• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't assume anything in any article as more than speculation, but there is at least some logic to it that I've thought myself. I don't think we're at a point that we just draft a late rounder for the sake of it.

If they see something in a guy, they'll do it, but that's the only way they're dropping one of the other guys. Most likely just practice squad the rookie and keep Flynn + Tolzien available on game day again.
Wonder if they'll healthy scratch the 3rd QB on opening week, assuming Rodgers enters the season healthy....or if they'll stick to the plan from the final few weeks.

You don't know me.

If Ted Thompson is our GM for the forseeable future, he's gonna draft a QB in the first round when Rodgers hits his late 30s. TT's crowning achievement has been knowing when to move on from your old QB.

eznark

Banned
I don't assume anything in any article as more than speculation, but there is at least some logic to it that I've thought myself. I don't think we're at a point that we just draft a late rounder for the sake of it.

If they see something in a guy, they'll do it, but that's the only way they're dropping one of the other guys. Most likely just practice squad the rookie and keep Flynn + Tolzien available on game day again.
Wonder if they'll healthy scratch the 3rd QB on opening week, assuming Rodgers enters the season healthy....or if they'll stick to the plan from the final few weeks.

You don't know me.

I just mean he doesn't know what he is talking about in terms of what those two QB's contribute. He also seems to think Flynn is 50 years old.

brentech

If Ted Thompson is our GM for the forseeable future, he's gonna draft a QB in the first round when Rodgers hits his late 30s. TT's crowning achievement has been knowing when to move on from your old QB.

At this point I'd be happy if his next achievement was drafting successful defensive lineman

brentech

It's good to want things.

:(

Hopefully Mike Daniels keeps working. He was great this year. Just crashing down on lineman.

Datone Jones needs to show up more often in his 3rd season. I hold out this naive hope and maybe think he's better than others do?
M. Daniels is the guy crashing the line and holding his blocks which is far more important, but it seems like if it's coming from the line, it's Jones that is breaking through the hole Daniels creates to make a play or force the QB or RB into someone else.

Really just want a truly effective big man that Raji was supposed to be.

jakncoke

Banned
B9iJdLfIEAAclyS.jpg

snesfreak

eznark

Banned
Hopefully Mike Daniels keeps working. He was great this year. Just crashing down on lineman.

Datone Jones needs to show up more often in his 3rd season. I hold out this naive hope and maybe think he's better than others do?
M. Daniels is the guy crashing the line and holding his blocks which is far more important, but it seems like if it's coming from the line, it's Jones that is breaking through the hole Daniels creates to make a play or force the QB or RB into someone else.

Really just want a truly effective big man that Raji was supposed to be.

Leonard Williams entering the draft is great, obviously he won't fall to GB but it does push other talent down towards them. A guy like Malcolm Brown is more likely to be available now.

Colasante

I'm very conflicted about the possibility of Percy Harvin joining with the Patriots. He'll probably be out of their price range, so it's likely a moot point anyway, but part of me would love to see it and part of me knows it would be a disaster. He's selfish, troublesome, and injury-prone, but I feel like we still haven't seen the best that he has to offer and he'd make for a big upgrade on Brian Tyms or Aaron Dobson as the 4th receiver, and Belichick has always loved him as a player.

Tabris

I'm very conflicted about the possibility of Percy Harvin joining with the Patriots. He'll probably be out of their price range, so it's likely a moot point anyway, but part of me would love to see it and part of me knows it would be a disaster. He's selfish, troublesome, and injury-prone, but I feel like we still haven't seen the best that he has to offer and he'd make for a big upgrade on Brian Tyms or Aaron Dobson as the 4th receiver, and Belichick has always loved him as a player.

Percy Harvin can set up the stand and make sure the lens is focused.

So Lucy was only 6 years old. Sweet dog, very quiet and very good with our kids. The vet doesn't know what caused it obviously but she's been sluggish the past few days off and on. We thought she maybe had a stomach ache because after she moved her bowels she got back to normal. Today, unfortunately she fell over while she was being taken for a walk and refused to get up. It seemed like the lower half of her body was paralyzed as she could barely move her hind legs.

Unfortunately two hours later she feel asleep and didn't wake up. Right as we were getting ready to take her to the vet. My wife noticed she wasn't breathing. She convulsed for a few minutes and that was that.

I'll be honest, I'm not an animal person. I never really had a deep emotional connection with the Lucy but I always petted her and liked having her around the kids. So for me, its obviously sad not as affecting as it might be to others who can form that type of bond with a pet (I sometimes envy those that can). My wife and my 9 year old, however adored that dog and they are devastated. That's really the hardest part for me right now is seeing them crying.

It's been a shitty week to say the least.:(

JNA

Banned
So Lucy was only 6 years old. Sweet dog, very quiet and very good with our kids. The vet doesn't know what caused it obviously but she's been sluggish the past few days off and on. We thought she maybe had a stomach ache because after she moved her bowels she got back to normal. Today, unfortunately she fell over while she was being taken for a walk and refused to get up. It seemed like the lower half of her body was paralyzed as she could barely move her hind legs.

Unfortunately two hours later she feel asleep and didn't wake up. Right as we were getting ready to take her to the vet. My wife noticed she wasn't breathing. She convulsed for a few minutes and that was that.

I'll be honest, I'm not an animal person. I never really had a deep emotional connection with the Lucy but I always petted her and liked having her around the kids. So for me, its obviously sad not as affecting as it might be to others who can form that type of bond with a pet (I sometimes envy those that can). My wife and my 9 year old, however adored that dog and they are devastated. That's really the hardest part for me right now is seeing them crying.

I'm not sure what to say other than telling the kids to remember the great times with Lucy. :(

zychi

Banned
Percy Harvin can set up the stand and make sure the lens is focused.

Better than chop blocking and taking out guys knees.

or this:

“They want to play the Spygate card? Ok great. You want to go back seven years for this? Fantastic. Al Davis [former Oakland Raiders owner] went to his grave saying that the Broncos stole two Super Bowls by having a salary cap violation, for which they lost $1 million in fines and a draft pick. Davis said their owner should be suspended. Their owner has two Super Bowls because they cheated, which is much worse than pointing a camera at a sideline in my opinion.”

Or Von Miller trying to cheat a drug test with the urinc collector, and now there are new protocols to how they collect urine.

Or Schlereth admitting to greasing up his jersey and putting sticky substances on his gloves to hold better.

Can even go back to the 60s when the Broncos hid microphones in the Chargers locker room before two games.

Dont forget known roider Romanowski

How quickly Broncos fans forget.

Didn't even make it to the vet. The dog passed away.:(

Sorry to hear that man. If it's any comfort at least she went quick. My Golden Retriever lingered and held on for 3 days when he passed.

Sounds like she may have been diabetic and went into ketoacidosis.

cdyhybrid

Sorry man. I know the feeling. It's going to suck for a bit, but time heals all wounds, as they say.
Along with a new puppy after they're ready to move on

What deep threat did Brady have that he couldn't get the ball to?
Are you really going to try and argue that Brady can still throw a deep ball with any kind of consistent accuracy and decent velocity?

The Patriots recreated their offense around what Brady currently is, a master of the dink-and-dunk. He has great footwork in the pocket, solid short to mid-range accuracy, and a quick release so it worked well for them, but his ability to throw a good deep ball is shot.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ
#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said GM Ray Farmer has told people in building he made mistake by sending texts that have prompted #NFL probe.

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ
#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said GM Ray Farmer's standing with team won't be affected by texting probe. Said Ray feels terrible about mistake

Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot
#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said he fully supports Farmer and that he's sticking by him despite the fact he sent the improper texts.

Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot
#Browns Haslam on Farmer after the texts: "It does not affect his standing with the Browns.'' Full report soon on cleveland.com

I'm all out of feels guys. Usually I feel terrible but I'm just used to this shit now.

JaMarco

Are you really going to try and argue that Brady can still throw a deep ball with any kind of consistent accuracy and decent velocity?
I don't know how you can even tell that when he's had no deep WRs to throw to lately. He looks fine to me throwing down the field to Gronk. Basically I just don't buy he can't throw the ball to a real burner, what's the proof he can't?

Top Bottom