• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

MRSA

Banned
Coffee at 8:30PM.

Work is trying to kill me.

tumblr_niadpy465h1sk6x9qo1_400.gif

That new Joey Bada$$ album is nice too.

I like it better than Lupe's.

Also, I'm sorry I bailed on the Deflategate thread. Too much evil there. I listened to the BS Report on Deflategate and it was pretty interesting seeing the two types of Pats fans. When Bill talked to his dad it was all dissapointment and acceptance. When Nill talked to his friend, it was all fuck you who cares. We get most of the latter here.

I've never met a professional athlete/coach that had anywhere near the give-a-fuck that fans do about rivalries.

Yeah, it's just business. And ultimately a pass time. Everyone gets a bit caught up in the moment but who cares?

I lived in Wisconsin for 5 years, including when they won in 10'. Wasn't that obnoxious. I lived close to the border though.

Posting here because it more concern's Seattle's offseason plans (and because the SB thread is full of knobs)

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 6m6 minutes ago
Lynch is just a leader in a different way. My understanding is he's the guy teammates go to when they have a problem. He takes care of guys.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 16m16 minutes ago
That said, Lynch has frustrated management, no doubt about it. And he's not always 100% on board with coaches. But his teammates LOVE him.

Respect

Posting here because it more concern's Seattle's offseason plans (and because the SB thread is full of knobs)

Lynch is just a leader in a different way. My understanding is he's the guy teammates go to when they have a problem. He takes care of guys.

That said, Lynch has frustrated management, no doubt about it. And he's not always 100% on board with coaches. But his teammates LOVE him.

Going to be interesting how it plays out in SEA, I can't see them losing guys like Wilson, Wagner and Lynch. But if their going to lose one, Lynch is by far the most likely. He's been great for them, but I can't see him getting a big contract.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/28/seahawks-g-m-john-idzik-just-needed-more-time/

Former Jets General Manager John Idzik was a part of a good front office in Seattle, and his old boss thinks the Jets didn’t give him enough time to succeed.

Via Brian Costello of the New York Post, Seahawks G.M. John Schneider thinks Idzik could have succeeded eventually.

“I felt bad for him,” Schneider said. “I think that, it’s just my personal opinion that you should be able to hire a head coach. If you’re going into a situation like that, try to make it work with the coach that’s there and then if it doesn’t, hire your own coach and see where it goes. . . .

#FoxWasWrong #ReHireIdzik

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I think they get rid of him if they lose the Super Bowl and keep him if they win, as crazy as it sounds.

Konka

Banned
Looks interesting, but staying in somebody else their house would feel odd at first. You tried it before?

Yeah, it's great. Just check out the reviews of a place you're at. The people who offer rooms are completely used to people from all over coming and going so they're always cool about it. Sometimes they may be going away for a while and you'll get the whole place. Definitely beats paying out the ass for a hotel and a better chance to meet new people.

You can filter the results by whole place, private room or shared room to your preference as well.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Does anyone thing 2 years is long enough for a GM? That's idiocy. They are supposed to be in charge of the entire roadmap, not just the next stop.

Generally not, but if they're absolutely terrible, then yes, it's enough time. Same for coaches. I'm too far removed from the Jets to know how many terrible moves Idzik made and how much was him and how much was Rex, so I can't make that call.

MechDX

Does anyone thing 2 years is long enough for a GM? That's idiocy. They are supposed to be in charge of the entire roadmap, not just the next stop.

No, should be given 5 at minimum with the ability to hire his own head coach. No matter what the structure or balance of power is the GM and HC need to be on the same page. Rip on Idzik all you want but this upcoming season the Jets are in great cap shape. Usually when a new GM takes over the cap is a complete mess that in itself takes a couple years to clean up.

eznark

Banned
Generally not, but if they're absolutely terrible, then yes, it's enough time. Same for coaches. I'm too far removed from the Jets to know how many terrible moves Idzik made and how much was him and how much was Rex, so I can't make that call.

Oh you can say "this guy was awful everyone hated him and we think he would've continued to be shitty" but hopefully when someone asks you if you gave him enough time to execute on the vision he laid out when you hired him hopefully you'd answer truthfully and say "no."

Am I crazy for thinking that this all-female cast for the Ghostbusters movie isn't the worst thing in the world? People over in OT are acting like Paul Feig lined up their parents and grandparents and shot them all in the back of the head in front of them. I can get not being happy about Melissa McCarthy being cast since she's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think the complaints would exist regardless. To quote Labor, I'm surprised people ride that hard for Ghostbusters.

Most of the complaints are terrible, like how it "wouldn't make sense." I must've watched a different version of the movie that catered exclusively to male humor.

eznark

Banned
Am I crazy for thinking that this all-female cast for the Ghostbusters movie isn't the worst thing in the world? People over in OT are acting like Paul Feig lined up their parents and grandparents and shot them all in the back of the head in front of them. I can get not being happy about Melissa McCarthy being cast since she's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think the complaints would exist regardless. To quote Labor, I'm surprised people ride that hard for Ghostbusters.

Most of the complaints are terrible, like how it "wouldn't make sense." I must've watched a different version of the movie that catered exclusively to male humor.

Basically just because of McCarthy in my case. She ruins everything she is in.

Draxal

Oh you can say "this guy was awful everyone hated him and we think he would've continued to be shitty" but hopefully when someone asks you if you gave him enough time to execute on the vision he laid out when you hired him hopefully you'd answer truthfully and say "no."

They didn't give enough time, but man everything he did was a complete disaster especially that press conference.

You can't have a GM that is at war with the fans like he was.

I've got no issue with it. I prefer the all female cast and going a different direction than trying to recast or rehash. Harold Ramis passing all but killed any interest I had in seeing the old gang brought back together. Nevermind that Bill Murray just never seemed to give a shit.

I don't hate McCarthy either. I think this type of ensemble cast is where she functions best. Ala Bridesmaids. When she's front and center (like a lot of her solo work), it ends badly.

Bread

Banned

there are some pretty disgusting complaints in that thread. like i understand ez not liking someone in the cast, but hating on it because it is made up of 4 girls is sexist as fuck.

eznark

Banned
there are some pretty disgusting complaints in that thread. like i understand ez not liking someone in the cast, but hating on it because it is made up of 4 girls is sexist as fuck.

I actually think it's pretty awesome as a concept. But fuck Melissa McCarthy

Top Bottom