• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Agreed, most of the time. I find offseason football of draft, scouting, OTAs, arrests, drama with QBs involving motorcycle accidents, Las Vegas coke parties, Lord Tebow more entertaining than any other sports regular season. Basketball will be interesting next year, but other than that my time is focused on how teams are building.

And dinner tonight was Del Taco Taco Tuesday 3 tacos for $1.09. Four orders coming out to twelve tacos. Del Taco >>> Taco Bell anyday of the week for Americanized Mexican fast food.

Oh come on the jokes write themselves.

Agreed, most of the time. I find offseason football of draft, scouting, OTAs, arrests, drama with QBs involving motorcycle accidents, Las Vegas coke parties, Lord Tebow more entertaining than any other sports regular season. Basketball will be interesting next year, but other than that my time is focused on how teams are building.

And dinner tonight was Del Taco Taco Tuesday 3 tacos for $1.09. Four orders coming out to twelve tacos. Del Taco >>> Taco Bell anyday of the week for Americanized Mexican fast food.

You're alright with me kas. One day we will go get a brewski together but I'll actually order a girl drink for myself

Posted this in MLB but since American League won we should expect the Raider game could start near midnight if A's go deep in the playoffs...

Lol Raidaz

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Posted this in MLB but since American League won we should expect the Raider game could start near midnight if A's go deep in the playoffs...

Lol Raidaz

jHk69evZdccur.jpg

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Why'd you delete your profile? I can't accept a request from a deleted profile.

Because SNES kept harassing me about endorsing his "Nintendo PR" skills and I refused to play that game.

Also, has anybody actually gotten a job through LinkedIn?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
For one, Del Taco is more expensive.

You're not supposed to go there and actually spend money!

For two, the fish tacos are goddamn amazing.

I'd rather go to Rubio's for fast food fish tacos. And even then I'd rather go to the local taqueria for better AND cheaper fish tacos.

For three, shut up

lolz

Also, has anybody actually gotten a job through LinkedIn?

I've gotten plenty of inquiries and a couple interviews, but no offers. LinkedIn's mainly good for networking and maintaining work contacts - better to keep work and personal social networking separate in my experience. Then again, LinkedIn's the only social network I bother using, because screw Facebook!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'd rather go to Rubio's for fast food fish tacos. And even then I'd rather go to the local taqueria for better AND cheaper fish tacos.

I've gotten plenty of inquiries and a couple interviews, but no offers. LinkedIn's mainly good for networking and maintaining work contacts - better to keep work and personal social networking separate in my experience. Then again, LinkedIn's the only social network I bother using, because screw Facebook!

Okay, well of course you'd rather go to the sea, catch your own fish, grow the corn and make the tortilla by hand while cultivating your own organic garden of fresh vegetables and herbs, but we're talking fast food!

Interesting about LinkedIn I do have a profile but I haven't had to look for a job since it became big. But I've never even heard of somebody getting hired because of it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Interesting about LinkedIn I do have a profile but I haven't had to look for a job since it became big. But I've never even heard of somebody getting hired because of it.

I got a profile pretty early - pretty much everyone here in the Bay Area that were at some tech related company did. I mainly did it to consolidate my previous/current work contacts.

But now pretty much everyone in HR/recruiting at a tech-related company here uses it to some degree. It's use is a lot more prevalent in certain industries than others, but there are other options out there. AngelList for example, if you want to specifically focus on start-ups.

Top Bottom