• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Did he ever come out and say that? I mean he's been 3-4 since the 80s and a bunch teams ran that style back then. Honestly, 3-4 vs 4-3 don't matter, you reduce an end in a 3-4 and you have a 4-3. No one stays in the same alignment week in week out, you have 2 gap 3-4 and 1 gap 3-4s, you have one gap 4-3 and 4-3 that also two gap. I'm not really sure what a 4-3 player is vs a 3-4 player. These are antiquated notions if you ask me. To me, Bill has been multiple, he does what it takes to win.

Isn't the Seahawks current base some sort of 4-3 under with 3-4 concepts mixed in?

One guy I'm curious to why he hasn't gotten more attention as a future NFL coordinator is Jeff Casteel. His 3-3-5 at WVU and now Arizona is supposedly a big difference in why Rich Rod has succeeded vs failed at different stops and its supposedly very good at stopping modern spread offenses.

Then again by FEI Arizona finished 27th in the nation in defensive efficiency good for 6th best in their conference.

I think a year or so ago Seattle was running similar with their "bandit" package where they had 3 safeties on the field. Dunno if they still use that.

Truthful, but it's the sort of thing the New York will probably blow up into something huge when really it's not.
Also admitted that Kam Chancellor is someone that they were split on from a scouting perspective. Some in the room were higher on him than others.

I don't think I can remember the last time Reese was that open with is assessment of players, etc. I liked it!

LJ11

Isn't the Seahawks current base some sort of 4-3 under with 3-4 concepts mixed in?

One guy I'm curious to why he hasn't gotten more attention as a future NFL coordinator is Jeff Casteel. His 3-3-5 at WVU and now Arizona is supposedly a big difference in why Rich Rod has succeeded vs failed at different stops and its supposedly very good at stopping modern spread offenses.

Then again by FEI Arizona finished 27th in the nation in defensive efficiency good for 6th best in their conference.

I think a year or so ago Seattle was running similar with their "bandit" package where they had 3 safeties on the field. Dunno if they still use that.
Absolutely, the Seahawks 2 gap their 5 tech a lot from what I've read, Red Bryant was the guy more often than not.

Bacon

Also admitted that Kam Chancellor is someone that they were split on from a scouting perspective. Some in the room were higher on him than others.

I don't think I can remember the last time Reese was that open with is assessment of players, etc. I liked it!

He also said that he thought the Bradshaw non fumble in the 2011 championship game was a clear fumble in his eyes. Very candid interview.

Mrbob

Dennis Allen interviewing for Niners DC job?

Wow, crazy (and kinda sad) if true.

So the Niners are going to hire a DC before a head coach? Must have a back door deal done. Did Gase get hired?

Though the recent rumor was Allen and Shanahan were coming to Chicago with John Fox.

People are laughing at the Jaguars, but they are not far away from being a playoff team.
All they need is HB, TE, LT, LG, RT, MLB, OLB, CB and a FS.

4-3 under, cover 3. With a lot of nickel.

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 1m 1 minute ago

This from @MrKnighton2u on Jack Del Rio a week ago: "He a genius ... he knows what's coming so we know what's coming.''

Might as well make it official that the Raiders will be serving Pot Roast with Jelly, and a side of Mack n' Moore next season.

Yeah, pretty sure Ray Lewis has more football knowledge in his thumb than you and I do in our entire bodies combined. Can't take ya seriously with such a bold and silly claim.

Doesn't make him qualified to be a NFL analyst. And Oakland didn't do too bad the next season...not counting that SB loss of course!

Coughlin sort of opened the door for Pugh to move inside.

"He's a right tackle until something better comes along"

Says they need help on the offensive line for sure. Echoing Mara and Reese.

Draxal

Coughlin sort of opened the door for Pugh to move inside.

"He's a right tackle until something better comes along"

Says they need help on the offensive line for sure. Echoing Mara and Reese.

Pretty much what Flaherty said 3 months ago.

Pretty much everybody thought Martin was a super version of Pugh, and look how Martin's doing at guard now.

Furyous

The part about their war room and Kam Chancellor was really interesting.

What part about Kam Chancellor and their war room?

By the way, I'm pissed the Cards lost our DC.

What are your (everyone in this thread's) predictions on how the rest of the coaching vacancies pan out?

pulled this from that Ray Lewis thread:
O6Fzu0p.png

I like how the Titans and Rams are back to back on this chart for 03 and 04 respectively, and yet Jeff Fisher's seat is never even warm. And Marvin Lewis constantly gets shit on and calls to be fired.

MRSA

Banned
So who else should the Raiders poach?

Reggie will need another vet CB, Turdell Brown wasn't so bad towards the end of the season, maybe if he comes back for cheap.

Desperately need a MLB, who's available?

jmdajr

pulled this from that Ray Lewis thread:
O6Fzu0p.png

I like how the Titans and Rams are back to back on this chart for 03 and 04 respectively, and yet Jeff Fisher's seat is never even warm. And Marvin Lewis constantly gets shit on and calls to be fired.

Texans did their part helping Bengals set records!

Top Bottom