• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I honestly think he ends up in either Atlanta or Denver, sadly.

This is the first time I'm 50/50 on a PD/Plinko debate.

Usually you're both "Lions 7-9", "Time for a new QB????"

But with Coach Austin its 50/50. He is a legit head coach candidate and turned our defense into the best in the NFL. I have no idea if he stays with us but we need him.

Draxal

I'm... moderately excited for this.

Mike Garafolo@MikeGarafolo · 12m 12 minutes ago

Source says the Giants are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as defensive coordinator. Everyone look surprised.

I"m excited I love that Jimmy J tree, even though I have a feeling it won't be as drastic as a change as needed.

Striker

I'm... moderately excited for this.

Mike Garafolo@MikeGarafolo · 12m 12 minutes ago

Source says the Giants are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as defensive coordinator. Everyone look surprised.
He has great corners, but they need to really address the LB and S positions.

Hopefully they come to a good deal with JPP. I think Spags can get the most out of him much more than Fewell did.

Bowser

Daniel Jeremiah Mock is out
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/215603

He has TB taking Winston

I think Carolina would be ecstatic to see Scherff available at 25. I hope the Bucs go Mariota, don't want Winston in the division. Also, don't want Cooper in the division either, and I can't see the Falcons ignoring that putrid defense for another luxury pick. Roddy is still good as a #2 WR for another couple of years.

Konka

Banned
Both Kiper and DJ having Chiefs going with that DGB fellow. Big and very tall WR, I like.

Just it's nice and calm here.

the_beautiful_milana_vayntrub-18415.gif

I think Carolina would be ecstatic to see Scherff available at 25. I hope the Bucs go Mariota, don't want Winston in the division. Also, don't want Cooper in the division either, and I can't see the Falcons ignoring that putrid defense for another luxury pick. Roddy is still good as a #2 WR for another couple of years.

That would be quite a fall for Scherff considering he had top 5 potential just a few weeks ago.

Getts can keep saying "We always take Best Available", but I think he HAS to take an OT in the early rounds if it's not addressed in FA this year. He almost completely ignored the position last off-season and the experiment to convert Byron Bell to a LT and not garbage failed.

Bowser

That would be quite a fall for Scherff considering he had top 5 potential just a few weeks ago.

Getts can keep saying "We always take Best Available", but I think he HAS to take an OT in the early rounds if it's not addressed in FA this year. He almost completely ignored the position last off-season and the experiment to convert Byron Bell to a LT and not garbage failed.

Free agency is going to do a lot to dictate what we do in the draft. If we can find a vet OT (which I think is Getts preference honestly), I think he'll put OT on the backburner and take a huge project guy in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I honestly would not be surprised to see Getts go WR against in round 1. That's likely where the value is going to end up being.

My dream scenario:

FA - Randall Cobb (lol)
Draft - Ereck Flowers OR Andrus Peat OR TJ Cummings in the 1st / Cameron Erving in the 2nd if those guys are gone

A plausible scenario IMO:

FA - King Dunlap
Draft - Devin Smith or Jalen Strong or Dorial Green-Beckham

And take a S in the 2nd round (Gerod Holliman, Jalen Mills, Anthony Harris, etc.) or find FA vet, but still young, S that won't break the bank (Da'Norris Searcy, Nate Allen, Rahim Moore, Louis Delmas, etc). I'd love to sign Tashaun Gipson from Cleveland, but he's a RFA.

I'm praying for Shaq Thompson or Vic Beasley to drop to us but I know there's next to nil chance of them falling that far. You never know though, every year a player or two falls further than anticipated. Sometimes far further.

JCizzle

Oh my God I'm listening to the Tomsula PC. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Nothing but ass kissing so far and he sounds like a brick.

JCizzle

omg Baalke really thinks he's leading the Giants under Parcells.

"safe to say we'll be running the ball".

Fuck. Makes me sick. Get back to the Niners roots.

omg Baalke really thinks he's leading the Giants under Parcells.

"safe to say we'll be running the ball".

Fuck. Makes me sick. Get back to the Niners roots.

Physical with an F BRO!

I feel like this is a bad dream. Unfortunately one niners fans can never wake up from because york will still be owner in 3 years when we fire tomsula.

Luckily we can hold York personally accountable! Thank god for that!

JCizzle

Physical with an F BRO!

I feel like this is a bad dream. Unfortunately one niners fans can never wake up from because york will still be owner in 3 years when we fire tomsula.

Luckily we can hold York personally accountable! Thank god for that!

This is eerily similar to Sing. Like, word for word almost. WTFFFFFFFFFFFF

What's your philosophy? "Well, you take the talent and do a 180. You take it and twist it." ughhhhhhhh

TraBuch

Banned
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

York: "When did I know Jim was gonna be the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers? When we talked to him yesterday at 11 a.m."

Nice to know York did his due diligence.

rando14

This Tomsula press conference is pretty brutal. York fucked up picking Baalke over Harbaugh.

"Baalke is the GM of the forever!!! Wow such a great GM, did you see how he traded a 4th for STEVIE JOHNSON?! And then traded down to get the 4th round pick so he basically got STEVIE FOR FREEEEEEE!!! #RichGetRicher"

Yeah what a deal that ended up being brahs!!

TraBuch

Banned
"Baalke is the GM of the forever!!! Wow such a great GM, did you see how he traded a 4th for STEVIE JOHNSON?! And then traded down to get the 4th round pick so he basically got STEVIE FOR FREEEEEEE!!!"

Yeah what a deal that ended up being brahs!!

Those people just conveniently ignore the 2012 draft.

rando14

49ers CEO Jed York: "This is a different search than we did four years ago. It's a much more detailed, thorough search."

Is it just me or are they saying all the wrong things...

JCizzle

49ers CEO Jed York: "This is a different search than we did four years ago. It's a much more detailed, thorough search."

Is it just me or are they saying all the wrong things...

No, he's just fucking stupid. Any moron could have told them Harbaugh was the right guy - he was right there in the bay area, success everywhere, etc. And it was the right move! Then he fucked it up.

Top Bottom