• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

JABEE

You're the MD Jennings.

I also got a mic! So you can bitch at me later to my face about this.
He sucks though and he doesn't even play for the Packers anymore!

Also, cool. I wish we could choose which fire team we played against. We could have 6 vs 6 amongst ourselves.

Greg is Greg.
ik49VlPshlPIz.gif

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m
Seahawks receiver Sidney Rice is retiring, per league source.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m
Per source, Sidney Rice's decision to retire arises from a history of concussions.

Rice

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 31s
JUST IN: DB Tyrann Mathieu has been placed on the Cardinals’ Physically Unable to Perform List, due to a knee injury.

Honey Badger

Pro

Just got off the phone with the Cable company. Could downgrade service and save $30 a month, but then I would no longer get my sports pack. And the NFL season is upon us. But damn $30 a month.

jakncoke

Banned
Just got off the phone with the Cable company. Could downgrade service and save $30 a month, but then I would no longer get my sports pack. And the NFL season is upon us. But damn $30 a month.

30 bucks to waste on anime and fast food or sports. The type of person you are and how much taunting you could be taking depends on your choice. Choose wisely.

Pro

30 bucks to waste on anime and fast food or sports. The type of person you are and how much taunting you could be taking depends on your choice. Choose wisely.

Nah pretty $ conscious guy. Only anime i ever watched was DBZ, not much fast food, I work out 5 days a week and mostly eat beef/chicken/rice. TV/Internet bills are just crazy these days. I'm paying $160/mo for Cable and Internet right now. Satellite doesn't look much better if you want the same channels. Fucking HD fees, box fees, receiver fees, taxes...

Honey Badger was always going to be on PUP this time of year. I expect him to be ready to go by October at the latest but hopefully by Week 1. Pretty comparable if not a little less severe injury than what RGIII had and he was ready to go by pre-season and was just held until Week 1 for cautionary reasons so I remain optimistic.

jmdajr

Fun fact: that's already more suspended Eagles for PEDs under Chip Kelly (2) than there ever were under Andy Reid's tenure. Joselio Hanson in '09 was the only PED suspension in Reid's 14 years in Philly.

Also, DC police are looking for Fred Davis. Wanted for domestic violence.

Former NFL tight end Fred Davis attacked his ex-girlfriend by throwing dirt and flowers at her ... after insulting the shape of her ass ... this according to a police report obtained by TMZ Sports.
The allegations are pretty wild -- with the ex-GF claiming she went to dinner with a male friend in D.C. on June 2nd when she was approached from behind by Davis.

The woman claims 28-year-old Davis turned to her male companion and said, "Why you with her, she doesn't have an ass."

rando14

It was a long shot for Rice to make the squad considering he couldn't do ST work either, but I was hoping. :( Plus he has a number of restaurants in Seattle so I figure he'd rather make his money that way.

Best of luck Sidney, thanks for the memories!!

Hopefully Norwood can step up and take his place

Former NFL tight end Fred Davis attacked his ex-girlfriend by throwing dirt and flowers at her ... after insulting the shape of her ass ... this according to a police report obtained by TMZ Sports.
The allegations are pretty wild -- with the ex-GF claiming she went to dinner with a male friend in D.C. on June 2nd when she was approached from behind by Davis.

The woman claims 28-year-old Davis turned to her male companion and said, "Why you with her, she doesn't have an ass."[/I]

Gonna need some pics

rando14

Wonder what the change was, perhaps more guaranteed as his contract only had 8 million guaranteed

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Chiefs are giving RB Jamaal Charles a two-year extension that makes him 2nd-highest paid back in league and ties him to KC for four seasons.

--

So looks like it's at least $9 mil/yr

Tom Penny

I pay 200+ for cable internet and a DVR and have no premium channels. I hate Cox :(

I pay 200+ for cable internet and a DVR and have no premium channels. I hate Cox :(
Dude that's criminal. I pay $180 for Verizon's ultimate package that includes every channel including all premiums, phone service (useless but its practically free) and a 150mbs FIOS internet line.

Wow...I pay 130 for diretv with hd dvr, their genie service, hbo and some other movie channels and i get their online/app streaming too. I have internet with twc though and it's shit for $30 a month but it's the only provider i have in the area. :/

Now John Dorsey just needs to extend Houston and have Alex Smith play out the final year of his deal.

If Smith continues his level of play from late last year, you end up paying him more than if you extend him now, but if he regresses, you save yourself that money.

Top Bottom