• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

MRSA

Banned
You got Norcos in 5/325, they don't dispense vicodin anymore unless you go to a shitty pharmacy.

Vicodin and Norcos are the same just different dosage of apap and hydrocodone. Vicodin has a dosage of 500mg of apap while Norcos have a dosage of 325mg of apap thats how you know the difference really.

DPMs are medical doctors, but all they know are feet, that's it. Nobody grows up saying I want to be a podiatrist.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
You got Norcos in 5/325, they don't dispense vicodin anymore unless you go to a shitty pharmacy.

Vicodin and Norcos are the same just different dosage of apap and hydrocodone. Vicodin has a dosage of 500mg of apap while Norcos have a dosage of 325mg of apap thats how you know the difference really.

DPMs are medical doctors, but all they know are feet, that's it. Nobody grows up saying I want to be a podiatrist.

And yet, proctologists exist. I'd rather be a foot doctor than the guy who has to routinely shove my fist up diseased stranger asshole for a living.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Interesting, never knew that. Would there be a difference in the "high" if you took two of the 5 MG Norcs as opposed to one 10 MG norcs? Other than the fucking up of the liver anyway.

:jnc

MRSA

Banned
And yet, proctologists exist. I'd rather be a foot doctor than the guy who has to routinely shove my fist up diseased stranger asshole for a living.

A proctologist is still a full fledged MD. A DPM doesn't go to traditional medical school, they go to podiatry school.

When you see a doc and their title is DO or DPM you have to realize that they chose that route because they couldn't get into a traditional MD program.

EDIT: There's no percieved difference in high from taking 2 5MG vs 1 10MG other than surrendering your liver. Just chew them up or crush them and drink.

WanderingWind

A proctologist is still a full fledged MD. A DPM doesn't go to traditional medical school, they go to podiatry school.

When you see a doc and their title is DO or DPM you have to realize that they chose that route because they couldn't get into a traditional MD program.

Still.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
For WanderingWind and rest of BillsGAF:

Six months after he was fired as head coach of the Lions, Jim Schwartz is settling in as defensive coordinator of the Bills.

Schwartz told the Buffalo News that he’s sure he’s in the right place, and at age 48 he has a lot of coaching left in him.

“There was never a question of getting back on the horse, so to speak,” Schwartz said of joining the Bills. “It was just making sure that the opportunity was the right one. I am very confident that this is it.”

Schwartz believes the Bills have a lot of talent on defense and that he can mold that talent.

“I’ve got to prove myself all over again. That’s exciting. I think that’ll bring out the best in players and the best in coaches. This is a tremendous opportunity for a defensive coach. I think there are some real positives here that we can build on,” Schwartz said.

If Schwartz succeeds in Buffalo, he may get a second chance at being a head coach. Hopefully with better results than he had in Detroit.

-PFT

Schwartz did a good job his first couple of years and peaked as a coach in 2011. It was really the Scott Linehan offense and offensive weapons we had at the time that lead us to great success that magical 2011 season. Eventually the predictability of the double reverse Linehan offense and injuries destroyed our offense.

Schwartz is a good guy, just not meant to be a HC. I think he'll be a solid D coordinator like he was with the Titans. He comes from the school of Jeff Fischer who has always been a great defensive coach, IMO.

WanderingWind

For WanderingWind and rest of BillsGAF:

-PFT

Schwartz did a good job his first couple of years and peaked as a coach in 2011. It was really the Scott Linehan offense and offensive weapons we had at the time that lead us to great success that magical 2011 season. Eventually the predictability of the double reverse Linehan offense and injuries destroyed our offense.

Schwartz is a good guy, just not meant to be a HC. I think he'll be a solid D coordinator like he was with the Titans. He comes from the school of Jeff Fischer who has always been a great defensive coach, IMO.

Well, he really was the best option available after Pettine left. He's a passionate guy and I think the Bills needed somebody like that. Whether or not he's capable of using the pieces we have will determine if he's still able to make a defense tick. He's got an uphill battle this year, with Kiko out and our secondary being comprised of role players only, but the front should be able to give him some schemes to work with.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Well, he really was the best option available after Pettine left. He's a passionate guy and I think the Bills needed somebody like that. Whether or not he's capable of using the pieces we have will determine if he's still able to make a defense tick. He's got an uphill battle this year, with Kiko out and our secondary being comprised of role players only, but the front should be able to give him some schemes to work with.

Yeah, you guys have a solid front 7 and Schwartz started off as a defensive line coach. I subscribe to the defensive philosophy if a solid 4-3 defense can put enough pressure on the opposing QB/offense it'll make up for holes in the secondary.

You're offense will be really interesting to see this season especially with Sammy Watkins, who IMO is the most sure fire WR prospect since Julio Jones.

If EJ Manual can turn out to be somewhat of a decent QB you guys will make some noise in a weak AFC East, and weak AFC in general. Having CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson will take a ton of pressure off of him as well.

LOL

I see I started a little back n forth. Nice :)

Is there a thread for the fantasy leagues? I half expected the leagues to be full, they usually are.

What time do you guys draft usually? I'm in the UK so might struggle to attend if it's in the evening US time.

LOL

I see I started a little back n forth. Nice :)

Is there a thread for the fantasy leagues? I half expected the leagues to be full, they usually are.

What time do you guys draft usually? I'm in the UK so might struggle to attend if it's in the evening US time.
I don't know how many open leagues are in this specific thread. But if you look in OT closer to end of month and football season they'll be various leagues springing up with open spots.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Speaking of, I just renewed the cat.gif and stragglers leagues. Let me know if you don't get an email. Or if you're not playing, let me know, as well.

Dragon

Banned
Skyped with a girl last night

Tell-Me-About-It.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Maybe I am too old but kids these days have first dates over skype? Or did you know this girl before that gata?

I facetimed with a chick I met online....it certainly takes the bad kind of mystery out instead of meeting up and having to buy them a drink.

I'm hoping that's what Gata is talking about anyway. Wouldn't call it a "date"

dionysus

Yaldog
I facetimed with a chick I met online....it certainly takes the bad kind of mystery out instead of meeting up and having to buy them a drink.

I'm hoping that's what Gata is talking about anyway. Wouldn't call it a "date"

I went on a blind date with the woman who is now my wife and the person who set us up would not tell me what she looked like. So I imagined the worst.

That feeling when she turned out to be skinny and cute was amazing and started the relationship out on the right foot.

Kids these days...

jakncoke

Banned
Silverlight is seriously the biggest shit ever. Its as if I ate taco bell, kfc, pizza hut, little caesars, in and out , a cheap 3.99 las vegas buffet, 2 lbs of lard then went on to drink 3 pots of coffee, 5 md, 12 beers and took a shit out a program. Why hasnt netflix moved on? I just had to restart my computer because netflix wouldnt play because silverlight was having a period and gave me an audio error

Dragon

Banned
Silverlight is seriously the biggest shit ever. Its as if I ate taco bell, kfc, pizza hut, little caesars, in and out , a cheap 3.99 las vegas buffet, 2 lbs of lard then went on to drink 3 pots of coffee, 5 md, 12 beers and took a shit out a program. Why hasnt netflix moved on? I just had to restart my computer because netflix wouldnt play because silverlight was having a period and gave me an audio error

Get a Chrome cast or roku. Problem solved.

jakncoke

Banned
Get a Chrome cast or roku. Problem solved.

chrome cast would mean I need to buy a tv for my room, roku i would have to use their shitty interface.

Well thanks for making me feel better. I was feeling old going back to school at 26.

I dont think you should Konka, specially with the recent recession. I bet people over 25 going back or starting school for the first time is at a all time high*

*stats are from my ass, but likely true

Top Bottom