• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Bessy67

JNA in total over react mode. Team just got the NFCCG with a QB that could barely run with a wide open sideline. Quit acting entitled, most teams would kill to be in that game.

You don't get there by luck.
We were handed that game on a silver platter and we handed it right back. There needs to be a change after a pathetic showing like that.

JNA

Banned
JNA in total over react mode. Team just got the NFCCG with a QB that could barely run with a wide open sideline. Quit acting entitled, most teams would kill to be in that game.

You don't get there by luck.

I don't care if I'm overreacting at this point. This is total bullcrap. Feel lucky? Feel lucky about what? Having one of the greatest QBs to ever live yet still can't finish shit in the playoffs except for that ONE TIME? Make the biggest choke job ever in football?

This fucking team should have 3 SB titles including the one this year. You think the Colts are happy with only ONE title despite having also one of the greatest QBs of all time for all those years? You think they feel lucky?

Please. Yeah, we almost won a game with Rodgers injured. Big woop. Rodgers also got hurt last year, and the year before that? And then what if he gets injured again next year?

Man what a way to go out man. It's not the loss...just...we fucking had it.

RBH

Y9Hp1Ur.jpg

Weren't we just praising Mike McCarthy as one of the best coaches in the league a few weeks ago? I don't think change for change's sake is the solution.
There's no reasonable way to make a change, which is part of why it's depressing. McCarthy cost us the win more than any other single factor, but he's also a huge part of why this offense got so far. If you were going to replace him, you'd have to rebuild the team... Which is way harder than it sounds, even with Rodgers to build around. Rationally speaking, the best choice is to stick with him and hope he catches lightning in a bottle again. But it'll be nothing more than that.

(Also, I was never onboard with the McCarthy dick sucking)

Hi friends

toystory2.3.jpg

McCarthy is a great disciplinarian and leader. His play-calling and decision making cost us the game. There was also player execution issues like Daniels penalty and Bosticks' Finley hands.

Eleuin

Weren't we just praising Mike McCarthy as one of the best coaches in the league a few weeks ago? I don't think change for change's sake is the solution.
Eh just a few people crowning him after the pats win
Injured Rodgers just wasn't able to cover up deficiencies that arose in Mike's gameplan like he usually is able to

I've seen Cowboys fans call that the biggest choke they've ever seen

Damn dudes, your team really has to do something about that staff. That's just insulting

Eh just a few people crowning him after the pats win
Injured Rodgers just wasn't able to cover up deficiencies that arose in Mike's gameplan like he usually is able to
He's partly responsible for not making a bigger stink to mike. Hurt or not, it's the 4th q of the cg and you're going to take the ball out of the mvp's hands?

Gtfo, fatso

Pagusas

Elden Member
Fuck all you packer fans calling for McCarthy's head, he's done a great job for the Packers. One of the reasons we are in the playoffs every year is the consistsancy at head coach. You want to end up being on the coaching carrisol like the Bears? You want to be bottom feeders like the rest of our division? Appreciate what we have.

KaYotiX

Banned
A lot of the plays Rodgers usually runs it for a first would of been huge today, Im not making excuses about a hurt rogers but damn if he doesn't make a lot of shit happen with his legs.

Still no excuse for the last 2 mins......utter implosion by the special teams and D

Jarnet87

There's no reasonable way to make a change, which is part of why it's depressing. McCarthy cost us the win more than any other single factor, but he's also a huge part of why this offense got so far. If you were going to replace him, you'd have to rebuild the team... Which is way harder than it sounds, even with Rodgers to build around. Rationally speaking, the best choice is to stick with him and hope he catches lightning in a bottle again. But it'll be nothing more than that.

(Also, I was never onboard with the McCarthy dick sucking)

Most of the McCarthy suck fest comes from media, commentators, etc. A lot of Packer fans think he is a complete Potato being carried by Rodgers.

Bessy67

Fuck all you packer fans calling for McCarthy's head, he's done a great job for the Packers. One of the reasons we are in the playoffs every year is the consistsancy at head coach. You want to end up being on the coaching carrisol like the Bears? You want to be bottom feeders like the rest of our division? Appreciate what we have.
The only reason we are in the playoffs every year is #12. We have the best QB in the league and we've perennially sucked it up in the playoffs since our last Super Bowl. It's time for change.

Rorschach

I know people hate the decision to take field goals, but I agreed. Just got stood up 2 plays in a row. Not sure why going for it on 4th suddenly makes it automatic points.

That's kas speak. "If they would have kept the flag, we definitely would have scored."

Nope. That's not how football works. One outcome does not dictate another.

But anyways. I think I really was expecting/ready to lose going in, because it sunk in real fast when we went down and already accepted it. Time for dotes!
I said third down. I even italicized it!

Loxley

As a born and raised Wisconsonite, that loss was painful.

I will, however, admit that #DiscountDoubleChoke is pretty damn funny.

Eleuin

He's partly responsible for not making a bigger stink to mike. Hurt or not, it's the 4th q of the cg and you're going to take the ball out of the mvp's hands?

Gtfo, fatso
Hearing Aarons comments after the game I don't understand why he didn't override the calls like he did all the other times he's went from run to pass

Runs out of the shotgun were just so fucking dumb

Bessy67

He didn't have a great game today, but I still just can't wrap my mind around McCarthy taking the ball out of Rodgers' hands with 5 minutes left up 2 scores going for the win.

brentech

I said third down. I even italicized it!

I wasn't sure what you were implying with it, but I know. I just wanted to get my point across.

McCarthy probably out, but I just don't know where we go from there. Acting like he is the worst coach ever is laughable. Literally implements an completely different offense to accommodate an injury and does a pretty damn good job with it.
Hopefully Rodgers gets some input on who is coming in.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Welcome to Earf! I mean sports!

Either way the JNA meltdown is kinda entertaining.

Continue tomorrow we will return to normal activities in this thread.

Bessy67

edit: Wrong thread soon to be the right thread.
Nothing can stop the matchup of the New England and Seattle evil empires. Whoever wins, we all lose.

Welcome to Earf! I mean sports!

Either way the JNA meltdown is kinda entertaining.

Continue tomorrow we will return to normal activities in this thread.
I'll still be calling for McCarthy's and Capers' jobs, even though I'm resigned to the fact it'll never happen.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I really don't want McCarthy gone. I still think he's one of the best offensive minds in the game today. I don't want Rodgers to waste his early 30s with another Ray Rhodes or Mike Sherman. Fuck that noise.

Bessy67

I really don't want McCarthy gone. I still think he's one of the best offensive minds in the game today. I don't want Rodgers to waste his early 30s with another Ray Rhodes or Mike Sherman. Fuck that noise.
Fine, don't fire McCarthy. Just hire a play caller.

Sephzilla

Reigning offensive rookie of the year and probable MVP this year, and you don't have confidence that one of those two can score on 4th and the 1 inch marker? Soft play calling doesn't win Super Bowls let alone get you to one.

I don't think McCarthy should be fired but he needs to be publicly called out for how he called this game. Capers, however, does need to be fired.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Schefter reporting Falcons content to wait for Quinn.

YES.

Draxal

Will never happen but if it does, take Capers with him too.

It would at least help this big giant wound in my stomach. :(

He tried to bottle it up in the post game conference, but you can really tell he was upset about not being aggressive.

Top Bottom