• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

“It’s a contract for a reason. We made a decision and it was signed, by us and by them,” Carroll said, via USA Today. “We expect them to honor their contract just as we will. We’re going to honor it and we expect them to do the same.”

lol good ol cheatin' pete. it's business brah, just like when you cut a player with money/years left on the contract

looks like doug baldwin has the right idea

“I hate the ‘but you signed the contract’ argument,” Baldwin wrote. “Players can’t say that s–t when organizations cut them.”

HawkeyeIC

so apparently the 49ers offered boone a 2 year contract extension earlier in the year that would have made him a "top 15 paid guard" in the league... which is right where he should be. and he rejected it. the only thing that makes sense at this point is that he's trying to force a trade to a team where he can play LT and be paid accordingly. as jay cutler once said... good luck!

Where did you read that?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Packers and Jordy Nelson have struck a deal. It’s a 4-year extension worth $39M, source says. Huge. $14.2M guaranteed.
#Packers WR Jordy Nelson averages $9.76M on his new deal, which is a large upgrade. He gets an $11.5M signing bonus. Well-deserved

laffo at all the people who said bye to Jordy yesterday

jakncoke

Banned
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Packers and Jordy Nelson have struck a deal. It’s a 4-year extension worth $39M, source says. Huge. $14.2M guaranteed.
#Packers WR Jordy Nelson averages $9.76M on his new deal, which is a large upgrade. He gets an $11.5M signing bonus. Well-deserved

His new APY is 8th in the league

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

In TT I trust... What does this mean for Randall Cobb?

MechDX

O'Brien intensity level is much higher than what it was during OTAs and minicamp. Not messing around. #Texans

Vrabel running sprints with the team. #Texans

based #BOB

brentech

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

i was never willing to dive into that. Had a feeling they'd sign him, just not at then amount he might want.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

never in my life did i expect to see a white WR command top 10 WR money. now toby gerhart needs to do what he does. white people are FINALLY coming up!

Interesting. It wouldn't be good to lose two top guards. Hope the rookies work out.

i feel confident in what we have at guard right now. iupati and boone both leaving over the next year is a concern but i like what looney has shown. we also have marcus martin and kilgore (the loser of the C batter will obviously be a consideration for G if boone continues to no-show). throw in jonathan martin (laugh it up cognito lovers but maybe a switch to G will do him well!) and if we were desperate adam snyder can play in a pinch although i would not want him starting

i don't want us to pay iupati $8-9 mil a year. that makes me really nervous considering his recent injury problems and his spotty pass protection. i wouldn't hate it but i feel like we have done a decent job of stocking up on G's and now we need to use that

BigAT

never in my life did i expect to see a white WR command top 10 WR money. now toby gerhart needs to do what he does. white people are FINALLY coming up!

We're moving on up.

wi0lxlotuil.gif

eznark

Banned
$14.2m for four years of control is an great deal for GB. I love the way these deals are reported, I am positive it makes players sign for less. "Look, he is getting his $10m a year!!" yeah, as long as he earns it. If not, adios fucko!

The NFLPA being weak is the best!

MechDX

Jimmy Haslam: "Johnny said it well he made some mistakes. We expect better from him. We're all on same page with Johnny"

Little prick will never change.

brentech

$14.2m for four years of control is an great deal for GB. I love the way these deals are reported, I am positive it makes players sign for less. "Look, he is getting his $10m a year!!" yeah, as long as he earns it. If not, adios fucko!

The NFLPA being weak is the best!
More confirmation that unions are the worst.

Top Bottom