• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Farooq

Banned
Zsck07C.png

Passer rating bitch (minimum 1500 pass attempts). There is your list. Fuck everything else, because this list has Tony Romo in the top 5.

MechDX

Schooooooooob!!!!

Man...what could have been if fatass Haynesworth didn't fall on his foot

He was never the same after the damn linsfranc injury

JABEE

Alison Brie is the greatest actress of all time.

Matthew Stafford is the greatest football player of all time.

Jon Gruden is the greatest coach of all time.

The Patriots are the worst team in Professional Sports.

Scott Stevens is an asshole.

Spinluck

Just ran 5k in 88 degree heat. Feels good.

Ran roughly half of that earlier. Felt a lot better than my run earlier this week.

No they're not. They have more rings, a longer history in this league but as of June 2nd 2014 they are not better QBs than Stafford.

And as for the Top 4 QBs:

Manning, Rodgers, Brees and Brady. 3 out of the 4 are hitting 35+ years. Old dudes need to make way for the new generation.

The next decade will be a battle between the NFC Stafford and the AFC Luck. Let's just embrace this future rivalry Spin.

Smh Kas, you are more far gone than I thought.

Last season under Reid was mediocre? So you believe a rookie season when he took over an injury-depleted team (4 out of 5 starting linemen injured) who quit on their coach is a fair assessment of Foles ability to play QB?

By itself no. But I'm also not taking the first year in a new system that defending teams are just getting used to as some gospel on Saint Nick as the greatest quarterback ever. I want consistency. I want to see what he does in this first full year as a starter playing against a division winner's schedule. The Panthers play the Eagles this year. When he throws 7 touchdowns against that defense, I'll be right there with you singing his praises.[/quote]

Yep, Cam is clutch. 10 points in the playoffs as a 2 seed. I don't need GIFs to prove that Foles knows how to handle the QB position. Last season (and his stats) should speak for itself.

If you want to talk about the playoffs, we can talk about how elite QB Nick Foles only threw for 195 yards against a worse defense in the Saints than the one Cam faced the next week.

And again if passing stats are your only argument, you've lost already. Ask any defensive coordinator in the league which quarterback he fears playing more, 32 defensive coordinators are going to tell you Cam Newton.

Vyroxis

Banned
Tom-Savage-Houston-Texans-1.jpg

Look at those eyes! Unrelenting, determined, BOB trained. He will unleash hell upon the league!

#SAVAGEFUTURE

From what I heard, he improved a lot from when he started training post-draft. However, I don't see him being a superstar QB. Stafford level maybe, but nothing legendary.

Konka

Banned
By itself no. But I'm also not taking the first year in a new system that defending teams are just getting used to as some gospel on Saint Nick as the greatest quarterback ever. I want consistency. I want to see what he does in this first full year as a starter playing against a division winner's schedule. The Panthers play the Eagles this year. When he throws 7 touchdowns against that defense, I'll be right there with you singing his praises.

If you want to talk about the playoffs, we can talk about how elite QB Nick Foles only threw for 195 yards against a worse defense in the Saints than the one Cam faced the next week.

And again if passing stats are your only argument, you've lost already. Ask any defensive coordinator in the league which quarterback he fears playing more, 32 defensive coordinators are going to tell you Cam Newton.

How many times has Cam had his jersey in the HOF on display with Peyton Manning.

#Restorethewhatevernoiseeaglesmake

MechDX

From what I heard, he improved a lot from when he started training post-draft. However, I don't see him being a superstar QB. Stafford level maybe, but nothing legendary.

Its his arm that got everyone's attention at OTA's. Dropping 80 yard bombs in windy conditions and hitting receivers in stride. Ive read numerous times if he had stayed at one college his entire career he would probably have been a first round pick. His biggest knock is reading defenses and calling options.

Personally I would say fuck it and put him out there vs. Washington week 1. O Briens offense calls for a time eating ground game and dink n dunking to tight ends (pass catchers....) anyway. Just mold the game plan around him with low risk passes at first and slowly add more as the season progresses.

Pepiope

By itself no. But I'm also not taking the first year in a new system that defending teams are just getting used to as some gospel on Saint Nick as the greatest quarterback ever. I want consistency. I want to see what he does in this first full year as a starter playing against a division winner's schedule. The Panthers play the Eagles this year. When he throws 7 touchdowns against that defense, I'll be right there with you singing his praises.
Cam hasn't thrown 7 TDs against anyone (hasn't even thrown 4 against anyone).

Well, since we are talking about QBs here I'd like to point out that the Saints had the #2 passing defense in the NFL. The 49ers were 7th. Foles still threw 2 TDs with no INTs (105 QB rating), one of those TD passes put them ahead with a little under 5 minutes to go in regulation (A clutch TD?).

So I've lost because of a survey of 32 DCs that doesn't exist?

I'll tell you this much. If I were playing the Panthers, the 26th ranked offense is the least of my concern.

MechDX

It’s been a huge car industry secret for most of 2014: how much power will the new supercharged 6.2-liter “Hellcat” V-8 in the 2015 Challenger SRT produce? Today, Dodge reveled the answer: 707 hp.

That’s, um, a lot. The massive engine also makes some serious torque, to the tune of 650 lb-ft, which is enough to turn its massive rear tires into pools of molten rubber faster than you can say “bad kitty!” According to Dodge, this makes the Challenger Hellcat the most powerful Challenger ever, Dodge's most powerful V-8 ever, and the most powerful muscle car ever. (So you don’t have to look it up, Ford’s previous-generation lighter, smaller Mustang GT500 currently boasts a huge 662 hp and 631 lb-ft of torque, while the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 makes a comparatively wimpy 580 hp and 580 lb-ft of torque. Yep, they’ve been served.)

hhhnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg

rando14

Cam hasn't thrown 7 TDs against anyone (hasn't even thrown 4 against anyone).

Well, since we are talking about QBs here I'd like to point out that the Saints had the #2 passing defense in the NFL. The 49ers were 7th. Foles still threw 2 TDs with no INTs (105 QB rating), one of those TD passes put them ahead with a little under 5 minutes to go in regulation (A clutch TD?).

So I've lost because of a survey of 32 DCs that doesn't exist?

I'll tell you this much. If I were playing the Panthers, the 26th ranked offense is the least of my concern.

To be fair I think the Panthers' offense is being a little underrated here, I mean they were 10th by offensive DVOA

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

We've been through this before. Stafford does not need anybody teaching him how too throw a football because he can throw it better than just about on the planet. Bad habits and inconsistencies are worked out over time.

What Stafford needed, and needs, is 1.) a great offensive coordinator. We got that in Joe Lombardi. 2.) Our WRs, TEs and RBs not too drop the goddamned football. That is too be seen and probably my main concern going forward this upcoming season.

cdyhybrid

We've been through this before. Stafford does not need anybody teaching him how too throw a football because he can throw it better than just about on the planet. Bad habits and inconsistencies are worked out over time.

What Stafford needed, and needs, is 1.) a great offensive coordinator. We got that in Joe Lombardi. 2.) Our WRs, TEs and RBs not too drop the goddamned football. That is too be seen and probably my main concern going forward this upcoming season.

Worked out over time? Is 5 years not enough time?

:kas

cdyhybrid

I'd rather get a luxury car than a muscle car.

I live in a civilized area so I don't really have anywhere I can put all that power to use without running into 1) traffic, 2) cops, or 3) anything else that isn't a farm animal.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Worked out over time? Is 5 years not enough time?

He took over by far the worst team in NFL history at the age of 21. And he's already proven himself IMO.

When Stafford, and the Lions, take the league by the storm this season I'm taking this ish to OT.

Mind you in Staffords early career, even when he was hurt, NFLGAF was saying that they were better than Stafford. I knew that was not the case and you can find posts of me defending Stafford even when he was hurt.

Why? Because Stafford has "it". It = the component that separates the elite QBs from the middle of the road/eventually garbage QBs which both Freeman and Sanchez ended up turning out too be. You can just tell when he goes through his reads, stands in the pocket and slings the football.

If Stafford wasn't a Lion I would still say the same. I said the same about Cutler when he was a Bronco and eventually a Bear. The difference between Cutler and Stafford is Stafford isn't a douche and isn't mentally weak like Cutler.

Vyroxis

Banned
Oh I know it's not a muscle car, but that's my dream car right there, I want to own multiple corvettes.

My brother used to be like that, until the shitty GM construction repeatedly caught up to him and he ended up dumping all three. Seriously, they are for guys having their midlife crisis, and nothing more. Get a Challenger.

Stafford is Stafford isn't a douche and isn't mentally weak like Cutler.

Unless he is near the Buffet line, correct?

JABEE

He took over by far the worst team in NFL history at the age of 21. And he's already proven himself IMO.

When Stafford, and the Lions, take the league by the storm this season I'm taking this ish to OT.

Mind you in Staffords early career, even when he was hurt, NFLGAF was saying that they were better than Stafford. I knew that was not the case and you can find posts of me defending Stafford even when he was hurt.

Why? Because Stafford has "it". It = the component that separates the elite QBs from the middle of the road/eventually garbage QBs which both Freeman and Sanchez ended up turning out too be. You can just tell when he goes through his reads, stands in the pocket and slings the football.

If Stafford wasn't a Lion I would still say the same. I said the same about Cutler when he was a Bronco and eventually a Bear. The difference between Cutler and Stafford is Stafford isn't a douche and isn't mentally weak like Cutler.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Man fuck your dickskin jacket

:cuevas

Edit: God damn it kas. The lions are shit, will always be shit, and will forever be synonomous with shit. Become a Packer fan already.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
First MNF Game - NY Giants at Detroit.

This will be a restoration of the Roar for the whole country too see. I expect PatriotsGAF (gata I see you) too be on our side.

It'll be a changing of the guard of sorts in the NFC. Old man Eli passing the torch to Matthew Stafford.

After we demolish the Giants we're coming after the Packers and there smug fanbase.

bart-scott-can-t-wait-o.gif

Restore the Roar 2014.

cdyhybrid

I guess mythical traits and nebulous terms are really all you have left to fall back on.

Also I assume this:

And he's already proven himself IMO.

refers to this:

vkfOC2L.jpg

My brother used to be like that, until the shitty GM construction repeatedly caught up to him and he ended up dumping all three. Seriously, they are for guys having their midlife crisis, and nothing more. Get a Challenger.

Unless he is near the Buffet line, correct?

Nah I don't like the challenger anyways and I would love to restore some 60s corvettes which of course I would build properly to avoid any issues.

Top Bottom