• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Sounds like

Fox to Bears
Quinn to Falcons
Gase to Niners, tho sounds like Elway is making a last minute push.

McDaniels to Broncos again? Broncos could be odd man out.

pulled this from that Ray Lewis thread:
O6Fzu0p.png

I like how the Titans and Rams are back to back on this chart for 03 and 04 respectively, and yet Jeff Fisher's seat is never even warm. And Marvin Lewis constantly gets shit on and calls to be fired.

Hey you can't pick your owner.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So who else should the Raiders poach?

Reggie will need another vet CB, Turdell Brown wasn't so bad towards the end of the season, maybe if he comes back for cheap.

Desperately need a MLB, who's available?

Steelers will trade you Vince Williams for a 4th. Deal?

Pretty much what Flaherty said 3 months ago.

Pretty much everybody thought Martin was a super version of Pugh, and look how Martin's doing at guard now.
I don't think he was brought to play guard though, they liked the flexibility but were looking to draft a tackle. Pugh had an up and down year at tackle and I frankly don't care. If we use the 9th pick on a mauling right tackle and move him inside and he plays his ass off - great! If we keep him at RT and he plays his ass off - great!

Draxal

I don't think he was brought to play guard though, they liked the flexibility but were looking to draft a tackle. Pugh had an up and down year at tackle and I frankly don't care. If we use the 9th pick on a mauling right tackle and move him inside and he plays his ass off - great! If we keep him at RT and he plays his ass off - great!

Exactly, and I'm not sure how long they see Beatty being a fixture at LT as well (not sure when it becomes feasible to cut him), so they can easily kick him back out to tackle.

I think the key thing is building depth and positional flexibility is the best way to build that depth.

So who else should the Raiders poach?

Reggie will need another vet CB, Turdell Brown wasn't so bad towards the end of the season, maybe if he comes back for cheap.

Desperately need a MLB, who's available?

Brandon Spikes is available I think. I wanted him last year.

I think we're pretty good at CB. I like all of our young guys there, Hayden, Carrie, McGill.

But yeah resign Brown for sure if he wants to stay.

jbug617

Banned
Sounds like Gase is staying in Denver as the HC

@AdamSchefter: 49ers set to promote DL coach Jim Tomsula to head coach, per sources. Still ironing out details, but Tomsula expected to be 49ers next HC.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
49ers set to promote DL coach Jim Tomsula to head coach, per sources. Still ironing out details, but Tomsula expected to be 49ers next HC.

I don't know who this is.

edit: jbug!!!!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
@AdamSchefter 25s26 seconds ago
49ers set to promote DL coach Jim Tomsula to head coach, per sources. Still ironing out details, but Tomsula expected to be 49ers next HC.]

Looks like Gase is the guy in Denver then.

Nate Irving is also a FA for the Broncos, I think he was their MLB before getting injured. Not sure.

Looks like Gase is the guy in Denver then.

Wonder if Allen will be his DC. Better chance Peyton comes back now as well.

Weird that Niners went with Tomsula over Fangio.

I don't know who this is.

edit: jbug!!!!

Did they even interview him? I mean yeah he's in house..but really? Even with Vic Fangio in the running? Fuck you Jed...

Defensive Line coach...He's a rah rah, players' coach type of guy (great D line coach). For all that talk about wanting a teacher, they go furthest away from one.

jakncoke

Banned
So 49ers miss on one the hype coordinators of the offseason and proceed to hire a DL coach that from 1998 to 2006 was coaching in Europe? Ok then

Damnit Jed....I was only joking when I posted this..

FN2dfUX.gif

Actually now that I think about it...Niners should hire a stop gap coach and make a huge pitch to lure Pey pey into a HC position when he retires. He's got what? 1 more season left in him max?

uspw_5545772.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Did they even interview him? I mean yeah he's in house..but really? Even with Vic Fangio in the running? Fuck you Jed...

Defensive Line coach...He's a rah rah, players' coach type of guy (great D line coach). For all that talk about wanting a teacher, they go furthest away from one.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The hire of Jim Tomsula, first reported by @AdamSchefter, means the #49ers hired a coach without interviewing him. They knew what they had.

LJ11

He's a great DL coach. DL does a great job shedding blocks in the run game. Gets the most out of his talent, I really like the way they plug and play at times. Stanford does a good job with shedding blocks too, kill the Ducks with their block shedding.

Fuck jed Yorke and baalke. I praise u 24/7 and this how you do me! You expect me to learn from this?! How???? I'll never forget this!

Thxtho

haha, love the reference

Fjordson

Tomsula is a good coach by all accounts and the players like him, but the HC? Over Fangio or any offensive candidates? I don't see it.

Guessing it's because Tomsula is seen as more affable and agreeable than Fangio. York and Baalke want to run the show and need a coach to fall in line. Local writers have talked about this before. Seems like that won out in the end. You stay winnin' Jed....

methodman

Banned
man what a pussy move by our front office. tomsula must be a yes man to make him the coach without a fucking interview. do they even know his plan and which assistants he's going to hire? isn't that the coaches job or does york and baalke wanna take that too. fuckers

cdyhybrid

Kinda surprising they'd hire him over Fangio. Maybe they don't think Fangio is HC material?

He figured out how to let Justin Smith hold half the O-line every play without getting called, so he must be at least decent.

I can actually see this work really well. Depends if Fangio stays on at D coord. and if we bring someone in that is actually capable as an Off coord.

TraBuch

Banned
Don't worry, guys. Jed said that if this doesn't work out, we can hold him accountable.

I can actually see this work really well. Depends if Fangio stays on at D coord. and if we bring someone in that is actually capable as an Off coord.
No way Fangio sticks around after being jumped by a dline coach that didn't even interview. He probably feels slighted, and rightfully so.

Keylow415

im depressed as a niner fan :(. went from harbaugh to tomsula who is a good coach but i just dont know. its not going to help us with the offence and if Fangio leaves this team is going backwards. this is Trent Baalke team now and fuck you York

wedward

You think Fangio is going to stick around when he obviously wanted the HC position and they gave it to a line coach over him?

He is gone.

Fjordson

Kinda surprising they'd hire him over Fangio. Maybe they don't think Fangio is HC material?
It's yet another non-football issue with little Jed and Ballke. Likely came down to Tomsula being easy going and far removed from Harbaugh's style and personality. Tomsula probably won't mind Baalke running everything.

Jason La Canfora saying on twitter that Fangio will be looking at the DC job in Washington.

Wouldn't blame him for leaving if Tomsula does land the job, though DC in Washington seems like a lateral move at best so I dunno.

Fuck this team. Can't wait for 4 years of no playoffs and 5-11 to 8-8 finishes.

At least the Yorks will save some cash after signing Tomsula to a 6 year, $7 mil contract

Keylow415

Cam Inman @CamInman
Vic Fangio not expected to remain #49ers DC under new coach Jim Tomsula, per league source. Fangio had phenomenal 4-year run

looks like vic wont be back too. im so fucking pissed right now

Top Bottom