• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

JABEE

Marshawn Lynch is going to get fined for not wearing the shitty product the NFL wants their athletes to push.

He's also getting criticized for not making the media's job easier by giving them a quote. The only people upset about Lynch are the writers who are union guys that see the Lynch's of the world cutting them off in the future. Team websites and Twitter already seem to piss them off.

NHL beat writers already get pissed at the team for announcing their starter in net on Instagram and twitter. One less story for them to monetize. They had to stop doing it at the request of the union.

You have immense talent, but you don't want to talk to the media so I don't think you'll make it in this league.

If people don't want to do what is listed in their job requirements then they should also be willing to live with the consequences. If you told your boss "Boss, I don't feel like doing this even though it's part of my job" you think he should just say "Ok, no problem"?

So can reporters if they don't like the way their interviewees treat them.

Hey, I have no beef with how he's responding to reporters, as long as he's there for his alloted media hours. I haven't followed up with this super closely, but I thought this was because he just wasn't showing up. If it's because of how he's responding then fine "We're on to Cincinatti" Belichick as well.

If people don't want to do what is listed in their job requirements then they should also be willing to live with the consequences. If you told your boss "Boss, I don't feel like doing this even though it's part of my job" you think he should just say "Ok, no problem"?

If i'm one of the 20 or so best in the world at what I do chances are my boss will eat his own shit to defend me, like Pete Carrol is with Marshawn Lynch.

cdyhybrid

Talking to the media makes teams money. It's reasonable to expect your employees to do things to make you money.

Nah, you know what makes your team money?

k3dthSf.gif

JABEE

Doesn't mean they aren't going to dock your pay if it's in your contract.

The NFL also exists as a monopoly that controls players through the draft etc.

For most other businesses, you could just go to another firm. In football, all those other firms are openly colluding to control costs and branding.

I guess you could say the players negotiate away their right to complain, because of their CBA, but you could just say that they are already in a position of severe weakness negotiating with the only game in town, the NFL. The NFL, like any other good monopoly, has already either bought out or run any other real competition they have faced out of town.

This monopoly is also propped up by the government in the form of public funding. The government has decided that specific private firms deserve to have their largest fixed cost and one of the largest barriers to own and maintain a professional football team be subsidized by the government.

The NFL also exists as a monopoly that controls players through the draft etc.

For most other businesses, you could just go to another firm. In football, all those other firms are openly colluding to control costs and branding.

I guess you could say the players negotiate away their right to complain, because of their CBA, but you could just say that they are already in a position of severe weakness negotiating with the only game in town, the NFL. The NFL, like any other good monopoly, has already either bought out or run any other real competition they have faced out of town.

This monopoly is also propped up by the government in the form of public funding. The government has decided that specific private firms deserve to have their largest fixed cost and one of the largest barriers to own and maintain a professional football team be subsidized by the government.

Then their recourse is to get together to fire the PA management. Josh Gordon is evidence enough of why they should get new representation anyway.

zychi

Banned
Chevy Chase did slapstick in like the 70's, bro. You're showing how jaded old people are. At least use a comparison some of us would remember, like Chris Farley.

lawlz at calling me old. we figured out i was one of the youngest dudes here a few threads back

zychi

Banned
I'm at 43 minutes of Xbox live chat support to get a refund because a game I bought went on sale.

6 total messages from the support person.

This is ridiculous.

I'm at 43 minutes of Xbox live chat support to get a refund because a game I bought went on sale.

6 total messages from the support person.

This is ridiculous.
How poor are you? I have bought games and had them go on sale later and never asked for a refund. I cant believe they didn't laugh at you.

zychi

Banned
How poor are you? I have bought games and had them go on sale later and never asked for a refund. I cant believe they didn't laugh at you.

I bet you spend money on $12 cups of coffee everyday. I wish I could see what happens to you when you turn 65 and haven't saved any money.

ShaneB

This Lynch thing is nonsense, who cares if he doesn't spit out 'sports cliché 101' like every other athlete. Boo hoo.

Also Bridesmaids was hilarious.

MRSA

Banned
I bet you spend money on $12 cups of coffee everyday. I wish I could see what happens to you when you turn 65 and haven't saved any money.

tumblr_niadpy465h1sk6x9qo1_400.gif

yankee is a teacher, I don't know how Nevada's teachers' union is but here in California you're made when you retire as a teacher.

zychi

Banned
Wait, so you bought a console and DON'T play multiplayer games on it? That's even worse!

*sigh*

Xbox has a thing called Family Gold account sharing. One of my idiot friends who only plays COD pays for the Gold.

I'm a PC gamer and Nintendo guy.

What's it like to spend your whole day trolling on the internet? Do you fill fulfilled when you clock out of work? Or are you doing this from your mom's basement?

cdyhybrid

*sigh*

Xbox has a thing called Family Gold account sharing. One of my idiot friends who only plays COD pays for the Gold.

I'm a PC gamer and Nintendo guy.

What's it like to spend your whole day trolling on the internet? Do you fill fulfilled when you clock out of work? Or are you doing this from your mom's basement?

Are you upset? You seem very quick to jump to insults instead of engaging in simple conversations.

Anyway, I don't think YH is interested in taking financial advice from someone who leeches off their friend.

jakncoke

Banned
lol at where this thread went while i was gone. didnt find anything even interesting buying at ripoffspot. did have a couple laughs tho

Top Bottom