• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Pathetic but real talk true story. Having lived in San Francisco for seven years, 9ers were my automatic second team after the Seahawks.

I never wavered.

Even the shift to becoming the Santa Clara Googleniners didn't bug me. Firing Harbaugh was dumb but I could have forgiven it.

But Kaepernick is so intensely dislikable that I literally like the Cowboys better now. I hope they ditch him so I can stay hella west coast.

So you like division rivals and the cowboys after the niners? squicken jr?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This two team bullshit:

zGLDkMi.gif

I need teams to root for/against otherwise I always support underdog. Next season the 9ers gun be mad underdog. Keep might quit because he's an egotistical pawnshop. This tablet auto corrected "asshole" as "pawnshop" but I like it, so I'm doubling down. Egotistical pawnshop.

So you like division rivals and the cowboys after the niners? squicken jr?

I'll accept it.

MechDX

#Texans pro personnel director Brian Gaine will receive a promotion instead of possibly leaving for the #Eagles GM job, source said.

BOB cut off the Eagles.

#Texans pro personnel director Brian Gaine will receive a promotion instead of possibly leaving for the #Eagles GM job, source said.

BOB cut off the Eagles.

His loss cause he's stuck in Houston.

Actually I think Houston is doing a helluva good job in their front office (and as our farm team) so actually this is a little upsetting.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm really starting to get worried Teryl Austin will get the Atlanta job. Him coming back would be huge for us in our ability to resign Suh.

He's the best candidate out, IMO, I knew he would be coveted but I'm hoping for one more year. He'll get a HC job in the NFL somewhere, inevitably.

I had a dream the Browns Unveiled our new logo and it was just a big picture of poo. Haslam, Lebron, and JFF then came out of the shadows laughing with a evil grin.

RBH

The last time the Oakland Raiders made the playoffs, their offensive coordinator was Marc Trestman.

They may be going back to that well as they try to end a playoff drought that has now run to 12 seasons. Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Trestman is expected to interview for the team’s offensive coordinator opening in “the next day or so.”

Trestman was in Oakland from 2001 to 2003, a span that saw the Raiders make it to the playoffs twice and the Super Bowl once. Quarterback Rich Gannon also won the MVP award for the 2002 season while running Trestman’s offense.

Trestman has been a popular candidate for offensive coordinator openings since being fired as the Bears’ head coach at the end of the regular season. The Jaguars and Browns have also shown interest in his services. In all three spots Trestman would be working with second-year quarterbacks with Oakland’s Derek Carr coming off the best showing as a rookie when compared to Blake Bortles and Johnny Manziel.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/18/marc-trestman-slated-for-interview-with-raiders/

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Anyone know if there is a reliable way to watch the Seahawks game on either an Apple tv or a compooder? Have smallish tv with game access but massive projector with only internet/Apple tv.

A lot of D Coordinators are being hired as HC, but I'm pretty sure brother Squicken said teams shouldnt hire Defensive coaches as HC. Hmm

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
A lot of D Coordinators are being hired as HC, but I'm pretty sure brother Squicken said teams shouldnt Defensive coaches as HC. Hmm

Three of the four teams playing today have defensive coaches at the helm. squicken picks coaches about as well as he picks quarterbacks.

Hype.

A lot of D Coordinators are being hired as HC, but I'm pretty sure brother Squicken said teams shouldnt Defensive coaches as HC. Hmm

I think it's just a sign how dynamic defenses have become (again?) you see these teams that force so many turn-overs and generate sacks faring much better than just a defense that just tries to like...contain a team entirely.

ShaneB

Anyone know if there is a reliable way to watch the Seahawks game on either an Apple tv or a compooder? Have smallish tv with game access but massive projector with only internet/Apple tv.

I believe the games will be streamed online. The NFC game on FOXsportsGO.com

MechDX

Adam Schefter

2 hrs ·
Ravens OC Gary Kubiak plans to take Broncos HC job if it is offered to him, per sources. Kubiak is believed to be Denver's No. 1 head-coaching candidate, so now it will be up to both sides, Kubiak and the Broncos, to share their football philosophies and reach an agreement when they meet today in Houston, where Kubiak lives. However, no announcement of any deal Is expected until Tuesday, after today's conference championship games and after Monday's Martin Luther King holiday. But all signs now point to Kubiak being named Broncos head coach Tuesday.

Probably meeting at Miguels house.

Hunter S.

Now, now Kubiak has not been announced,yet. Manning deals with the OC the most so Gase was the man he has talked to the most while being in Denver, not Fox.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
Alabama OC Lane Kiffin is a front-runner for 49ers OC job. Colts special assistant to HC Rob Chudzinski also under consideration.

Ol boy Lane about to backdoor his way back into the NFL.

Top Bottom