• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Yeah.

By letting him walk.
In what way?

Looking at his contract, its a five year deal masquerading as a six year contract. The final year, 2105 is an option that Suh can completely opt out on. If he does, he becomes an UFA but looking at the contract structure, I don't believe the team is going to carry much of any dead money if he walks.

The dumb fuck move for the Lions was restructuring Suh in 2013 and not finding a way to drop that ridiculous 22 million cap number in 2014.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
He's better than Mario Williams, but similar issues as far as re-signing either guy by the teams that drafted them. I imagine Suh will leave. Curious to see if he gets more than Mario got

Suh is a great player but there is absolutely zero incentive for him to negotiate a new deal with the Lions before hitting free agency.

There is no way they franchise him with that kind of figure - and even if they do, because hey they're the Lions, its certainly not the end of the world for him.

Greg

Bc6KwPn.jpg

Colasante

Patriots running backs coach Ivan Fears on rookie RB James White: "I like his running style. He runs like a big guy for a little guy. He plays big. He's a great person. He works hard. He works hard off the field, to study, to learn, to do the things we need him to do. We'll see what he's like when the pads come on. Right now, he's doing everything right. It's hard not to be in love with him."

White is going to beat out Stevan Ridley for the starting position at some point this season.

Tom Penny

Patriots running backs coach Ivan Fears on rookie RB James White: "I like his running style. He runs like a big guy for a little guy. He plays big. He's a great person. He works hard. He works hard off the field, to study, to learn, to do the things we need him to do. We'll see what he's like when the pads come on. Right now, he's doing everything right. It's hard not to be in love with him."

White is going to beat out Stevan Ridley for the starting position at some point this season.

They need Vereen for 16 games. Their " feature " backs are interchangeable.

squicken

Just in the offseason.

By week 5 when half of these people have had their hope deflated, the real shit-talk will start and it'll be like watching The Raid

Yeah I really lay off the passive aggressive trolling in the offseason. Full speed ahead once the season kicks into gear!

manfestival

Just in the offseason.

By week 5 when half of these people have had their hope deflated, the real shit-talk will start and it'll be like watching The Raid

I seen dat. As a bucs fan, hope is a futile thing. I just enjoy the season with its ups and downs. I will take any win and celebrate like its the superbowl. We got a first down? HALLELUJAH!

Farooq

Banned
Man, I am so glad the Cowboys got TE coach Mike Pope. I am reading about the strides Escobar is making this year. He is stronger and playing with less stiffness. I think Escobar is poised for a productive season.

Thank you Giants.

Tenumi

Banned

Obviously losing Suh to free agency wouldn't be the ideal situation. But, if letting him walk and using the saved money to get several nice, scheme-fitting defensive players can happen, then it feels like the best decision. One dominant player can affect an offense, but ultimately, that isn't enough if you want a consistent, strong defense.

Hello everybody, its been a while.

Tom Penny

Top Bottom