• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

The Ping Pong The Animation OST

1xnqx1V.gif

Hero Theme

TCJXYUG.gif

Godslay

Banned
So quiet in here. My fivehead is tingling somebody must be talking about Peyton somewhere.

Speaking of Peyton, I say he comes back for one more year.

Who do the Broncos have at backup?

A horse with no name. He'll lead us through the desert.

Respect

Hightower was great all year. I've got a sinking feeling that Mayo will be the next great Patriot that gets shown the door.

He has unfortunately become fragile...two years in a row a season ending injury early in the year, he can't come back and take up the cap space he occupies on his current contract. They have to get back McCourty and Revis back.

jbug617

Banned
I know I said no more SB talk in here, but with all the focus on the 2nd and 1 playcall, the play before has been incredibly overlooked.

hightower1.gif

That's a 1 arm tackle on the hardest to bring down RB in the league to save the Super Bowl from Hightower.

I seriously started crying when I saw the replay of that last night. Best defensive move of the entire game...besides the next one. No one will ever remember this.

Hightower's never going to get the credit he deserves for shedding the Okung block and taking down Lynch.

Just chucks Okung like nothing. It was insane. Have to give credit to Ayers on the back end making sure that he didn't get the score by falling on him.

That was a pretty great tackle. I remember being like "oh let them score so you can have time on offense!"

...shows what I know. XD

This video has a great angle of the play. Hightower barely got Lynch
http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/0ap3000000468053/In-Depth-Game-changing-interception

Respect

I was too busy screaming "let him score, call a timeout" to appreciate it at the time...glad I am not making the calls.

So John Wick was pretty great. Outside of that lazy throwaway ending that is.

Yeah, ending was lame, but everything else was so damn good it is easy to overlook.

Godslay

Banned
Look on the bright side, at least your not stuck in Jacksonville

For as much grief as I have given the gata, he's been a friend and taken it in stride. I'll give him a hard time, but there isn't any ill will there.

If deflate gate comes back clean, we can celebrate Brady and Peyton both having a SB win. Plus I actually don't mind Seattle fans getting knocked down a peg. 43-8 was embarrassing, but that pass was the dumbest play in SB history.

Anyways, I'm off to bed.

Trey

the same people blowing dude for that tackle would be the same people chastising the Patriots for letting the Seahawks burn 40 seconds off the clock and/or make the Patriots waste a timeout.

In a vacuum is that a great tackle, and in this world where that super unlikely INT occurs is that a great tackle, but at the time the Patriots were better off if Lynch scored there.

Godslay

Banned
He was annoying before last Sunday sure it's 1000x worse now. Life long by definition

Its the offseason for me. I'm taking it easy from here until the season starts back up.

Personally I feel like I need to restore the non heel Godslay of old. Life was simpler.

TheContact

I love how there's barely any talk about the Falcons pumping fake crowd noise into the stadium which they admitted to doing but the deflagate which wasn't even proven and very likely isn't an Intentional act got an insane amount of press coverage

Konka

Banned
I love how there's barely any talk about the Falcons pumping fake crowd noise into the stadium which they admitted to doing but the deflagate which wasn't even proven and very likely isn't an Intentional act got an insane amount of press coverage

Cause it obviously has done jack shit for them.

the same people blowing dude for that tackle would be the same people chastising the Patriots for letting the Seahawks burn 40 seconds off the clock and/or make the Patriots waste a timeout.

In a vacuum is that a great tackle, and in this world where that super unlikely INT occurs is that a great tackle, but at the time the Patriots were better off if Lynch scored there.

But that's 100% on Belichick if he never told the D to let them score.

You can't blame Hightower for making that football play when apparently the coach still wanted them to play defense.

http://youtu.be/2-fmyhhsEGw

Bledsoe on Dan Patrick! Buries that scrub Tom!

Oooh man, Bledsoe with that ether.

"You know the game the other day...there weren't a bunch of, you know, mind-blowing throws, it was mostly stuff that was close to the line of scrimmage, umm, and there were even, um, one particularly poor throw."

And he put Peyton and Elway at the top of his QB list. You are a good person for celebrating this man, Sanjuro. You have my blessing.

Sanjuro

Oooh man, Bledsoe with that ether.

"You know the game the other day...there weren't a bunch of, you know, mind-blowing throws, it was mostly stuff that was close to the line of scrimmage, umm, and there were even, um, one particularly poor throw."

And he put Peyton and Elway at the top of his QB list. You are a good person for celebrating this man, Sanjuro. You have my blessing.

Bledsoe is in that same category as Elway to a degree. He played with trash his whole career at the wideout. Terry Glenn was his best receiver, and she was always hurt.

Respect

Bledsoe is in that same category as Elway to a degree. He played with trash his whole career at the wideout. Terry Glenn was his best receiver, and she was always hurt.

6a00e54f7fc4c588330191048b21f8970c-pi

Funny that Glenn followed him to Dallas when he went there, he being the catalyst for why he ditched NE in the first place...I miss Parcells and the disdain he publicly showed for his receivers.
"The receiver"

When you have some one on ignore can't you see when other people quote the person? Or no

You can see when they are quoted even when they are on the ignore list.

eznark

Banned
So deflategate is bullshit either way, because it didn't do jack shit in the first half, since in the second half with normal balls they played a lot better.

Cool

This is what makes it all the more hilarious and pathetic. Cheating just for the sake of cheating.

It's pathological at this point with New England.

Top Bottom