• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Bowser

Yeah I'm surprised JDR gets so much hate. He did well with the Jags, they've been a dumpster fire since he was let go. I think he could bring some respectability back to Oakland. Certainly a better hire than Dennis Allen or Lane Kiffin.

Still think Hue got jobbed when he was fired, think he could have built something real there.

MRSA

Banned
Reggie gets shit from me because of his FA handling. Veldheer especially. Granted I agree he's a RT, but i woulda still paid him. Watson has proven nothing.

DMczaf

yo I was looking at some new movie trailer and

http://i.imgur.com/cZoox3C.gif

brehs....brehs....

tumblr_nhvqjq10kv1ti2dqho2_250.gif

Lol Chris Hansen pretending to be an insider on twitter is hilarious. Guy is turning into a total clown.

Reggie gets shit from me because of his FA handling. Veldheer especially. Granted I agree he's a RT, but i woulda still paid him. Watson has proven nothing.

I suppose he could have franchised him, but the dude simply didn't want to be here like every other FA. Not sure what purpose one more forced year would have done. Penn filled in great and is a good stop-gap for another couple more years.

Watson flashed this year and is going into his 3rd season. He came out raw, knew it would take a couple seasons. He'll be fine. Probably start at RT for another year and then switch to LT.

Bowser

Adam Gase has agreed to become the 49ers new head coach per PFT.

Jack Del Rio will be named Raiders HC today as well per Mortensen.

BigAT

All the pieces finally falling into place. Meanwhile the Falcons are standing around holding their dick in their hand.

Is Gase a good thing? Everyone here locally comments that once pey pey got hurt that offense turned to shit real quick

Is he not just riding on the success of having an automatic 10 win QB?

TheFatOne

What's the word on Doug Marrone? Seems like NFL teams are staying away from him, and all the coaching vacancies are starting to fill up. Seems like he made a mistake leaving Buffalo.

gutshot

Is McCourty going to resign with the Pats or will they let him test the market? If the latter, I'd like to see the Eagles make a play for him. He would be a huge upgrade over Nate Allen.

MechDX

What's the word on Doug Marrone? Seems like NFL teams are staying away from him, and all the coaching vacancies are starting to fill up. Seems like he made a mistake leaving Buffalo.

Just interviewed with Chicago. If he doesn't get a job he will be a consultant with the Texans

tmdorsey

I'm away for work for two weeks so I am replaying Fire Emblem, and damn did I forget how good this game is.

Yes, yes it is good. I need to hear about that SMTxFE game now.

It's essentially between Quinn and Austin.
I still can't help but feel like the Falcons front office sat on their hands just a biiiiit too long...

I say if we don't get those 2 then fuck it just give Keith Armstrong the job. Hell he might need to be the choice regardless.

If we end up choosing McDaniels, I'm unleashing Gata on Flowery Branch.

TheFatOne

Is McCourty going to resign with the Pats or will they let him test the market? If the latter, I'd like to see the Eagles make a play for him. He would be a huge upgrade over Nate Allen.

Pats are going to either sign him to a long term deal or franchis tag him then sign him to a long term deal. Pats aren't letting him go, and they will have enough space to sign Revis and McCourty.
Just interviewed with Chicago. If he doesn't get a job he will be a consultant with the Texans

Ahh. Seemed like he had the Jets job on lock until he fucked up the interview.
Stay away, the Giants are getting him.

LOL Pats aren't letting him go.

PFT backtracked 10 min later lol. Fuck I want Gase bad at this point. I'm hyped.

If the Niners are going with an offensive side head coach, I kinda want them to take a long hard look and wait to re-interview Josh McDaniels. I know...he flamed out in Denver/alienated Cutler/had a big hand in drafting Tebow, but he's done a bang up job retooling the pats offense to emphasize TE's in the passing game since then.

That and coaches like Carroll and Belichick had pretty subpar tenures in their first HC positions.

Bowser

If the Niners are going with an offensive side head coach, I kinda want them to take a long hard look and wait to re-interview Josh McDaniels. I know...he flamed out in Denver/alienated Cutler/had a big hand in drafting Tebow, but he's done a bang up job retooling the pats offense to emphasize TE's in the passing game since then.

That and coaches like Carroll and Belichick had pretty subpar tenures in their first HC positions.

My problem with guys like Gase and McDaniels is how do you separate their coaching acumen from their HoF QBs' talents? And particularly with Gase, not only did he have a HoF QB, but a cadre of elite receiving threats in Demaryius, Julius, and Welker pre-concussions (and even Decker - maybe not elite, but any WR that put up a 200-yd game with Geno Fucking Smith as his QB has to have some modicum of talent).

Bread

Banned

The Pats had been emphasizing TEs the in passing games for 2 years before he came back to new england. That's all Belichick.

JCizzle

My problem with guys like Gase and McDaniels is how do you separate their coaching acumen from their HoF QBs' talents? And particularly with Gase, not only did he have a HoF QB, but a cadre of elite receiving threats in Demaryius, Julius, and Welker pre-concussions (and even Decker - maybe not elite, but any WR that put up a 200-yd game with Geno Fucking Smith as his QB has to have some modicum of talent).

The recent si article featuring martz breaking down film of Gase sold me 100% in addition to working for Saban for 7 years who is notoriously tough to work for.

Del Rio recruiting Trestman pretty hard to be his OC. Gotta think Trestman prefers Carr to JFF, right?

I honestly think Flip is a better coach for JFF. He's younger, and did a pretty good job with Pryor, McG and of course Carr, totally reowrked his mechanics and footwork.

Yeah, especially since Manning is his own OC essentially. We all know Manning calls his own plays. I wouldn't be surprised if he designs them too. Actually now that I think about it...Niners should hire a stop gap coach and make a huge pitch to lure Pey pey into a HC position when he retires. He's got what? 1 more season left in him max?

Del Rio recruiting Trestman pretty hard to be his OC. Gotta think Trestman prefers Carr to JFF, right?

I honestly think Flip is a better coach for JFF. He's younger, and did a pretty good job with Pryor, McG and of course Carr, totally reowrked his mechanics and footwork.

Trestman would be pretty awesome as an OC

MRSA

Banned
Del Rio as HC, Trestman as OC, Mike Smith as DC.

I'm good with that, I'm assuming Mike Tice is looking for a new job, he's worked with both Del Rio and Mike Smith. I'd bring him in as line coach.

Top Bottom