• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

I feel like cutting Peyton Manning is crazy. I think you make the playoffs with him next season no matter what.

Past next year? Ehhh....

I think you need a solid season showing significant regression from Manning before you move on.

Are the Broncos in it to make the playoffs or win the Super Bowl?

The book has been written on Peyton Manning. He cannot win when it counts. Had to be carried to his only title.

Broncos can let go Manning anytime he signed a 5 year 95 million non guaranteed type contract.

@TomPelissero
Peyton Manning's $19M base salary for 2015 becomes fully guaranteed if he's on the roster the last day of the league year in March.

Dude gets $19 mil if he doesn't make a decision and the team doesn't force his hand. And they still have to consider paying Welker, Thomas, etc. They don't have time.

@TomPelissero
Peyton Manning's $19M base salary for 2015 becomes fully guaranteed if he's on the roster the last day of the league year in March.

Dude gets $19 mil if he doesn't make a decision and the team doesn't force his hand. And they still have to consider paying Welker, Thomas, etc. They don't have time.

Denver didn't have any intention of bringing back Welker. Thomas will have to be paid

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Are the Broncos in it to make the playoffs or win the Super Bowl?

The book has been written on Peyton Manning. He cannot win when it counts. Had to be carried to his only title.

I'm not sure if going back to quarterback purgatory is the solution either.

I think the idea is to win a Super Bowl and the only way you do that is get to the playoffs and hope to get hot at the right time.

I dunno, I'm sure we'll revisit this argument at least 20...maybe 30 times all through the offseason.

Who wouldn't you let sit on your face
A good percent of the girls you post.
Left my self some wiggle room ;)
white-kid-dance-club.gif

I think the idea is to win a Super Bowl and the only way you do that is get to the playoffs and hope to get hot at the right time.

I dunno, I'm sure we'll revisit this argument at least 20...maybe 30 times all through the offseason.

Unless the Broncos cut Peyton or he retires.

As I said earlier, on top of him being a choker his arm is fucked. I doubt you can even rely on regular season Manning at this point.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cutting Manning makes no sense.

If anything else he's a trade chip for Desperate GMs who could keep their job by getting into the playoffs.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Cutting Manning makes no sense.

If anything else he's a trade chip for Desperate GMs who could keep their job by getting into the playoffs.

I can't imagine a scenario where Peyton honestly starts with a new team. I think it's Broncos or bust at this point because then it would be a process of starting all the way back over with new coaches in a new city, etc.

They don't pay Thomas because Peyton fucks around, and they don't even make it further than this again next year. Add in inevitable injuries and all the talent that's going to be gone and Gase and maybe Fox gone and I have no clue how anybody thinks we haven't already seen the most competitive Peyton Broncos team there can get.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can't imagine a scenario where Peyton honestly starts with a new team. I think it's Broncos or bust at this point because then it would be a process of starting all the way back over with new coaches in a new city, etc.

If he takes that check after March begins then he has no choice if they trade him.

DarkFlow

Banned

I could see Arizona taking him.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
He could retire out of spite. Didn't Plummer do that?

Yeah let's be real. Nobody is going to bother to trade for Manning if Manning doesn't actually want to play for that team. There's literally no chance Manning plays for a football team he has no interest playing for to begin with.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Plus if you believe the weather narrative he'd do fine there.

I think he might have one more go left in him and team construction wise the best bet is still Denver. What sort of dead money would they have if they cut Welker?

Yeah let's be real. Nobody is going to bother to trade for Manning if Manning doesn't actually want to play for that team. There's literally no chance Manning plays for a football team he has no interest playing for to begin with.
| wouldn't say no chance while the Raiders are still in the league. I'd never put anything past that franchise.

But if Fox is fired and/or Gase gets a HC job, then Denver has the same scenario. Honestly I think his decision depends a lot on what Elway does next with the coaches.

I doubt he goes to Buffalo. Dude needs a warm weather team or a dome. Would be hilarious if he went to Houston.

Edit: I contend he should have gone to SF instead of Denver when given the opportunity.

Jarnet87

Denver didn't have any intention of bringing back Welker. Thomas will have to be paid

Julius Thomas is a fraud. Denver should let him walk, he'll fade away at some bottom tier club that decides to pay him mega money. They could just draft Nick O'Leary, he's Dallas Clark reincarnate.

Plus if you believe the weather narrative he'd do fine there.

I think he might have one more go left in him and team construction wise the best bet is still Denver. What sort of dead money would they have if they cut Welker?

Welker's contract is up, they'd be insane to bring him back (Which is why I think they drafted Latimer)

Julius Thomas is a fraud. Denver should let him walk, he'll fade away at some bottom tier club that decides to pay him mega money. They could just draft Nick O'Leary, he's Dallas Clark reincarnate.

Julius Thomas's market value has reduced significantly, he has ankle problems and such. I think they can sign him for a bargain now, but I don't even know. These dudes seem soft, they need tough receivers. Sanders is the only one that has heart, even when he misses catches. DT is alright when he doesn't drop passes. Goodbye Wes, he lost a step clearly.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
l9ww8-ruler-of-internets-6.jpg

Sup peasants?

I've been out drinking all day watching football at a bar. Please direct me to any worthwhile meltdowns.

Fox318

Jets go to back to back AFC champ games.

4 years later

Their Coach is on the Bills
Their best player is on the pats
Their GM now runs the Fish
And Sanchez was so immature and didn't take the job seriously that he will be out of the league

The Jets everyone

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So Quarterback by Committee is the ultimate sign of a bad team.

and rule in this thread is determined by who has the worst team.

so it makes sense that this thread should have two captains.

Jarnet87

So Quarterback by Committee is the ultimate sign of a bad team.

and rule in this thread is determined by who has the worst team.

so it makes sense that this thread should have two captains.

then Bucs fans are king of the castle. We did it guys, we are the best at something.

Top Bottom