• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

DCX

DCX
So I'm looking to get tickets for the Pats V Broncos game. Found a pair for 450. Some dude in Boston on craigslist. He said he would ship them to Me and once I have them I can send him a money order.

Now why do I get the feeling these tickets may not be legit? Especially if he is willing to ship them without payment? Better question is how could I authenticate them once I have them in hand?

DCX

rando14

So I'm looking to get tickets for the Pats V Broncos game. Found a pair for 450. Some dude in Boston on craigslist. He said he would ship ythrm to Mr and once I have them I can send him a money order.

Now why do I get the feeling these tickets may not be legit? Especially if he is willing to ship them without payment? Better question is how could I authenticate them once I have them in hand?

DCX

DO NOT DO THIS

Tom Penny

So I'm looking to get tickets for the Pats V Broncos game. Found a pair for 450. Some dude in Boston on craigslist. He said he would ship ythrm to Mr and once I have them I can send him a money order.

DCX

Are you drunk?

jakncoke

Banned

DCX

Money order? Yeah thats a smells like a scam.

Tom Penny

Not drunk

Two years a lovely couple spent $5,900 to see San Fran play the Ravens in the SB. Instead of tickets they got

d0130tix.jpg

DCX

DCX
Yikes! Well I knew it smelled fishy but the fact he was willing to ship first made me go against my instinct.

DCX

Lol why is Dutch going ham on Nintendo?
Gata's recent posts make sense now. Ace Sanders suspended for failing the drug policy. 4 games.

That receiver depth now down to Cecil Shorts, Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson and Mike Brown, jnc
The thing with lee is he can't seem go stay healthy, I think he might be battling a injury now. And I believe Robinson is battling a hamstring issue.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just finished about an hour and a half of the Destiny beta on PS3. This game is going to be special.

Right off the bat the tutorial stage has all the polish and detail you'd expect from a Bungie game. It really reminded me of Pillar of Autumn (first level in Halo 1) from the music to the AI tutorial guide. The story and atmosphere have me hooked already. After the tutorial you get into a hub world and then buy weapons, armor etc. then go do missions. I never played Borderlands (hated the artstyle that much plus just took a break from gaming in general at that time) so the whole RPG+FPS mechanics are totally new to me especially in the multiplayer realm.

I played with one shitty teammate but still had a blast doing my own thing. I can only imagine how much fun the game is when you have three buddies playing alongside you.

Most of my friends and brothers are getting the PS4 version, and I had totally forgotten that there is a PS4 exclusive Destiny bundle. Make the XBO vs. PS4 debate that much harder for me. But after playing on the Dualshock 3 for about an hour and a half my thumbs and hands are sore as fuck. The DS3 is such a horribly designed, light controller for FPS gaming. Have never had a long session with the DS4 but I'm sure its better than the DS3. Destiny is not a twitch action FPS like Halo so the symmetrical analog sticks and weird shoulder button placement should not affect you with Destiny. The hardest part will be picking if I play Destiny on Xbox One or Playstation 4.

Also I don't know if this is just PS3 owners but its taken an average of 10 hours for me, my friend and my brothers Beta to download.

jakncoke

Banned
Man im fucking cursed or something. I dont have my own dog, but my neighbors german sheppard would visit all the time so it felt like my adopted dog. Went into emergency surgery liver was filled with tumors, didnt make it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Just finished about an hour and a half of the Destiny beta on PS3. This game is going to be special.

Right off the bat the tutorial stage has all the polish and detail you'd expect from a Bungie game. It really reminded me of Pillar of Autumn (first level in Halo 1) from the music to the AI tutorial guide. The story and atmosphere have me hooked already. After the tutorial you get into a hub world and then buy weapons, armor etc. then go do missions. I never played Borderlands (hated the artstyle that much plus just took a break from gaming in general at that time) so the whole RPG+FPS mechanics are totally new to me especially in the multiplayer realm.

I played with one shitty teammate but still had a blast doing my own thing. I can only imagine how much fun the game is when you have three buddies playing alongside you.

Most of my friends and brothers are getting the PS4 version, and I had totally forgotten that there is a PS4 exclusive Destiny bundle. Make the XBO vs. PS4 debate that much harder for me. But after playing on the Dualshock 3 for about an hour and a half my thumbs and hands are sore as fuck. The DS3 is such a horribly designed, light controller for FPS gaming. Have never had a long session with the DS4 but I'm sure its better than the DS3. Destiny is not a twitch action FPS like Halo so the symmetrical analog sticks and weird shoulder button placement should not affect you with Destiny. The hardest part will be picking if I play Destiny on Xbox One or Playstation 4.

Also I don't know if this is just PS3 owners but its taken an average of 10 hours for me, my friend and my brothers Beta to download.

All of us play it on PS4 so there's that....and so are your friends and brothers.

This shouldn't be hard to figure out!

Also, yeah downloading it sucks. I thought about getting it digitally off of PSN but I'm afraid that even those 5 days of preloading won't be enough.

Patriots7

I really don't see why it's such a stretch. Brady isn't what he used to be and Tannehill is underrated thanks to his nonexistent o-line and running game.
You mean in an uncharacteristically down year stats wise, due to a combination of a patchwork offensive line (Brady was sacked twice as much in 2013 than in 2012, so please don't pretend that the O-Line explains all of Tannehill's poor decision making and inaccuracy) and an entire receiving corps in which Julian Edelman was the most talented of the group, is a sign of Brady "isn't what he used to be?"

TB12 led his team to the AFC championship, despite their defense being ravaged by injuries, an average at best receiving corp, a horrendous O-line all while being one Amendola drop away from being the No. 1 seed in the AFC.
You think Tannehill would have thrown the game winning touchdown against the Saints? The final comeback drive against the Browns? The unthinkable comeback victory over the Broncos?

Do you actually think that it's even remotely fathomable for Tannehill to put up better stats this year than Brady?
Like I'm not even kidding, do you honestly believe that could actually happen?

I actually like Tannehill and agree that he's underrated, or at the very least, underestimated. But come on now.

You would think reading that Michael Sam thread that he is the crown jewel of the Rams defense.

Im specifically avoiding the thread.

It was hard enough explaining to people in the post draft thread that most people drafted where he was rarely make the team. Let alone that if he does make the team it will likely be in an exclusively back up or situational role as a pass rusher.

To an outside of observer who might not know a lot about football or sports in general who is supporting Sam for all the right reasons, the idea of being cut after being drafted seems illogical. What they dont understand is that a lot of fantastic athletes never make the cut. My worry is that if Sam is one of those fantastic athletes who doesnt make it, a lot of folks will cry foul without context.

I personally really really want him to succeed but unfortunately I'm one of the few that want him to make the team solely because of his skillset and not because of his orientation. Which is kind of the entire point of social progress.

Im specifically avoiding the thread.

It was hard enough explaining to people in the post draft thread that most people drafted where he was rarely make the team. Let alone that if he does make the team it will likely be in an exclusively back up or situational role as a pass rusher.

To an outside of observer who might not know a lot about football or sports in general who is supporting Sam for all the right reasons, the idea of being cut after being drafted seems illogical. What they dont understand is that a lot of fantastic athletes never make the cut. My worry is that if Sam is one of those fantastic athletes who doesnt make it, a lot of folks will cry foul without context.

I personally really really want him to succeed but unfortunately I'm one of the few that want him to make the team solely because of his skillset and not because of his orientation. Which is kind of the entire point of social progress.

It's kinda the whole thing with Jason Collins. Yeah he wasn't great (or in Collins' case, not good), but you still wanted him to start an actual game in the bigs after coming out, just so that milestone could be reached and it'd be less hard for the inevitable next guy who does it. Even if Michael Sam only starts Week 1, I want it to happen, just so the next player to come out in the league will have it a little easier. I'd love for him to succeed in the league too of course.

ShaneB

I wonder if there will be a "Rudy" moment, where everyone is just chanting 'Sam! Sam! Sam! Sam!" and he goes in for a couple snaps.

jakncoke

Banned
It's kinda the whole thing with Jason Collins. Yeah he wasn't great (or in Collins' case, not good), but you still wanted him to start an actual game in the bigs after coming out, just so that milestone could be reached and it'd be less hard for the inevitable next guy who does it. Even if Michael Sam only starts Week 1, I want it to happen, just so the next player to come out in the league will have it a little easier. I'd love for him to succeed in the league too of course.

The thing though is unlike NBA, pretty much all games matter in the NFL. So you're going to want to start your best and while it'd be nice but if he isnt the best they have that given week then I totally disagree giving him a start just because.

Top Bottom