• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

LbcwSprdlliBofltDHcmVhJn.jpg20140702-2-1ph481b

iranmaybe.png

Janaragus Russel.

Farooq

Banned
I just want to remind people that Brees has consistently won games and produced throwing to guys like Devery stonehands Henderson, Terrance Copper, Lance moore a practice squadder from Cleveland, and a revolving door of other TE's and recievers. Even Colston as good as he is isnt a true #1 WR of thel ikes of Megatron or AJ or Fitz. Meachem left and was a total bust in San Diego. Brees threw mostly to TE and runningbacks last year. I mean seriously, he doesnt have the height or the arm strength to wow people but he gets it done with the best of them, and often with a terrible defense or other team deficiencies and no running game. Yet still keeps the team if not in the top 5 offenses, but top ten and consistently in the playoffs. This is not Kastrioti bullshit the guy has a ring and a bunch of playoff appearances.

Brees is a Top 4 QB, offtopic doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about. Brees has excellent mechanics, accuracy, pocket awareness and movement. He has amazing production and is efficient. Plus he has won a super bowl, and allows New Orleans to be a perennial playoff threat.

cajunator

Banned
Always funny at my work to hear all the yankees making evacuation plans for tropical storms.

yeah it is

Heavy rain kinda puts a firework show + outdoor orchestra concert in a bit of a jam.

it might not be heavy even. Its going to be recurving out to sea by that point. Depends on the storm diameter.

Just watched The Waterboy and I thought of Cajunator.

Squeeeeeeee

That movie was definitely about my university hehee.

Brees is a Top 4 QB, offtopic doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about. Brees has excellent mechanics, accuracy, pocket awareness and movement. He has amazing production and is efficient. Plus he has won a super bowl, and allows New Orleans to be a perennial playoff threat.

But at what price?!

#RipBrent #ForeverAKidDownThere

Throw 27 TDs.
complete 64% of his passes
throw less than 10 INTs (Foles threw 2)

Cam Newton the RB is pretty good, but no one fears Cam Newton the QB.

Being a QB is more than being a passer (and I'm still not convinced Foles is even a great passer, before he got into Chip's system he was dreadfully mediocre). Otherwise superbowl winning QB Russell Wilson would be in the bottom tier and fucking Matthew Stafford would be the best QB in the league.

This "Cam Newton the RB" argument sounds like we're back on draft day 2011. Cam has proven time and time again he can make all of the throws, he can make them in windows, he can make them in big moments. I could shit up the thread with GIFS to prove this, but I only need one.

SS1.gif

Pump fake and look off to manipulate the safety and then a perfect throw over tight coverage putting the ball where only his guy can get it.

Is a runningback making that throw?

rando14

Being a QB is more than being a passer (and I'm still not convinced Foles is even a great passer, before he got into Chip's system he was dreadfully mediocre). Otherwise superbowl winning QB Russell Wilson would be in the bottom tier and fucking Matthew Stafford would be the best QB in the league.

cup-of-water-tremble.gif

Uh oh you done done it now, he's comin for ya!!

This "Cam Newton the RB" argument sounds like we're back on draft day 2011. Cam has proven time and time again he can make all of the throws, he can make them in windows, he can make them in big moments. I could shit up the thread with GIFS to prove this, but I only need one.

SS1.gif

Pump fake and look off to manipulate the safety and then a perfect throw over tight coverage putting the ball where only his guy can get it.

Who was catching the ball in that .gif though?

All joking aside, I believe in Cam. Sure he needed an illegal move by Cuntly on Gronk to beat us, but he was balling out like a motherfucker that game.

1a. JFF
1b. Tebow
2. Luck
3a. Wussle
3b. Cameron
3c. Mallet
4. Stafford
5. Kaep
6. Foles
7. RG3

(The Italian Stallion has been left out of consideration for now, because he's too good already)

All joking aside, I believe in Cam. Sure he needed an illegal move by Cuntly on Gronk to beat us, but he was balling out like a motherfucker that game.

1. Tebow
2. Luck
3a. Wussle
3b. Cameron
3c. Mallet.
4. Kaep
5. RG3

(The Italian Stallion has been left out of consideration for now, because he's too good already)

So Tommy gets a little long in the tooth and Pats-GAF already drops him like a sack of potatoes?

For shame, Dutch. For shame.

1a. JFF
1b. Tebow
2. Luck
3a. Wussle
3b. Cameron
3c. Mallet
4. Stafford
5. Kaep
6. Foles
7. RG3

No love for Ryan "The Trill" Tannehill? You hurt me dutch.

I can't believe some are trying to claim Russel as a top 5 QB..I mean he's good sure but he's not top 5, not even close.

You see how Tannehill isn't on my short list of young QBs? It's because if forgot he existed.

Edit: Sorry Chris, I'm being mean. Now off to bed before The Darkest Dad starts yelling at me again.

rando14

I can't believe some are trying to claim Russel as a top 5 QB..I mean he's good sure but he's not top 5, not even close.

Yeah that's fair, it's most likely super bowl colored-glasses right now. If Kaep makes the throw to Carbcakes and wins the SB they'd be saying the same thing about him and Wilson would be in that third tier instead of him

jakncoke

Banned
7 tds vs Raiders 28th pass D
3 tds vs Minnesota 31st pass D
2 tds vs Dallas 30th pass D
3 tds vs Tampa Bay 17th pass D
3tds vs Green Bay 24th pass D
2 tds vs Bears 15th pass D

Trent Dilfer has one too

You see how Tannehill isn't on my short list of young QBs? It's because if forgot he existed.

Edit: Sorry Chris, I'm being mean. Now off to bed before The Darkest Dad starts yelling at me again.

I hope he gives you a stern lecture!

Yeah that's fair, it's most likely super bowl colored-glasses right now. If Kaep makes the throw to Carbcakes and wins the SB they'd be saying the same thing about him and Wilson would be in that third tier instead of him

Pretty much, I hate sports rankings especially from the media when they take metrics like wins and losses to compare players.

JABEE

Nick Foles is an outstanding player. The Raiders defense was ranked higher at the time of Foles playing them. It's not Nick's fault he put up close to 4 weeks worth of passing production against them!

rando14

Sorry rando I was defending my point :(

Haha it's no worries man!! I think we can all agree that qb tiers is the devil's work and only serves to tear us apart!!

It is quite exiting to be a 'thug'. I get why the third best corner in the league, Dick Sherman, enjoys it so much.

Let's be BFFs again and talk about young people stuff, bruhbruh

Dicky schemed this all from the beginning, building his brand, dude's set for life now!!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Happy belated birthday to AK7 my favorite Steelers fan next to bionic (and jak of course).

Tier 2
6. Phil Rivers
7. Big Ben
T-8. Matt Ryan
T-8. Tony Romo
T-8. Russell Wilson
T-8. Eli Manning
12. Joe Flacco
13. Matt Stafford
14. Colin Kaepernick

Joe Flacco, Eli, Romo, Ben and Rivers better Quarterbacks than Stafford?

stafford%2Bsmiling%2Bvert%2Bv%2Bcheifs.jpg

Put aside rings, wins etc. because thats not what we're talking about. We're talking about who is the better Quarterback at this moment in terms of talent, potential, age etc.

Would you rather have old man Manning, Rivers or Ben to build your team around or Matthew Stafford? I'd even put Stafford ahead of Wilson at this point but I won't because Wilson has a solid two seasons, but still isn't a better Quarterback than Stafford.

Refreshing too see Stafford ahead of Kaep though.

It's still a listwar Gaming side type of thing but like the great Steve Young said: "Matthew Stafford is on the cusp of greatness.

Now that soccer is over I can't wait for this season too start so y'all can see what I've witnessed since we drafted Stafford.

Restore the Roar 2014.

Haha it's no worries man!! I think we can all agree that qb tiers is the devil's work and only serves to tear us apart!!

Dicky schemed this all from the beginning, building his brand, dude's set for life now!!

Yes with the exception of Manning>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brady of course.

Edit: You're late Kas, We've been waiting for you for a few pages now

Spinluck

Happy belated birthday to AK7 my favorite Steelers fan next to bionic (and jak of course).

Joe Flacco, Eli, Romo, Ben and Rivers better Quarterbacks than Stafford?

stafford%2Bsmiling%2Bvert%2Bv%2Bcheifs.jpg

Put aside rings, wins etc. because thats not what we're talking about. We're talking about who is the better Quarterback at this moment in terms of talent, potential, age etc.

Would you rather have old man Manning, Rivers or Ben to build your team around or Matthew Stafford? I'd even put Stafford ahead of Wilson at this point but I won't because Wilson has a solid two seasons, but still isn't a better Quarterback than Stafford.

Refreshing too see Stafford ahead of Kaep though.

It's still a listwar Gaming side type of thing but like the great Steve Young said: "Matthew Stafford is on the cusp of greatness.

Now that soccer is over I can't wait for this season too start.

Restore the Roar 2014.

Kas come on man, this has to be trolling now.

Of course Ben and Eli are better than Stafford, lol. Come on now.

Who's the WiiU of next gen consoles?

This is a tough question.

Pepiope

Last season under Reid was mediocre? So you believe a rookie season when he took over an injury-depleted team (4 out of 5 starting linemen injured) who quit on their coach is a fair assessment of Foles ability to play QB?

It's pretty comical actually. A year ago a majority of people said that Foles would never start for Chip because he doesn't fit his system. Now Foles is suddenly a product of Chip's system.

Yep, Cam is clutch. 10 points in the playoffs as a 2 seed. I don't need GIFs to prove that Foles knows how to handle the QB position. Last season (and his stats) should speak for itself.

Nope.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas come on man, this has to be trolling now.

Of course Ben and Eli are better than Stafford, lol. Come on now.

No they're not. They have more rings, a longer history in this league but as of June 2nd 2014 they are not better QBs than Stafford.

And as for the Top 4 QBs:

Manning, Rodgers, Brees and Brady. 3 out of the 4 are hitting 35+ years. Old dudes need to make way for the new generation.

The next decade will be a battle between the NFC Stafford and the AFC Luck. Let's just embrace this future rivalry Spin.

Top Bottom