• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

linkboy

Just watched the tomsula presser

Can't even laugh at the niners anymore, just feel sorry for them

What sucks is that Tomsula really is a good coach, knows football and all the players love him.

It just feels like he's taking the brunt of this when it really should be Jed and Baalke.

It will be nice being overseas as watching this upcoming train wreck from a distance.

RBH

FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports there's a "lot of talk" that Kyle Shanahan is "hitching his wagon" to Seahawks DC Dan Quinn.

Kyle Shanahan made waves by turning down the 49ers' request to interview for their offensive-coordinator vacancy, but could have an agreement to join up with Dan Quinn if/when he's hired by the Falcons. Quinn is considered the heavy favorite to replace Mike Smith in Atlanta, but can't formally be hired until the Seahawks are eliminated. Landing with Matt Ryan after years in the Brian Hoyer/Robert Griffin III wilderness would be a boon for Shanny's future prospects.

DMczaf

Kave just can't handle being Captain of OT.

tumblr_nho8wi4kSR1qlmfquo2_500.gif

Mrbob

I don't get the Bears hire.

Fox is a good enough coach but they still have Cutler and an aging defense. No amount of good coaching can turn that sinking ship around. You have to scuttle and rebuild.

Cutler will be gone in a year ( Marshall will be cut in March ) and they are bringing in a head coach who historically has rebuilt a defense. Don't see the problem.

Cutler will be gone in a year ( Marshall will be cut in March ) and they are bringing in a head coach who historically has rebuilt a defense. Don't see the problem.
Fair, thought they'd go younger, though.

You're a couple years out being competitive again, the Cutler guaranteed $ is a killer, and Fox seemed more like a "win now" sort of hire.

Mrbob

The Cutler contract is really only a 3 year deal and after this year there is only one year left on it. Easier to trade him then.

Modern NFL is conducive to quick rebuilds. Pace will have to draft well but going from scrub team to playoff contender doesn't have to take a long time. There looks to be some young talent on the Bears defense right now but it wasn't being taught properly by Mel Tucker. Hopefully the Bears can land Fangio and who knows perhaps he takes over for Fox as head coach when he retires.

The Cutler contract is really only a 3 year deal and after this year there is only one year left on it. Easier to trade him then.

Modern NFL is conducive to quick rebuilds. Pace will have to draft well but going from scrub team to playoff contender doesn't have to take a long time. There looks to be some young talent on the Bears defense right now but it wasn't being taught properly by Mel Tucker. Hopefully the Bears can land Fangio and who knows perhaps he takes over for Fox as head coach when he retires.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/jay-cutler/

lol what? its more like "actually" a 5 year deal although the dead money lowers significantly. this has to be one of the worst contract extensions in the history of professional sports

Mrbob

I shut down hyde. My trio of rookie linebackers going to go down as the best combo in the league. All taken from the same draft! I'm basically the Madden version of Ted Thompson. Finding starters in the 6th and 7th round.

Also those numbers show the Bears can shed Cutler pretty easily.

This is what Bob gets for that bullshit $200M contract in Madden for that DE!

You still mad about this? I only did it just so you couldn't have him. I told you I would go high no matter the cost!

I shut down hyde. My trio of rookie linebackers going to go down as the best combo in the league. All taken from the same draft! I'm basically the Madden version of Ted Thompson. Finding starters in the 6th and 7th round.

Also those numbers show the Bears can shed Cutler pretty easily.

You still mad about this? I only did it just so you couldn't have him. I told you I would go high no matter the cost!

say that to my FACE in the playoffs brah!

ShaneB

smh, you'll watch his scrub Madden skills but won't play Madden with us guys?

The games I don't stream are always the awesome ones. My last league game was a 45-42 barnburner win that went back and forth (Alex Smith had 517 yards!), and last night I had a comeback to win 23-20 in OT!

The games I don't stream are always the awesome ones. My last league game was a 45-42 barnburner win that went back and forth (Alex Smith had 517 yards!), and last night I had a comeback to win 23-20 in OT!

My last game I got smashed by approximately a billion points in a game where nothing went right for me, to such an extent that my opponent signalled for a fair catch and proceeded to return it twenty yards after catching it.

Refs just didn't give a fuck.

49ers set to go 0-16 next season, but damn if they won't do it in a very classy way.

unfortunately we won't go 0-16. if we did that could cause some possible actual change. instead we'll go between 6-10 and 8-8. this is the worst because we have no hope for the playoffs and we will be stuck in the middle of the draft

#49ersCulture
#JedYorkAlDavisJr

Hunter S.

Papa Peyton should come back one more year.

You could argue that Peyton Manning’s play slipped in the latter half of last season. You could argue that, at 38, his so-called window has closed. But what you can’t dispute is that Manning, just being Manning, is a money-maker. The numbers speak for themselves.

The Broncos’ quarterback reclaimed the No. 1 spot from Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson on the NFL Players Inc. Top 50 Player Sales List for the third fiscal quarter of 2014, a list based on total sales of all officially licensed products from Sept. 1-Nov. 30, 2014.

NFLPI top 50 player sales rankings for the third quarter:

1. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
2. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
3. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers
4. Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys
5. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
6. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
7. J.J. Watt, Houston Texans
8. Richard Sherman, Seattle Seahawks
9. LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles
10. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks
11. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
12. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
13. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
14. Johnny Manziel, Cleveland Browns
15. DeMarco Murray, Dallas Cowboys
16. Brandon Marshall, Chicago Bears
17. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
18. Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagles
19. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions
20. Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers
21. Teddy Bridgewater, Minnesota Vikings
22. Eli Manning, New York Giants
23. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
24. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
25. Clay Matthews, Green Bay Packers
26. Devon Still, Cincinnati Bengals
27. Luke Kuechly, Carolina Panthers
28. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
29. Earl Thomas, Seattle Seahawks
30. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Raven

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Niners lose to the Hawks no matter what it seems

Pathetic but real talk true story. Having lived in San Francisco for seven years, 9ers were my automatic second team after the Seahawks.

I never wavered.

Even the shift to becoming the Santa Clara Googleniners didn't bug me. Firing Harbaugh was dumb but I could have forgiven it.

But Kaepernick is so intensely dislikable that I literally like the Cowboys better now. I hope they ditch him so I can stay hella west coast.

Pathetic but real talk true story. Having lived in San Francisco for seven years, 9ers were my automatic second team after the Seahawks.

I never wavered.

Even the shift to becoming the Santa Clara Googleniners didn't bug me. Firing Harbaugh was dumb but I could have forgiven it.

But Kaepernick is so intensely dislikable that I literally like the Cowboys better now. I hope they ditch him so I can stay hella west coast.

squicken would be proud

Tamanon

Banned

I never wavered.

This two team bullshit:

zGLDkMi.gif

I never wavered.

2 team lover and a racist.

Top Bottom