• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Fox318

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 42s43 seconds ago

With Manning's future in doubt guess it's as good a time as any to pass along I'm told the team he really wanted to go to in '12 was HOU...

Best part is they told him no, we've got Schoob.

He should have come to the jets at that time. They had a legit defense and deep threat WRs.

But no that would mean he would be close to his brother...

Slo

Why is it cold in here?

Whaddya mean?

icecream.0.0.gif

Bowser

The 2015 NFL cap is projected at $141.8m. Panthers have ~$129.5m committed so far. Add ~$4m for draft picks, and that leaves you with $8.3m in cap space for free agents.

Gettleman could:

Cut DeAngelo (Post-June 1) = $2m cap savings
Restructure CJ (convert $8.88m of base into bonus) = $4.44m cap savings
Restructure TD (convert $6.28m of base into bonus) = $4.71m cap savings

That adds $11.15m to the existing $8.3m for a total of ~$19.5m cap space in 2015 for free agents.

Chuck and TD are easy candidates for restructures. 2015 is the only "absurd" year accounting wise for TD. His cap hits:

2015: $9.9m
2016: $2.0m
2017: $2.0m
2018: $2.0m

Converting $6.28m of his 2015 base of $7.25m and spreading it out over four years only adds $1.57m to his cap hits in 2016-2018 while freeing up $4.71m in cap space for 2015 (as opposed to $4.5m of cap savings in 2015 for an outright release and needing to find a top 5 caliber OLB in the draft/FA).

No brainer IMO.

I wish my team was still playing ;_;

Jarnet87

Scam got that 15 million salary/cap hit on the panthers this coming year got dam. They gonna have to sign him to mega money, lawls.

lol that is some New York Knickerbockers Alan Houston type of stuff right there.

Don't get me wrong, while Romo's total passing yards were somewhat pedestrian this year he had a career high season QBR.

If he was 28 or even 30 it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but he turns 35 in April.

Hard to decide in the DM-Kave debate.

On the one hand, DM's team has the number one pick, no clear plan, Lovie McCown (freudian slip?) at QB, and one of two teams ever to have a winless season.

But DM's won a SB.

Kave's team hasn't won a championship since dinosaurs roamed the earth, goes through QBs like Tony Romo goes through blondes, and he also roots for the Maple Leafs and is Canadian.

As independent arbitrator, I've got to award the title of Best Loser to kave_man

Top Bottom