• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Can't wait for Hard Knocks, but this just reminds me of how stacked the NFC is going to be next year. =/ AFC is garbage compared to the elite NFC.

Detroit Lions
Seattle Seahawks
Atlanta Falcons
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears
New Orleans Saints
Carolina Panthers
San Francisco 49ers

The NFC North will be a bloodbath and I think the Lions, Bears and Packers are all better than any team the NFC East is putting out this year.

DMczaf

Triple H will borrow hair extensions from Hogan.

20140716_SS_Panels_Hogan_Reigns_SC_DX_LIGHT_homepage_2.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Ah the ol give em a free crack rock then sell the remaining for 10 a piece as they chase that high but will never reach it again.

Judging by the hype around this game now and the withdrawals people are having from being unable to play their level 8 characters for all of two days, I'd say Bungie knew what they were doing.

It's going to get ugly when people can't play the game for like a month until release. I wouldn't be shocked to hear that this will garner an absurd number of preorders now.

Lol ok I'll say he had potential, but he's a jet now anyways, there is no way you're rooting for him now right??
No, sadly my disdain for the Jets outweighs my love for any single player. I hate that it has to be this way but it is what it is. :(

I hope Vick sits on the bench all season and retires without playing a down for the Jets. His career has run its course at this point.

Konka

Banned
Manziel scores as NFL's top-selling jersey

CLEVELAND (AP) — Second on Cleveland's depth chart, Johnny Manziel already tops one NFL list.

The popular rookie quarterback, who will begin his first training camp this week as a backup, had the league's top-selling jersey since April 1. The league said Monday that Manziel's No. 2 outsold all others from April 1 to July 17 on NFLShop.com.

Dick's Sporting Goods also said that Manziel's jersey is its top seller.

Manziel is followed on the NFLShop.com list by three quarterbacks: Seattle's Russell Wilson, San Francisco's Colin Kaepernick and Denver's Peyton Manning. Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman is fifth followed by St. Louis rookie Michael Sam, the league's first openly gay player.

images

MechDX

Be interesting to see how much teams would pay top 20 players in FA in this day and age if there was no cap again.

The Cowboys would be Super Bowl contenders every damn year.

Green Bay, Cincy, Cleveland, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Oakland would pretty much cease to exist.

No thanks

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The Cowboys would be Super Bowl contenders every damn year.

Green Bay, Cincy, Cleveland, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Oakland would pretty much cease to exist.

No thanks

Whaaaaat?

More like the Mount Rushmore of football would just become more permanent.

You'd have the Steelers, Patriots, Cowboys, and Green Bay every season. You'd also have to give each team it's own ability to generate revenue (like Dallas does). Basically take the largest fanbases and make them even bigger. Oakland would probably even do well because the Raiders have a huge fanbase currently in hiding.

MechDX

Whaaaaat?

More like the Mount Rushmore of football would just become more permanent.

You'd have the Steelers, Patriots, Cowboys, and Green Bay every season. You'd also have to give each team it's own ability to generate revenue (like Dallas does). Basically take the largest fanbases and make them even bigger. Oakland would probably even do well because the Raiders have a huge fanbase currently in hiding.

You are wrong, look at the recent Forbes list. The top NFL teams have one thing in common: they all have very SWEET deals with their stadiums. They get millions in extra revenue from events held there. Concessions, parking, tickets, etc..... yeah the bigger fanbase helps but it is a lot smaller than the stadium revenue.

Green Bay would be dead in an uncapped, free agent world.

brentech

I played with LiveWire and Bluemax twice last night! Clearly I don't care how bad you are!

Our first game last night was probably one of the easiest games I've played in a long time.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/790059606

It was like we were playing against bots with a 5 stack, but then one of our own turned into a bot and got stuck in the trees and didn't do anything (bluemax) for the entirety of the game.

It was amazing.

brentech

I hadn't played him in a long time. Figured why not.
edit: previous games with him was 2 months ago, and then 7 months ago or more.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Speaking of codes. I have a ps3 and believe two ps4 codes if anyone still needs one

Hey BG, I already have the PS3 Destiny code, but if no one has asked could I get it? Reason is I would give it to one of my two younger brothers (who both post on GAF) or one of my best friends so I'm not playing with random dudes online.

Not trying to hoarde codes or anything I just haven't found anyone on NFLGAF or people IRL who are playing the PS3 version. :(

Hey BG, I already have the PS3 Destiny code, but if no one has asked could I get it? Reason is I would give it to one of my two younger brothers (who both post on GAF) or one of my best friends so I'm not playing with random dudes online.

Not trying to hoarde codes or anything I just haven't found anyone on NFLGAF or people IRL who are playing the PS3 version. :(
Sent!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Any idea why it took 12 hours to install Destiny? Either way right when that intro music hits.....epic. Bungiesque you could call it. I may get the PS3 version if this impresses me (which it most likely will) and I can't wait till I get my Xbone this November.

Thanks BG! Appreciate it brother. I'm on right now if anyone wants to play. No mic though. May get one today.

EDIT: ONE MOMENT PLEASE.....

The Destiny Beta is offline for scheduled maintenance. Goddamnit I just want to try this out. I guess I can browse GAF and listen to the menu music.

brentech

Any idea why it took 12 hours to install Destiny? Either way right when that intro music hits.....epic. Bungiesque you could call it. I may get the PS3 version if this impresses me (which it most likely will) and I can't wait till I get my Xbone this November.

Thanks BG! Appreciate it brother. I'm on right now if anyone wants to play. No mic though. May get one today.

EDIT: ONE MOMENT PLEASE.....

The Destiny Beta is offline for scheduled maintenance. Goddamnit I just want to try this out. I guess I can browse GAF and listen to the menu music.
it's back wednesday

Top Bottom