilson. I'd like to see them carry a team without a dominant defense like Brees has proven in the past (though defense is good these days.)

jbug617

Banned
They are moving the Boston Fireworks show (I think this airs nationally on TV) to Thursday because of the weather on Friday.

rando14

They are moving the Boston Fireworks show (I think this airs nationally on TV) to Thursday because of the weather on Friday.

Ohhh sheeiiiiit I just realized 4th of july is on friday this year

Drunk + fireworks = I better rethink my plans

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
So apparently insiders do recognize how trash RG3 is. I guess just when they get interviewed by ESPN they feel the need to spout positive bullshit.

Offtopic please, Brees on the same level as Kaep and Wilson. I'd like to see them carry a team without a dominant defense like Brees has proven in the past (though defense is good these days.)

Yeah Brees is a bit of an outlier in that he doesn't belong in Tier 1 or 2 in my opinion. I do find him closer to the guys in 2 than 1 though...

Top Bottom