• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Jarnet87

Welcome to the club Baltimore. For a good chunk of the game Joe Flacco was playing like Joe Cool, and then I don't know what the hell happened.

That moment when you realize the season is over and depression sinks in

sadcam2.0.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I wanted to post a few words about Dick LeBeau. He was ousted from the Steelers yesterday. The man is a hall of fame player and coach. He invented the zone blitz and lead a defense that was all world for many, many years. While I think he was hamstrung by some of the personnel that he had the last few years, the Steelers defensive failings are at least partially his fault. Couple that with the fact he is 77 and most of the stalwarts of his incredible defense are gone or are going now, I'm ok with getting a new dc in Pittsburgh. Let a new guy mold the young talent as he sees fit. LeBeau never felt comfortable playing young, inexperienced guys, but that's what needs to happen now.

As for who takes over, LB coach Keith Butler has long been the dc in waiting. That would be the smoothest transition, as he's already familiar with the scheme and personnel. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers brought in someone new to mix things up. If Butler is too close to LeBeau, then it wouldn't represent much of a change.

RBH

The Falcons were Rex Ryan's preferred destination, according to source, in part because of Atlanta's proximity to Clemson, where Ryan's son is a student-athlete.

Ryan had an extended interview with the Falcons on Tuesday. During the interview, a source said, owner Arthur Blank found out his mother had died. Blank put all business on hold, meaning scheduled interviews with Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin and Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles were pushed back to Friday and Saturday, respectively. There have been reports about Ryan not liking how the Falcons were dragging their feet. But Blank has every right to move at his own pace, particularly while dealing with a family tragedy.

Where the Falcons' search goes from here remains a mystery. The Falcons already interviewed Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase, former Bills coach Doug Marrone and internal candidate Keith Armstrong, along with Austin and Bowles. Blank would have to wait until Quinn, McDaniels and Gase get knocked out of the playoffs or until after the Super Bowl for second interviews with those three. But if a guy such as Bowles or Austin aced the interview, it might be wise to make a move before another team does.

Quinn is thought to be near the top of the Falcons' list, but he's been touted as the favorite to land the Jets job. McDaniels would be the ideal hire for general manager Thomas Dimitroff, based on their previous relationship working together with the Patriots.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...earch-to-continue-without-rex-ryan-in-the-mix

@NBCdianna
The Raiders head coaching search is officially between Jack Del Rio & Tony Sparano per sources. Told final decision is close #Raiders

Top Bottom