• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

minx

I meant yelling in the best of ways mech. I was referring the the enemies you were telling at when they would die before you could kill them with your special ☺

jakncoke

Banned
damn David Gilraeth has some miles traveled in his career

Indianapolis Colts (2011)*
St. Louis Rams (2011)*
Buffalo Bills (2011)*
Pittsburgh Steelers (2012)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2012)
Pittsburgh Steelers (2013)*
Oakland Raiders (2014)
Seattle Seahawks (2014-present)

RBH

Cleveland-a-factory-of-sadness-for-fantasy.-USAT-650x350.jpg

Sanjuro

Man, I always get caught watching the Man of Steel film, as it's on HBO channels non-stop lately.

What a fucking clusterfuck of a film.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
There's no way we're extending him without him taking a pay cut these next 2 years.

The main issue is cashing out with more guaranteed money as this will probably be his last year on the team anyway, but Lynch is up against this guy when it comes to fighting over cap space:

WT9zXje.png

He's not gonna get far!

Man, I always get caught watching the Man of Steel film, as it's on HBO channels non-stop lately.

What a fucking clusterfuck of a film.

I'm glad it was made. Occasionally I'll see a superhero or comic movie that I think sucks and everybody looks at me like "what's wrong with you", but Man of Steel is the one that everybody I know agrees it just completely sucks.

Sanjuro

I'm glad it was made. Occasionally I'll see a superhero or comic movie that I think sucks and everybody looks at me like "what's wrong with you", but Man of Steel is the one that everybody I know agrees it just completely sucks.

It's polished, has some interesting ideas, and does a change of pace on the mythos.

Unfortunately, Superman doesn't really require any of those things. The end product is just Superman Lives Lite.

Farooq

Banned
Pretty dead here tonight...I could post a writers summary of the Cowboys first day of training camp. Are people interested in reading about the primary concerns of the Cowboys? How they have changed their drills, how Marinelli is emphasizing speed during d-line drills, and what position group is getting a lot more attention (hint: Sean Lee's injury has a lot to do with it).

It's a fun read. So fun...

squicken

We did it Larry!

The All–Bad Contracts Team

Quarterback: Joe Flacco, Ravens
Contract Flaw: Ever Fallen in Love With a Player You Shouldn’t Have?
I thought nothing would be able to top the Sam Bradford rookie contract as long as it stayed on St. Louis’s books, but the massive deal given to Flacco after his Super Bowl win narrowly takes the cake. As bad as the Bradford deal is, at least the Rams can get out of it after this season and save significant money ($13 million) in the process. Flacco is surely the better quarterback of the two, but Baltimore is stuck in this deal for years to come. It can’t really do much about this deal until after the 2016 season, during which Flacco will have a cap hit of — shield your children’s eyes — $28.6 million. In 2017, the Ravens get to choose between paying Flacco $31.2 million or eating $15.3 million in dead money on their cap. Flacco will be better than he was last year, and the cap is going to rise, but Flacco has to be a great quarterback to justify this deal, and the only time he really was great was during the 2012 playoffs.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
An article that may only interest hito.

An inferno from a SPARQ: How the Steelers focused on athleticism in 2014

The formula has since been removed from Nike's web site, creating the speculation someone or some team is using it as proprietary information. Staff members and contributors to SB Nation's Seahawks site, Field Gulls, did the dirtiest of dirty work, figuring out how to reverse-engineer the formula based on past results from high schoolers tested by Nike.
Ryan Shazier, at 150.0, has the highest pSPARQ score of any draft-eligible player. The average among inside linebackers was 109.9 - meaning Shazier was nearly one and a half times more athletic than the average inside linebacker in this draft.
Many, including us at BTSC, questioned the reasoning behind the selection of Kent State running back Dri Archer. Those who questioned it may not have been convinced by his blistering 40-yard-dash time, but his 133.4 pSPARQ score puts him 10th among all running backs, and the 41st highest total in the draft - higher than first round picks Bradley Roby (130.0), Brandin Cooks (126) and Odell Beckham (125).

Speaking of wide receivers...

The Steelers grabbed the raw but physically talented and imposing Clemson WR Martavis Bryant in the fourth round. Most just judged Bryant by his Ben-approved height - 6-foot-4 - but it goes much deeper than that.

Bryant, at 124.3, has the highest pSPARQ score of any receiver standing 6-foot-3 or taller, and ranks 19th overall at the position, higher than seventh overall pick, Tampa Bay's Mike Evans (118.6), and - even more exciting - higher than his teammate at Clemson, Sammy Watkins (116.9), the fourth overall pick in the draft.
Steelers fifth round pick, CB Shaquille Richardson's score? 122.8.

Not only is he, measurably, a much better athlete than Dennard, according to pSPARQ, he's a better athlete than Fuller (121.4) and uber-athletic CB Justin Gilbert (120.6).

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The flipside to that is that you may get a player who has all the natural gifts but not much in the way of technique. Hopefully the Steelers have a good developmental coaching program to handle that.

Top Bottom