• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

I'll take any of you PS4 losers in halo any day of the week!

Me Mech and zvonimir against your 3 best!

amigosalute.gif

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hito, I'm really bad with computer talk. Can you translate it in terms of football stats?

Translate what you just said and compare it to Staffords' 2011 season. (I seriously have no idea what you just said :jnc Appreciate the help though)
If you're buying used you may be getting a model that's fairly old, and some old models can't run the latest versions of the OS.

Greg

I'm going to need an extra cup of coffee to balance out just watching that

You like the new Allegaeon? Probably my favorite metal album from this year so far. The guitar work... so good.
yeah, it's pretty cool - my 2nd favorite release from them I'd say (I don't know why I love their first EP so much)

new Fallujah, Betraying the Martyrs, and Within the Ruins are out too if you need anything else to check out

eznark

Banned
Ez do you actually like watching Dota or are you trying to be ironic?

I have it on a screen pretty much at all times if I am at a desk. Right this second I am looking at 5 screens and one is a replay of the TI matches I missed on Sunday while my wife was in the tri. I definitely enjoy it.

For this crowd it's a bad comparison because most are either too young or poor to partake, but it's like golf. I can watch and get actual tips to improve my game. Also since a lot of it takes place overseas, it fills the mornings before baseball starts!

Greg

I have it on a screen pretty much at all times if I am at a desk. Right this second I am looking at 5 screens and one is a replay of the TI matches I missed on Sunday while my wife was in the tri. I definitely enjoy it.

For this crowd it's a bad comparison because most are either too young or poor to partake, but it's like golf. I can watch and get actual tips to improve my game. Also since a lot of it takes place overseas, it fills the mornings before baseball starts!
how did she do?

Fox318

I'm going to need an extra cup of coffee to balance out just watching that

yeah, it's pretty cool - my 2nd favorite release from them I'd say (I don't know why I love their first EP so much)

new Fallujah, Betraying the Martyrs, and Within the Ruins are out too if you need anything else to check out
pKIIdG3.jpg

I have almost zero knoldge on MOBAs so I'm always amazed on how popular it has become.

I can watch counter-strike and tf2 though.

eznark

Banned
And thank God there are no Asians or Eurotrash!

The Falcons? Really? Could you pick a more lame ass milquetoast team to cover? I would've said the same about the Dolphins but at least they had a new regime which was interesting to see work. The Falcons are like the most known quantity in football. It's going to be as awful and boring as a Packers one would be. You need to profile a team with thugs and pricks and criminals. It should just always be a Bengals show.

Fox318

And thank God there are no Asians or Eurotrash!

The Falcons? Really? Could you pick a more lame ass milquetoast team to cover? I would've said the same about the Dolphins but at least they had a new regime which was interesting to see work. The Falcons are like the most known quantity in football. It's going to be as awful and boring as a Packers one would be. You need to profile a team with thugs and pricks and criminals. It should just always be a Bengals show.

Maybe they can show all of the Atalanta superfans!!

You can spot them because they still think Vick is on the team.

I have never listened to their EP but I've heard the same from other people. I need to check it out. One thing I appreciate about the new Allegaeon is that they don't mind letting a solo go on for awhile. I feel like a lot of super fast tempo metal bands have these really short solos that end before they get started, but these guys make it a prominent aspect of their music. It's hard to beat a good guitar solo in my book, especially when you have some intricate rhythm guitar and drums behind it.

I will look into the other stuff you mentioned! Music listening time is super limited these days but I still try to sneak it in when I can.

eznark

Banned
I have almost zero knoldge on MOBAs so I'm always amazed on how popular it has become.

I can watch counter-strike and tf2 though.

I started with Demigod (which is still probably my favorite) so it's not like I'm og dota or anything. At this point it's as much just having fun playing with the fifteen or so people who play regularly I think because I pretty much refuse to play solo now.

how did she do?

6:14 (6:07 if you don't count transitions). She was shooting for 6 flat but considering this was her first time in a triathlon of this size she did awesome. It was her first ever open swim and she did it 2 minutes faster than the lap pool. I think she finished in the top third of her age group, which is a pretty competitive group, so that's rad.

Fox318

I started with Demigod (which is still probably my favorite) so it's not like I'm og dota or anything. At this point it's as much just having fun playing with the fifteen or so people who play regularly I think because I pretty much refuse to play solo now.

6:14 (6:07 if you don't count transitions). She was shooting for 6 flat but considering this was her first time in a triathlon of this size she did awesome. It was her first ever open swim and she did it 2 minutes faster than the lap pool. I think she finished in the top third of her age group, which is a pretty competitive group, so that's rad.

I played like 3 games of Demigod and I just didn't get the hook with MOBAs.

I need to give DOTA2 a try.

Greg

I have never listened to their EP but I've heard the same from other people. I need to check it out. One thing I appreciate about the new Allegaeon is that they don't mind letting a solo go on for awhile. I feel like a lot of super fast tempo metal bands have these really short solos that end before they get started, but these guys make it a prominent aspect of their music. It's hard to beat a good guitar solo in my book, especially when you have some intricate rhythm guitar and drums behind it.

I will look into the other stuff you mentioned! Music listening time is super limited these days but I still try to sneak it in when I can.
yeah, I like that they've been pretty consistent with their sound - they still have that cool thrash element to them

that's awesome!

ShaneB

You like the new Allegaeon? Probably my favorite metal album from this year so far. The guitar work... so good.

I mentioned it to Greg as well on Steam. I'm liking it the more I listen to it. But I'm sort of facing the same problem I had with their second album, it all sort of runs together, and tracks get forgotten easily.

Started reading Fantasy Life by Matthew Berry, and it's great fun so far. Makes me wish I had gotten into fantasy sports a long time ago actually, love the stories here, especially the leagues that have been around for years and years, a way for old friends to stay connected. I know I've drifted away from so many of my friends, and that hurts. It also has introduced me to the fact that he is on the ESPN Fantasy Focus podcast, so I will start to listen to that. And Ross Tucker has been on a few NFL podcasts lately, so I will start listening to his own as well, he seems hilarious!

Also, I guess I am excited to watch the Falcons Hard Knocks, just enjoy seeing the behind the sidelines stuff really, no matter what team I guess.

jakncoke

Banned
I wonder what the scientific reasons behind my areas ungodly humidity %, nearly in the 80-80 club today aka 80 degrees 80% humidity. Wouldnt think being close to Lake Erie would do it as im still like 2 hours away from it and Lake Erie is like 4th larges surface coverage wise and I believe the shallow or 2nd most shallow

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I wonder what the scientific reasons behind my areas ungodly humidity %, nearly in the 80-80 club today aka 80 degrees 80% humidity. Wouldnt think being close to Lake Erie would do it as im still like 2 hours away from it and Lake Erie is like 4th larges surface coverage wise and I believe the shallow or 2nd most shallow

It's all the trees. Get to chopping.

bionic77

Hito, I'm really bad with computer talk. Can you translate it in terms of football stats?

Translate what you just said and compare it to Staffords' 2011 season. (I seriously have no idea what you just said :jnc Appreciate the help though)
You are probably looking at a 2010 or 2011 MacBook Air at that price range. You can't upgrade ram or HD so make sure they have enough of both (aim for 8 gigs ram and 128 HD).

Going to be tough to get that for under 500 though. You might have to throw in some drugs or sex when you make your deal on CL. I have been looking at used iMacs on CL and it is hard to find used mac shit cheap. I will probably just buy this shit new like I always end up doing.

Ez you need help. This DOTA garbage makes me miss KAS's insane posts about the Lions.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
My PS3 Destiny Beta is 86% downloaded after starting the process last night around 9:30 Best Coast Time. Have no idea why its taking so long but I think it could be due to my connection. Thanks again for the code, JABEE (and Dragon who gave me a code but ended up not working due to me being a PS3 pleb). If anyone has not made the jump to next gen like me and wants to play a inferior PS3 Destiny my PSN is: Kastrioti516.

I'm really looking forward to trying this out.

Restore the Roar 2014.

EDIT: Thanks for the info about the 2010/2011 Macbooks, bionic. It's pretty amazing how Apple products keep their resale value. I'll have trouble selling my relatively new, decent powered laptop for $300.

Top Bottom