• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Godslay

Banned
Yeah, I've been itching to get back on a golf course, since it's been so long. Love fall golfing.

All this Destiny talk, and all I feel is a big giant *meh*...

Had a splurge this week. Played two rounds of 18 this week, and hit 2 large buckets today. Plus beer and good co-workers makes for a good time. Have to enjoy it while the sliver of summer/fall is here.

ShaneB

Had a splurge this week. Played two rounds of 18 this week, and hit 2 large buckets today. Plus beer and good co-workers makes for a good time. Have to enjoy it while the sliver of summer/fall is here.

Sounds like a good time man. I should at least get to a driving range some time and see how much rust I've accumulated.

Spinluck

Just seems too crowded and dull to me.
So many miles of gated communities and I dont like the beach.

Wow, now that I think about it there are a shit ton of gated communities here. I have lived in like 8 different houses here, so this would be my 4th time living in one.

I do not like the beach that much either. The ocean destroys my skin, it is hot as fuck, and the sand gets everywhere. But I do like the view and the sound of the ocean, and of course the women (since you have absolutely no interest in anything I do not expect you to care :lol). There are also usually cool stuffs by the beach like artist or places to eat.

Anyway, here are some pics of my escapades from like 4yrs ago!

sSm0H5P.jpg

from my friends condo

5Qwbfuu.jpg

l1bhZAE.jpg

jxu7B7F.jpg

4G1blWY.jpg

Friends at the bottom corners, lol so short.

XTXTsQM.jpg

Some guy ruins my photo

v2fqqM3.jpg

Italian Ice Cream shop near the beach. It was really good.

OLtEI1v.jpg

vds91yf.jpg

BxSeGJt.jpg

We even caught the Browns vs Dolphins game! My phone was way too shitty at the time to get a decent shot of the cheerleaders, sorry chris!

Yo8izDS.jpg

Of course I was the only who dressed properly for the occasion!

eznark

Banned
Just need to learn how to not get mad at yourself for a bad shot.

I've played now three times in the last ten years (when I lived in Wisconsin I golfed about 54 holes a week) and as I've grown older my anger issues have dissolved (in golf!) now it's a technical thing, not a mental thing. I think I'm finally ready to be a bigger man than Stafford and admit I need a coach.

I finally have the time to actually dedicate to getting good at it so may as well.

cajunator

Banned
Nah. Summer is still fun season even for me. The 9-5 in the office is boring as fk but once summer rolls around? Random friends you haven't seen since college call and be like "bbq?" "basketball?" "swimming?" "park?" "boating? "fishing?" "hiking?"then you have all the vacations, the beaches etc...

It's like you get to relive the days when you were young again. Then fall and winter roll around and you're in the office from 9-5... waiting to get out then you sit in traffic for hours get home and either be alone or have to deal with the wife/gf bitching about god knows what. Then all you have to look for is the weekend where you finally get some football.

Plus summer = more legs... more skin. YAWS!

I actually have more fun at work than I do on my time off. In here we joke around and talk about stuff and its actually quite enjoyable.

I'll throw bugs at your feet, distract you. And Chuck Norris round house kick your head. Whats up Laffeyette?

Outside of large cities, the south isnt all that different from the rural north.

ShaneB

You know, while I really don't follow baseball, there is something magical about seeing a game at PNC Park.

4846_pncpark.jpg

I'll be at the Blue Jays game on Sunday, and it depresses me that the Rogers Centre is a complete dump compared to some of the beautiful ballparks in the league.

Godslay

Banned
Sounds like a good time man. I should at least get to a driving range some time and see how much rust I've accumulated.

Yeah, rust sucks. Seems like the more I've golfed in general, the easier it is to knock the rust off at the start of a season. Just kind of end up knowing how your swing should feel.

Rediscovered my slice Wednesday. God I love hate golf. Hadn't played in five years, rejoining the club next week...maybe.

Yeah, I had a pretty rough slice starting off. It's really common. It's nice once you fix it so you don't have to play against it, or even be able to control a fade to some degree.

Spinluck

Spin you don't have a proper Colts jersey man, what's up with that!!!

Lol, I was in my early stages of college at the time and all I wore was a shirt and jeans most of the time, and didn't care (I had a Colts hat in the pic too!)

That shirt had Manning on the back so I just wore that when I went to games. I also don't really like wearing jerseys much, except for maybe basketball. When and if I do buy them it is more of a souvenir type thing.

ShaneB

Yeah, rust sucks. Seems like the more I've golfed in general, the easier it is to knock the rust off at the start of a season. Just kind of end up knowing how your swing should feel.

I always considered myself a casual player, never really cared much if I was good or bad, I just liked to make decent contact and have a fair paced round and not hold anyone up! My pet peeve on the course always has been playing with slow golfers.

Has Canada ever had a good ballpark?

I'm sure there are plenty of wonderful ballparks across this vast nation. Has there been a good MLB ballpark? Nah.

Konka

Banned
You went to the ballgame? PNC Park might just be the best park in baseball, perhaps tied with ATT.

I've been there more than a dozen times now since I've lived in the city. It's a fun experience. It's the only 2 deck stadium in all of baseball and that makes it feel like a classic stadium,

JABEE

Spin you don't have a proper Colts jersey man, what's up with that!!

Np, we can do it some other time!!

Every player I have a jersey of leaves the team. I bought a Desean Jackson Reebok jersey for $10. I own a Brian Dawkins jersey that I bought a year before he left the team. I owned a Terrell Owens jersey. You know what happened to him.

Konka

Banned
At least you can watch it overseas! How much does the NFL charge Irish users to watch the games? Are any of the games on television in Ireland?

NFL gamepass in Ireland is cheaper than sunday ticket and there are several bars that show NFL games in Dublin.

Godslay

Banned
Lol, I was in my early stages of college at the time and all I wore was a shirt and jeans most of the time, and didn't care (I had a Colts hat in the pic too!)

That shirt had Manning on the back so I just wore that when I went to games. I also don't really like wearing jerseys much, except for maybe basketball. When and if I do buy them it is more of a souvenir type thing.

I have pretty much that same shirt, just with Broncos on the front with Manning on the back. I'm in the same boat as I have jerseys, I just never wear them. The Champ jersey I have still has the tag on it from years ago. I might just frame them and put them in the garage.

I always considered myself a casual player, never really cared much if I was good or bad, I just liked to make decent contact and have a fair paced round and not hold anyone up! My pet peeve on the course always has been playing with slow golfers.

Yeah, I just look at it as somewhat of an internal challenge. I've played with guys of varying skill levels, but I try to not compare where I'm at to where they are. As long as you are enjoying it and trying to get better that's all that matters.

cajunator

Banned
Wow, now that I think about it there are a shit ton of gated communities here. I have lived in like 8 different houses here, so this would be my 4th time living in one.

I do not like the beach that much either. The ocean destroys my skin, it is hot as fuck, and the sand gets everywhere. But I do like the view and the sound of the ocean, and of course the women (since you have absolutely no interest in anything I do not expect you to care :lol). There are also usually cool stuffs by the beach like artist or places to eat.

Anyway, here are some pics of my escapades from like 4yrs ago!

Yeah the view from a balcony out over the ocean is nice. I love underwater ocean science and the romanticized view of tropical islands but just not the beach and the scorching sun and the sandflies. I do like scavenging along the beach for shells and creatures and coconut pieces and imagining the exotic places they came from floating hundreds of miles to arrive on the beach. So in a way I dont mind beachfronts, just what people do on the actual beach. You will easily catch me kicking back on the dock with a fishing rod.

That new stadium should be much closer to you right?

One hour closer! I went to the site before the dolphins game a couple years ago. I have no idea where the parking will be because aside from a small restaraunt across the street there was nowhere to build.

Anyways you let me know if you ever make your way out to CA on one of your eventual vacations brotha! We'll go have some drinks with kas

cajunator

Banned
One hour closer! I went to the site before the dolphins game a couple years ago. I have no idea where the parking will be because aside from a small restaraunt across the street there was nowhere to build.

Anyways you let me know if you ever make your way out to CA on one of your eventual vacations brotha! We'll go have some drinks with kas

Im looking at it on google maps looks like it will share parking with Hilton Santa Clara.
Its next to some kind of theme park.
One thing I wondered is will San Franciscans drive over two hours to get to it?

cdyhybrid

Im looking at it on google maps looks like it will share parking with Hilton Santa Clara.
Its next to some kind of theme park.
One thing I wondered is will San Franciscans drive over two hours to get to it?

They will. The Niners aren't the Jags or some similar team (sorry Gata).

Unless they do something really stupid like banning tailgating or something.

jakncoke

Banned
motherfucking sake
first time i play gta 5 in 4 months
met with 400 mb in updates and..
my cousin on bad sport ban till 230 am est ffs

what is this. chan/mrsa fault fo sure

cajunator

Banned
They will. The Niners aren't the Jags or some similar team (sorry Gata).

Unless they do something really stupid like banning tailgating or something.

Im sure they will.
The drive from Lafayette to New Orleans to see the Saints is 2 hours across mostly swampland and thousands of people drive that far.

Hunter S.

Getting in gear to start climbing Rocky Mountain 14ers at least once a week for the rest of the summer. First ones should kick my ass, but of course starting with the easier ones. had a fluke fall on an easier hike. All scabbed up. worse hiking fall I ever got. Bless the rum guys! Peace.

Top Bottom