• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Dosia

Anyone here get any deals on Sunday Ticket? I tried last week but got nothing. Think I will try again a few weeks before the season kicks off.

Dragon

Banned
Anyone here get any deals on Sunday Ticket? I tried last week but got nothing. Think I will try again a few weeks before the season kicks off.

If you don't care about the legality issue, I believe there are certain countries in Europe that get Gamepass for free. So you can get a VPN to do that.

11:40 in the morning too soon to have a beer?

simpsons-moes-drinking-time.jpg

Crisco

Banned

What I always do is renew at the normal price, then call a couple weeks before the season starts and tell them I'm cancelling it because it's too expensive. They always give me ~$150-200 off the package.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Saw someone use the "Wes pls ban" gif in the OT in that GRR Martin thread. Just feels weird....that's our mod darn it. I think bish and those other guys can handle the OT.

dionysus

Yaldog
What did I say? He's the most prolific fantasy writer I've ever seen? Don't know why that's a negative thing, I enjoy his books, even if I've never been a fan of his dialogue.

I was joking about actually caring. But to elaborate, you called his WoT books a mess. They weren't great but they weren't bad and WoT by the time he took over was in the shitter anyway so compromises had to be made and I think he did a good job of it.

Random WoT/Sanderson story. I went to his Words of Radiance signing in Houston and someone heckled him all night (mostly snide asides so not rising to the level of getting thrown out) and when it came to Q/A we found out why. She really identified with Masema and hated how Sanderson killed him off. She identified with a rabid murderous genocidal cancer, I guess it takes all types.

Dragon

Banned
They shut that down half way through the season last year.

ah alright, nevermind

I was joking about actually caring. But to elaborate, you called his WoT books a mess. They weren't great but they weren't bad and WoT by the time he took over was in the shitter anyway so compromises had to be made and I think he did a good job of it.

Random WoT/Sanderson story. I went to his Words of Radiance signing in Houston and someone heckled him all night (mostly snide asides so not rising to the level of getting thrown out) and when it came to Q/A we found out why. She really identified with Masema and hated how Sanderson killed him off. She identified with a rabid murderous genocidal cancer, I guess it takes all types.

Ah right, I did do that. There were specific scenes that I loved that Sanderson wrote, but mostly, I hated the entire last book, everything felt rushed, no surprise there really. It's not really his fault, taking over another writer's characters is never going to work. But I do think he should really work on his dialogue, it really is droll.

Masema was a raving lunatic and was an asshole before his conversion to Prophet status so him going all crazytown wasn't too surprising to me. What a worthless character though.

So, European here that for some fucking reason is starting to get interested in american football. Hell, I don't even watch european football. I like the tactical aspect of the american football, I suppose, and our football never really got me interested. I have no clue as to teams or anything. What decent ways are there for us to watch it, is gamepass the best option? Is there any way of getting a trial going?

Heh, bbq, football and american beer. Maybe I should switch country. :D

A little late but welcome!

Start here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509316

eznark

Banned
Alliance are the patriots? HOLD UP SON! Those are fighting words! It's weird, in a sense Na'vi have become the cowboys. They were successful in the past and now they cant even hang in the playoffs.They are even the favorites and probably sell a ton of merchandise. Dendi is practically tony romo except he doesn't choke(xboct and puppey do). You say Newbee is a legit dark horse but ignore the fact that Empire is one as well. Also lol@clown9.

Why do you insult lord arteezy?

The internets Empire love is stupid. Trash team. They are this years Mouz

Spinluck

So, European here that for some fucking reason is starting to get interested in american football. Hell, I don't even watch european football. I like the tactical aspect of the american football, I suppose, and our football never really got me interested. I have no clue as to teams or anything. What decent ways are there for us to watch it, is gamepass the best option? Is there any way of getting a trial going?

Heh, bbq, football and american beer. Maybe I should switch country. :D

You have chosen the superior football friend. Welcome!

Root for anyone but the Pats (always remember that they haven't won any real/fair Superbowls despite what anyone tells you, not propaganda, just the truth), and be sure to read up on the link the FV posted since it is useful for getting to know the game (why doesn't anyone use that thread? Lol).

I am Spin, resident Colts-GAF spokesperson and believer in Luck, and Narag is our drunk PR guy who always shows up to work late and always sees the worst possible outcome for the team. If you wish to join us pls contact him. K thnx.

eznark

Banned
RedZone is perfect for a third screen. I have the main game of the hour on my TV, use the DirecTV sunday ticket page to split screen 4 of the next best games on my laptop and keep redzone open on my ipad. It's great, especially at the end of games because it lets me know which game to flip to on the television.

bionic77

BG hope it's true.

I think everyone outside of Miami wants him to go back and give Ohio a few more years of happiness.

Dragon I agree with dionysus. Sanderson did a pretty damn good job considering what he was given to work with and I actually liked the last book. Black tower civil war and Androl were amazing. I loved how Matt handled the last battle and I felt like he wrote Matt well in the last book. And even Perrins balls dropped.

The battle between Rand and the Dark One was weird but it ended the only way it could have.

I agree that he rushes through scenes too much but that is exactly what the series needed after 6 books that were as bloated as Matthew Stafford after thanksgiving.

Draxal

BG hope it's true.

I think everyone outside of Miami wants him to go back and give Ohio a few more years of happiness.

Dragon I agree with dionysus. Sanderson did a pretty damn good job considering what he was given to work with and I actually liked the last book. Black tower civil war and Androl were amazing. I loved how Matt handled the last battle and I felt like he wrote Matt well in the last book. And even Perrins balls dropped.

The battle between Rand and the Dark One was weird but it ended the only way it could have.

I agree that he rushes through scenes too much but that is exactly what the series needed after 6 books that were as bloated as Matthew Stafford after thanksgiving.

Androl was really good, but I think it was Sanderson's character. And yeah, Perrin was beyond insufferable before the last book.

manfestival

My coworkers gossip about 50 shades of gray and make sex jokes all the time. I dont think you could offend those women if you tried.

I am not concerned about offending her. I know from hearing her argue, that she won't listen and takes the high road on everything because she will interject her religious beliefs and how good of a person she is if push comes to shove. No winning here

Dosia

What I always do is renew at the normal price, then call a couple weeks before the season starts and tell them I'm cancelling it because it's too expensive. They always give me ~$150-200 off the package.

Yeah I always do that too. I think I called too early this year though. I said I will cancel bc it is too expensive and she cancelled with no deals. In the past 5 years I dont think I have ever paid more then $100 for it.

BG hope it's true.

Not me. I want him to go the clippers and start another super team, then have said team move to Seattle.

Top Bottom