• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

I still can't believe that the mods changed the OT thread title.

It's not like Bucket's name was hurting anyone and there was any ambiguity about what the thread was about.

But the Google Overlords said it must be done and so it was, I guess.

Godslay

Banned
Pats struggle against TEs, Luke Wilson could do some damage. Have to give him the rock, work that middle of the field.

Sounds logical. Basically make the front 7 put up or shut up.

Not saying he was the reason Seahawks won, I agree it was the defense, but Percy converted some big plays and on special teams. Doubt anything on special teams happens this game for Seahawks or Pats.

Yeah, he was a wildcard for sure. Does Seattle have someone like him this year? Probably not, but they'll attack in a different way. When I look back, it makes sense they attacked with Harvin. We bottled up Lynch, so counter that heavy DL with speed and plays away from that strength.

I do agree it will be closer, but if Seattle is as on point as they were last year Pats are going to have a long day. Score might be lower and margin less, but IF Seattle plays like that Pats will lose.

jakncoke

Banned
Ann Mara passed away today. Matriarch of the Giants and wife of Wellington Mara.

I loved seeing her give Terry Bradshaw shit a few years ago for picking against us in the NFC Championship game against the Niners. She loved the Giants almost as much as her husband did when he was alive.

Sad news. :( RIP.

EDIT: NFL.com article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000466774/article/new-york-giants-coowner-ann-mara-dies-at-85

morning due to complications from a head injury suffered in a fall two weeks ago

life can be so strange and fragile

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lions considered the favourite to land Suh:

Ndamukong Suh is set to be the most highly sought-after free agent on the open market this spring, but there appears to be a realistic chance that he returns to the Detroit Lions.

The Lions are making it a high priority to re-sign their All-Pro defensive tackle, and at this point, they are considered the favorite to land his services, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Though the team's salary cap constraints will make for an issue in contract talks, re-allocating guaranteed money at least makes it possible for them to bring back one of the league's premier defensive players.

As Mortensen indicates, the Lions would make re-signing Suh the top priority even if the financial situation meant they'd be force to part with star wide receiver Calvin Johnson, but the team remains confident that they can keep both on the roster going forward.

http://www.thescore.com/news/690789

LJ11

Sounds logical. Basically make the front 7 put up or shut up.

I know Revis isn't prime Revis, but he's still pretty good, that 7 man front becomes 8 man front with him in the game. Get Seahawks into 3rd and long. You ask me, Hawks are coming out passing to start the game, get that ass lubed before you start plunging Lynch. TE TE TE as much as you can, get those LBs to take false steps.

BigAT

This post from the OT thread is...something else.

As usual, I am not watching the Seahawks game. I always tape them and watch them later only if they win, otherwise I will delete the recording. You may call me a fair weather fan but I don't have the stomach to see them play live. Not after what happened in Super Bowl 2005...

So tomorrow, as I have done many other Sundays, I will go to my office around 2 PM and shut myself out of everything. If Seattle wins or they have the game in the bag for sure, my wife is going to text me and many of my co-workers are going to email me and let me know we won. Otherwise by 8 o'clock, when nobody calls, I would know they have lost. Then I'll go home and delete every game I taped this year (well, maybe I keep the CC game, .. no I will delete that too).

#12s

harSon

Banned
Pffff, that dude's weak. The Steelers lost to the Packers in the SB on my birthday. Next year's SB is on my birthday too. Make up for it Steelers :(

ampere

#12s

I don't recognize the poster well enough to know if it's a joke

Really really odd behavior if true. Last two Pats SBs have been losses to the same team... but I wouldn't dream of skipping the next game because of it.

Lost in the commotion of last night, congrats to now-HOF Bill Polian, the man that took the Panthers from expansion team to the NFC Championship game in two years.

Too bad that was back when Brent was a gun-slingin', pill-poppin' dick (instead of the lovable grandpa in Wranglers commercials) and teams actually didn't win playoff games in Lambeau.

#12s

lol

In the words of FMT, "BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH"

(I can't do that in that thread because the OT PC police would have my ass on a silver platter)

harSon

Banned
I don't recognize the poster well enough to know if it's a joke

Really really odd behavior if true. Last two Pats SBs have been losses to the same team... but I wouldn't dream of skipping the next game because of it.

I questioned reality after losing to Tebow in the playoffs. Took a lot of counseling to bring me back.

Yeah, what the fuck is with that guy. When I watch cricket, sometimes I'll know my team is in a situation where victory is virtually impossible (the equivalent of an NFL team being down 50+ pts at HT) and know that I still have to watch the beating go on for two or three more days.

In comparison with that, being a Rams fan is a piece of cake.

No different than what Kas does, at least this guy makes an attempt to watch the games.

Yeah and Kas is constantly being ridiculed for that, amongst other things.

Where is he anyway?

BigAT

Yeah, what the fuck is with that guy. When I watch cricket, sometimes I'll know my team is in a situation where victory is virtually impossible (the equivalent of an NFL team being down 50+ pts at HT) and know that I still have to watch the beating go on for two or three more days.

In comparison with that, being a Rams fan is a piece of cake.

Yeah and Kas is constantly being ridiculed for that, amongst other things.

Where is he anyway?

Rehab.

If that guy was a Browns fan, he'd literally only watch the NFL Draft every year. (and the Browns even lost that this year because, you know, #DaBrowns)

Seriously that SB thread is a cesspool and we still have 5 1/2 hours before the game.

Tebow Christ help those people.

Godslay

Banned
I know Revis isn't prime Revis, but he's still pretty good, that 7 man front becomes 8 man front with him in the game. Get Seahawks into 3rd and long. You ask me, Hawks are coming out passing to start the game, get that ass lubed before you start plunging Lynch. TE TE TE as much as you can, get those LBs to take false steps.

I like your thought process. I'm curious to see how Carroll dials it up. Barring a bedshitting, the Seattle D should keep the Pats O relatively contained, ST are consistent for both teams, so really it just depends on the Seattle O vs. Pats D in my mind. If Russell and company are able to move the ball Pats are in trouble. If they can contain him and the O, should be a tight game.

This is obviously idealized and somewhat obvious, and it doesn't account for any turnovers or randomness. I just have that feeling that with the Seahawks, it's going to be a situation like it was last year in the Superbowl. After the Harvin return TD, I thought in my drunken stupor, that they were better than advertised. Thought it would be a better game, but my bias blinded me to the buzzsaw that was there.

Granted Belichick is better than Fox, and they will be better prepared and more healthy then the Broncos were, but Seattle's a tough team to beat no matter who you are.

Pffff, that dude's weak. The Steelers lost to the Packers in the SB on my birthday. Next year's SB is on my birthday too. Make up for it Steelers :(

Broncos lost the first 3 Superbowls I watched as a kid. Didn't want to watch the GB one, simply because I thought Elway would choke it away (sounds familiar). I watched it anyways but with trepidation. The Helicopter broke the shackles, and from there I knew they would win. Had supreme confidence in the second one. Last year, was confident we could win, but knew it wouldn't be easy.

Still to lose 4 out of the 6 you were alive for? Makes you tougher actually. Unless of course they go out like gutless bitches. Then you can be mad!

ShaneB

Home from the gym, few extra snacks bought.

Great sports day, Caps game starting now, and gotta watch the UFC card from last night, and the Super Bowl. Sports Sports Sports!

cdyhybrid

1qx3G9P.jpg

Today in Goodell's America. Just saw this flash across my twitter feed

John Kincade
‏@JohnKincade
Saw 2 NE fans buy 2 upper tix for $17,800 CASH. One guy proudly said he makes 32K a year and can't take it with him. He's 32

My mans just spent HALF his yearly paycheck on an upper deck seat at a football game.

Its about to be hella long plane ride back home with the Misses, explaining why little Jakey ain't gonna be eating for a couple of months because pops blew his money on football. Even if the Pats win.

Side note: Who the hell rolls around with 18 Gs in cash other than drug dealers and pro athletes/entertainers who don't give a fuck?

zychi

Banned
Megatron is a product of Stafford. Suh is the easy decision.

As Mortensen indicates, the Lions would make re-signing Suh the top priority, even if the financial situation meant they'd be forced to part with star wide receiver Calvin Johnson, but the team remains confident that they can keep both on the roster going forward.

Grain of salt. Needed something to say on Super Bowl Sunday.

Bread

Banned

My mans just spent HALF his yearly paycheck on an upper deck seat at a football game.

Its about to be hella long plane ride back home with the Misses, explaining why little Jakey ain't gonna be eating for a couple of months because pops blew his money on football. Even if the Pats win.

Side note: Who the hell rolls around with 18 Gs in cash other than drug dealers and pro athletes/entertainers who don't give a fuck?
Lots of people choose not to get married and have kids, this allows them to spend frivolously *pats young grova on the head*

His kid is probably named Tom, Bill, Brady, GRONK or Vince.

Ann Mara passed away today. Matriarch of the Giants and wife of Wellington Mara.

I loved seeing her give Terry Bradshaw shit a few years ago for picking against us in the NFC Championship game against the Niners. She loved the Giants almost as much as her husband did when he was alive.

Sad news. :( RIP.

EDIT: NFL.com article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000466774/article/new-york-giants-coowner-ann-mara-dies-at-85

Just like my uncle, he fell in his kitchen hit his head died few hours later, he was 90.. father had me when he was 50 and most of my uncle/aunt on my father side have died, on my mother side they all alive, crazy, if i make it to 50 probably all my uncles/aunts on my father side will dead..

jakncoke

Banned

People like this is why we had a housing crisis and have a trillion in credit card debt

Top Bottom