• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

JABEE

What in the motherfucking fuck is fucking wrong with you fucking people?

It is not Wussle's fucking fault that that he is on a great fucking team. Fuck that. Swallow up your fucking pride and root for him to defeat the Hoody so the AFC can actually be fucking competitive again. This is fucking bullshit fuck everything, I can't believe that Wussle getting two rings is what is stopping you fucking fucks from rooting for him. Who gives a fuck? What did Wussle and his perfect smile and fine caramelized skin ever do to you guys? Fuck. Why can't he have 2 rings when fucking bums like Namath have 1. Who have you guys the fucking right? Fuck.

OT thread is filled with Pats fans circle jerking and rejoicing. Fuck that. Half of those fucks I have never seen before (congrats to the other fucks I recognize but fuck them). Fuck the Pats, fuck football, fuck the AFC, fuck the AFC South, and fuck the Owl. This season was shit, fuck Goodell.

Spin, there's no room for us old fools in OT. We are occupied.

KaYotiX

Banned

It is not Wussle's fucking fault that that he is on a great fucking team. Fuck that. Swallow up your fucking pride and root for him to defeat the Hoody so the AFC can actually be fucking competitive again.QUOTE]

Why couldn't his luck carry over and win the Badgers a Rose Bowl? Still disappointed in that too...... :p

It is not Wussle's fucking fault that that he is on a great fucking team. Fuck that. Swallow up your fucking pride and root for him to defeat the Hoody so the AFC can actually be fucking competitive again. This is fucking bullshit fuck everything, I can't believe that Wussle getting two rings is what is stopping you fucking fucks from rooting for him. Who gives a fuck? What did Wussle and his perfect smile and fine caramelized skin ever do to you guys? Fuck. Why can't he have 2 rings when fucking bums like Namath have 1. Who have you guys the fucking right? Fuck.

OT thread is filled with Pats fans circle jerking and rejoicing. Fuck that. Half of those fucks I have never seen before (congrats to the other fucks I recognize but fuck them). Fuck the Pats, fuck football, fuck the AFC, fuck the AFC South, and fuck the Owl. This season was shit, fuck Goodell.
No.

Fuck them both.

JABEE

It is not Wussle's fucking fault that that he is on a great fucking team. Fuck that. Swallow up your fucking pride and root for him to defeat the Hoody so the AFC can actually be fucking competitive again.QUOTE]

Why couldn't his luck carry over and win the Badgers a Rose Bowl? Still disappointed in that too...... :p

Chip

This is a post I can get behind, but on the other hand fuck the Seahawks for taking the game we handed to them. (the gentlemanly thing to do would've been to hand it right back)

That's the team the 49ers want to be - classy enough to hand it back.

Anyway that Seahawks game was crazy - wasn't looking promising for a long time until they pulled & gutted it out.

I'm hoping they got the stupid out so they can revert to form for the Superb Owl.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I literally do not care who wins the Super Bowl. If the Seahawks win it is more salt in that wound. If the Patriots win I will be upset that the Packers gagged it away to the losing team. Especially if they get embarrassed.

Fuck football until next fall.

effzee

I'm probably not going to watch the Super Bowl. I just don't care about either team.

Do you only watch SBs if your team or teams you care about are in it?

I feel like if you are a fan of the NFL you watch no matter what. I know myself I can't miss a SB. Even those early 00s SB which always came at the expense of the Eagles losing the NFCCG or the 1 SB 10 years ago they made it too. Ohh the pain!

Bessy67

I'm hoping for a good offseason for the Packers but based on recent history we won't have any coaching changes, we won't pick up any free agents (no way we're getting another only a year after Peppers), we'll draft a bust of a d-lineman in the first round, we'll draft a talented receiver that we really don't need in the second round, we'll draft some mediocre linebackers in the 4th and 5th rounds that wouldn't start on any other team but the Packers have no linebackers so they'll play here, and we'll draft a project QB in the 6th or 7th round.

Although we'll probably lock up Cobb, so there's that I guess.

I feel like if you are a fan of the NFL you watch no matter what. I know myself I can't miss a SB. Even those early 00s SB which always came at the expense of the Eagles losing the NFCCG or the 1 SB 10 years ago they made it too. Ohh the pain!

How would you feel if it's Cowboys vs Pats?

Steelers vs 49ers I might need to hide in the mountains where they are no internet.

Sephzilla

I used to watch it for the commercials and I'll sometimes watch it if I like one of the teams casually. But super bowl commercials have sucked in recent years and I hate both of these teams.

In my experience, it's really hard to watch the playoff round right after your team gets knocked out. Especially if it's the CCG.

Also, I want both teams to lose and that's impossible. So I probably won't watch either.

I'm hoping for a good offseason for the Packers but based on recent history we won't have any coaching changes, we won't pick up any free agents (no way we're getting another only a year after Peppers), we'll draft a bust of a d-lineman in the first round, we'll draft a talented receiver that we really don't need in the second round, we'll draft some mediocre linebackers in the 4th and 5th rounds that wouldn't start on any other team but the Packers have no linebackers so they'll play here, and we'll draft a project QB in the 6th or 7th round.
Biggest need is interior lineman, I wish I had any confidence in our scouting department to draft one or three. We have Daniels and hot garbage besides.

ILB we might be able to solve through the draft (or leave Clay there, as brittle as he is playing outside. And Barrington came on pretty strong). S and CB we're not bad, if we re-sign House (probably let Tramon walk).

JNA

Banned

It's pretty difficult to care or watch a Super Bowl when your favorite team gets knocked out the round before. :(

Sephzilla

Ugh. The worst case scenario is that Capers keeps his job. McCarthy isn't held accountable for this game at all. We sign no free agents of worth. We draft more defensive backs that end up tanking. And somehow AJ Hawk sticks around.

I really don't care about the super bowl this year either. As long as the Pats don't win.

Its most likely something that's gonna be on in the background while I do homework or something.

Ugh. The worst case scenario is that Capers keeps his job. McCarthy isn't held accountable for this game at all. We sign no free agents of worth. We draft more defensive backs that end up tanking. And somehow AJ Hawk sticks around.
It's really personnel. We have one d-lineman worth his salt (Daniels). We have almost nothing at ILB. And as a defense, we're soft because we're small.

Lost(?) in the collapse today is that Clay got hurt and was on the sideline for the entire comeback. Depth is part of that equation. Had nobody capable of running with Wilson as a spy.

I'd love for a huge, giant CB so we stop getting destroyed by the star wide outs.

JABEE

This thread is getting way more active :")

Kave dosent let us have sweets before dinner

This is the REAL thread!

Also, I'm surprised more Packers fans aren't getting on Burnett for sliding right away after that interception. He had a chance to take it to the house, or at least put the Packers in field goal range. That was the turning point in the game.

Also, McCarthy's shitty play-calling in the entire second half after making two huge decisions to kick field goals at the half inch line really cost the Packers.

I still can't believe the Packers lost that game.

Sephzilla

It's really personnel. We have one d-lineman worth his salt (Daniels). We have almost nothing at ILB. And as a defense, we're soft because we're small.

Lost(?) in the collapse today is that Clay got hurt and was on the sideline for the entire comeback. Depth is part of that equation. Had nobody capable of running with Wilson as a spy.
Yeah I was wondering why Clay wasn't out there.

Some of our defensive issues could be fixed with a free agent or two to plug in a few holes. I think it's safe to say at this point that Thompson and/or Capers aren't good at evaluating defensive talent through drafting.

This is the REAL thread!

Also, I'm surprised more Packers fans aren't getting on Burnett for sliding right away after that interception. He had a chance to take it to the house, or at least put the Packers in field goal range. That was the turning point in the game.

Also, McCarthy's shitty play-calling in the entire second half after making two huge decisions to kick field goals at the half inch line really cost the Packers.

I hated seeing Burnett slide, but I understand why he did. The whole game to that point, the only Seahawks offense was the fake FG. They were clueless.

But as I've said, we had no killer instinct as a team -- with the exception of Rodgers. No excuse for not getting a few 1st downs and running out the clock. Instead we fucked around like the game was already over.

Sephzilla

This is the REAL thread!

Burnett made the right play because he didn't want to risk losing the ball. He was banking on McCarthy going for at least one first down and ending the game, as was everyone in the stadium. He didn't know Mike was going to turn into the biggest coward and just go three and out

Burnett made the right play because he didn't want to risk losing the ball. He was banking on McCarthy getting at least one first down and ending the game, as was everyone in the stadium. He didn't know Mike was going to turn into the biggest coward and just go three and out

Pretty much. And he can't see into the future that they were going to fuck up the onside kick and the 2pt conversion.

DMczaf

This thread is getting way more active :")

Kave dosent let us have sweets before dinner

Fuck Kave, I'm smuggling in the good stuff.

Picture9-1.png

Burnett made the right play because he didn't want to risk losing the ball. He was banking on McCarthy getting at least one first down and ending the game, as was everyone in the stadium. He didn't know Mike was going to turn into the biggest coward and just go three and out

I still can't get over how conservative Mike was. Complete opposite of his play calling all year.

Sephzilla

Honestly this game has really shattered my faith in McCarthy as a head coach. I'll admit I was never a HUGE fan of his but the guy did win a super bowl, bit this was cowardly and incompetent coaching at its fullest. He took the ball out his best players hands at multiple times and was banking way too much on his weak defense carrying him through the game. The only reason Green Bay held onto this lead for as long as they did was because Wilson was playing AWFUL

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
At least it wasn't the Broncos that got obliterated like that.

Imagine the headlines about Peypey...

Anywho, I welcome our new Kubiak Overlords. Bring the Broncos back to the promised land, Ocho.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Honestly this game has really shattered my faith in McCarthy as a head coach. I'll admit I was never a HUGE fan of his but the guy did win a super bowl, bit this was cowardly and incompetent coaching at its fullest. He took the ball out his best players hands at multiple times and was banking way too much on his weak defense carrying him through the game. The only reason Green Bay held onto this lead for as long as they did was because Wilson was playing AWFUL

He really had that reputation hard before they won the Super Bowl and the criticism melted away. It doesn't hurt that his team was good enough each year that Rodgers wasn't injured to make it all the way, it just didn't happen. Usually you had the 49ers running GB over so no one noticed his bad tendencies in close games.

Hunter S.

At least it wasn't the Broncos that got obliterated like that.

Imagine the headlines about Peypey...

Anywho, I welcome our new Kubiak Overlords. Bring the Broncos back to the promised land, Ocho.
Yeah, the media is hardest on it's most popular player. :/

I still can't get over how conservative Mike was. Complete opposite of his play calling all year.
He totally psyched himself out by worrying about Rodgers. Thought it was more or less fine for the first 3 quarters (I was ok with kicking the FGs), but you have to put your chips down in the 4th.

Well, have to if you want to win.

He really had that reputation hard before they won the Super Bowl and the criticism melted away. It doesn't hurt that his team was good enough each year that Rodgers wasn't injured to make it all the way, it just didn't happen. Usually you had the 49ers running GB over so no one noticed his bad tendencies in close games.
SF only ran us over once, friend! The other was a close loss!

Sephzilla

I'm really starting to wonder if McCarthy is a byproduct of Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers at this point. McCarthy makes a lot of questionable decisions that he gets bailed out on because he's had hall of fame quarterbacks his entire head coaching career. I still say McCarthy's play calling cost Green Bay a Super Bowl birth back in 07 against the Giants and again here against the Hawks.

It was refreshing as fuck to hear Aaron pretty much call out McCarthy for not trying to win the game.

This is the most f bombs I've seen in a post on GAF.

Top Bottom