• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Godslay

Banned
Well that was a fun bit.

I've got a class to head off to.

I'm glad we could agree that GOAT is in the eye of the beholder.

Salty jello bitch!!!

GOAT arguments are the fucking worst.

Who gives a shit?

Otto Graham was the best because 6 championships, duh. Ignore the fact that he was only playing when slow ass white dudes stumbling through mud was considered athletic.

Welcome to the Offseason. At least we're talking about relevant football teams. We could be talking about how Johnny Manziel is an alcoholic and probably a crackhead and Mech Bayless was 100% right on him.

And we also will never have Brady-Manning arguments again. I think Tom effectively closed the book on that one.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Welcome to the Offseason. At least we're talking about relevant football teams. We could be talking about how Johnny Manziel is an alcoholic and probably a crackhead and Mech Bayless was 100% right on him.

And we also will never have Brady-Manning arguments again. I think Tom effectively closed the book on that one.

For the majority of the world it's closed, and for a lot of them it's been closed for a while.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

It was a combo effort between Manning and Brady.

Manning shitting the bed hard in last year's Super Bowl really didn't help his case.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
it's gonna be funny when Manning loses in the wildcard round next year we all know Pats and Ravens are getting the number 1 and 2 seed

As long as we can agree that Bart Starr was better than both of them!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If Gronk can stay healthy and keep his exceptional production up, he's easily the GOAT TE. But he has to do it first.

He's in his prime and he has a great qb throwing to him. I think Randy if he spent his career a patriot or with Manning or whoever else had a legitimate shot at Jerry's record. Same can be said for Tony G in terms of great TE, but Gronk is just so dominant he stands somewhat alone. That being said Kellen Winslow lookin at his stats was ridiculously dominant, but just couldn't stay on the field. That could easily become Gronk, but having a ring and already racing up the all time TD list definitely helps his case.

Not if his knee explodes tomorrow and he has to retire! But if he can stay healthy and play another ~5 years at a similar level, I have no problem with that argument. If Brady retires soon and Jimmy sucks it up that's not going to help though.

Don't worry, my friends here told me Tom is just a system QB, and not a very good one at that, so Jimmy will probably win every Super Bowl ever.

cdyhybrid

He's in his prime and he has a great qb throwing to him. I think Randy if he spent his career a patriot or with Manning or whoever else had a legitimate shot at Jerry's record. Same can be said for Tony G in terms of great TE, but Gronk is just so dominant he stands somewhat alone. That being said Kellen Winslow lookin at his stats was ridiculously dominant, but just couldn't stay on the field. That could easily become Gronk, but having a ring and already racing up the all time TD list definitely helps his case.

Agreed. You better hope Brady has Favre-like lasting power in his old age or that Jimmy turns out to be pretty good though, if you want Gronk's production to stay consistent.

Don't worry, my friends here told me Tom is just a system QB, and not a very good one at that, so Jimmy will probably win every Super Bowl ever.

He might! We'll never know until Brady is gone though.

cdyhybrid

It's like Butler ran the route better than Lockette.

It was a combination of things. Kearse, Russell and Lockette all could have done things better, and Butler was 100% sold out on that play, so he's lucky he made the right decision, but can't do anything but give him props for making the correct split second decision and making the play.

Next discussion:

Is Revis the GOAT cb?

No. Well, not yet anyway. It's in play though.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Agreed. You better hope Brady has Favre-like lasting power in his old age or that Jimmy turns out to be pretty good though, if you want Gronk's production to stay consistent.

He might! We'll never know until Brady is gone though.

Brady is so far playing better than Favre was into his late 30s, with the exception of his one magic season in Minnesota he's nowhere near Brady level of staying power. I'm hoping though, anything can happen which is why it's been even harder watching the pats get so close the past few years, but ultimately fall short, knowing that window is closing. I'm loving it while I can, and I will always look back fondly like I'm sure Elway and Montana fans do :).

Sports pressure/fandom is relevant. A loss like this is certainly tough for hawks fans, but they are so young, especially their major players across the board. It goes deeper than age though. it hurts the Celts lost to the lakers in the rematch with the recent big 3, but ultimately I think Paul Pierce getting his 1 ring is great. It was great to see it, but I wouldn't have been devastated if he didn't get one, he's not one of the GOAT. he was a great celtic and he brought some good years to the celts. The last few years of patriots fandom was a combination of tough things. The window closing, 18-1, getting there again to make up for it, but still falling short, the torn ACL, the playoff losses, etc. It will be different next time around, unless Jimmy G turns out to be Tom's Steve Young, which obviously he will.

cdyhybrid

No offense, but you do know why the trophy is called the Lombardi, right?

also, the Gronk talk is almost as premature as the HoFinley talk!

I can respect the argument for Lombardi for sure. I think that just comes down to whether you think relevance to/influence on the current era is something to consider.

Fox318

7mbY69Y.gif

No offense, but you do know why the trophy is called the Lombardi, right?

also, the Gronk talk is almost as premature as the HoFinley talk!

Oh there they go.There they go.

Packs fans are about to tell us about the 89 high school championships they won before black people were introduced to Wisconsin.

Top Bottom