• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

The Raiders moved from #3 to #12 with the Fins a few years ago and all they got was a 2nd round pick.

"The Dolphins traded up all the way to the No. 3 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft to select Oregon defensive end/linebacker Dion Jordan on Thursday night. The Oakland Raiders, who previously held the No. 3 pick, received the Dolphins' No. 12 overall pick and the No. 42 overall pick in the swap."

I've made Mech's dream girl.
NRGVHYz.jpg

Step 1: keep him away from personnel decisions

Step 2: Make him get rid of his loyalty to certain players when they are utterly failing

Step 3: No more draw plays on 3rd and long

Step 4: Electro shock whenever he says "Battlin" or "Its on me" at the podium
There was no shock during his multiple "Battlin'" comments today.

The Raiders moved from #3 to #12 with the Fins a few years ago and all they got was a 2nd round pick.

"The Dolphins traded up all the way to the No. 3 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft to select Oregon defensive end/linebacker Dion Jordan on Thursday night. The Oakland Raiders, who previously held the No. 3 pick, received the Dolphins' No. 12 overall pick and the No. 42 overall pick in the swap."

No QB in that draft was going to go in the top 5. Geno Smith was supposedly your "top prospect" leading up that draft. First QB taken off of the board was Manual at #8 by the Bills. Bit of a different scenario. The player you're after matters of course.

We'll see how it plays out. There's always the possibility that Mariotta falls due to other factors like a poor workout, or handling the entire process like shit etc. much like Smith allegedly did but I don't personally see it.

I'll gladly admit that I'm wrong if you guys pull it off for almost nothing.

BigAT

Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, and Blaine Gabbert all went in the top 12 and people think Mariota will be available at 20?

gutshot

Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, and Blaine Gabbert all went in the top 12 and people think Mariota will be available at 20?

Counterpoint: Bridgewater went 32nd last year after being a consensus no. 1 pick the entire year before the draft.

Scouts are already starting to pick apart Mariota's game and questioning whether he can translate to the NFL. If Mariota doesn't light it up in his pre-draft workouts, the questions about his ability to play in a pro-style offense will intensify and his stock will continue to fall.

Counterpoint: Bridgewater went 32nd last year after being a consensus no. 1 pick the entire year before the draft.

Scouts are already starting to pick apart Mariota's game and questioning whether he can translate to the NFL. If Mariota doesn't light it up in his pre-draft workouts, the questions about his ability to play in a pro-style offense will intensify and his stock will continue to fall.

All Mariota has to do is go out and have one of the worst QB pro days ever...

gutshot

All Mariota has to do is go out and have one of the worst QB pro days ever...

Hey, didn't say it was likely, just that it is feasible.

Personally, I think that the Eagles will have to trade up pretty high to get Mariota. Definitely into the top 10 and probably top 5. It will take a lot to get there and if Roseman was still running the show I'd say there is no shot of it happening. But with Chip, who knows? He seems to be the type who once he decides he wants a player just wants to get him and doesn't give a shit about draft value and the like. He may just say "Fuck it" and pull the trigger on a Ditka-type deal to get his guy. Either way, draft day should be pretty tense for Eagles fans.

2015 Senior Bowl: Monday Rumor Mill

By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

With all the general managers, coaches and scouts in attendance for the Senior Bowl there is a lot of chatter going around. Here are some of the highlights from the rumormill on day one.

• For months, there has been speculation that Philadelphia wants to trade to get Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota and reunite him with Chip Kelly. However, there are rumors going around that the Eagles love UCLA quarterback Brett Hundley. From an athletic skill set perspective, it makes all the sense in the world, as Hundley is a great athlete with mobility to hurt defenses with his feet. He also has a strong enough arm to disrupt the ball throughout the field. The rumor mill is saying that the Eagles are hot for Hundley and would target him much earlier than other teams, as in he could be in play for their first- or second-round pick.

• Other teams are not fans of Hundley. In fact, we've spoken with multiple teams that have graded him out on the third day of the draft. However, those teams feel that the team that loves Hundley enough to draft him could do it in the second round. Perhaps the Eagles will shock those teams by taking Hundley even higher than they expect. Walt currently has Hundley going atop Round 2 in his 2015 NFL Mock Draft.

The market is set by the talent of the draft just like 2013.

Swap 1sts and Eagles give 2nd and 3rd maybe throw in a 2016 3rd or 4th.

There was no QB to trade up for in 2013 (and that draft might go down as the worst top 10 ever), that offer won't get it done. Also, how exactly are you evaluating the talent of the draft when you didn't even know who Kevin White was?

gutshot

Wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles are floating the rumors about being in love with Hundley with the hope of smoke screening any Mariota moves.

That being said, I wouldn't be too upset if they stood pat at 20 and picked the best available defensive player and then grabbed Hundley in the 2nd.

effzee

2015 Draft Top 20:

1. Bucaneers
2. Titans
3. Jaguars
4. Raiders
5. Washington - Gruden/Griffin is a mess
6. Jets
7. Bears
8. Falcons
9. Giants
10. Rams
11. Vikings
12. Browns
13. Saints
14. Dolphins
15. Niners
16. Texans
17. Chargers
18. Chiefs - Could even make the argument Reid would give him a look!
19. Browns

The highlighted are teams that are QB needy and could fundamentally look to take Marcus. Add in the fact that the entirety of the NFL will know that Chip will want him will put these teams in a position of leverage to get as much out of the Eagles as possible. Never underestimate the desperation for a QB in a QB driven league first of all and the scenario that it wouldn't cost the Eagles "that much" to move up is laughable.

Let's assume Winston goes #1. I personally don't think the Skins (unless they trade or release RG3*) are drafting a QB. Neither are the Bears or Browns IMO.

So he has to slip by Titans, Jets, and the Rams. If he somehow fall out of the top 10 or that area, then and only then do I see the Eagles moving up. So it's likely a move from 20 to 10 which obviously won't cost as much as a move into the top 2.

* If Skins release or put RG3 up for a trade I'd be happy if they acquired him. No need to move up either.

Nialrot

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Ravens hired former Bears HC Marc Trestman as OC, per source.

Bring on Gase to the Jaguars please!

Combo of Gase & Marrone would be nice.

Nvm....

@JasonLaCanfora
The Jags are hiring Greg Olson to be their offensive coordinator. The market is thinning out of the best candidates

Furyous

Mariotta needs at least a year to sit and learn the pro game due to the system he played in college. Is the Eagles' fan base patient enough to allow him time to develop? What constitutes as giving up too much? He's not worth the RG3 deal, right now at the moment, in my opinion.

effzee

Wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles are floating the rumors about being in love with Hundley with the hope of smoke screening any Mariota moves.

That being said, I wouldn't be too upset if they stood pat at 20 and picked the best available defensive player and then grabbed Hundley in the 2nd.

Even if they aren't targeting a QB (Mariota), I'd like for them to target an impact player who can start and make a difference day 1. If that guy is there at 20 good. If he is at 15 and they have to move then do it damnit. Don't want another Marcus Smith.

God I hope Marcus Smith doesn't turn out to be the bust he looks like. We could use his freak athleticism on the defense.

effzee

Mariotta needs at least a year to sit and learn the pro game due to the system he played in college. Is the Eagles' fan base patient enough to allow him time to develop? What constitutes as giving up too much? He's not worth the RG3 deal, right now at the moment, in my opinion.

Any other team yes but the Eagles run the offense he ran at Oregon. Sure there will be bumps in the road but he knows the system already better than Foles or Sanchez.

And I'll take those bumps since the Eagles already led the league in turnovers due to terrible ball protection from Foles and Sanchez.

Mindlog

He's worth everything.
You hear that Iggles? Everything.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Ravens hired former Bears HC Marc Trestman as OC, per source.

On another completely unrelated note, the following people can go fuck themselves:

Trestman
The owner
The staff
Everyone on the roster but Flacco and Tyrod
Everyone else on the championship team but Ayanbadejo
You for posting this
Vio-Lence, Noodle, and Nialrot for quoting it
BLarry for not having enough faith to prevent this
Especially Mech
But especially Bart
And finally and mostly myself

Bowser

Bring on Gase to the Jaguars please!

Combo of Gase & Marrone would be nice.

Nvm....

@JasonLaCanfora
The Jags are hiring Greg Olson to be their offensive coordinator. The market is thinning out of the best candidates

So uh, I guess Gase has to go to Cleveland right? Otherwise, what other openings are there? OC for SF I guess?

From hot HC candidate to potentially sitting out the season...lol

edit: Forgot about Jets and Rams. Think he ends up with the Rams.

effzee

So uh, I guess Gase has to go to Cleveland right? Otherwise, what other openings are there? OC for SF I guess?

From hot HC candidate to potentially sitting out the season...lol

edit: Forgot about Jets and Rams. Think he ends up with the Rams.

He might be able to join Denver again especially if he has a good relationship with Peyton.

Or Eagles QB coach.

h1nch

Maybe Gase will go back to being a position coach.

I'd rather be the QB coach in Denver than the <anything> in Cleveland!

Furyous

The Browns taking another QB first round would just be....Browns....Jesus.

At this point, Farmer needs to do what's best for the team moving forward. I want Eli or Big Ben-level QB gotdammit (at least draft an Andy Dalton) and we need to draft QBs until we find a long-term starter.

LOL at Johnny trying to learn a Mike Martz playbook. Motherfucker refused to put in the study time with Shanahan's playbook and now they want him to learn Mike Martz's offense... in the AFC North? No way in shit Johnny lasts 10 games as a starter with his play style and unprofessional mentality.

Farmer do the right thing and draft a QB in one of the rounds. Don't care where he comes from. He could could from fucking WSU (shout out to Moms Weekend) for all I care. Give us a starter that cares more about his playbook than instagram likes.

The browns have scouted a good amount of qbs in this years draft. I would say if Mariotta falls past the Titans, don't count out the Browns, Farmer likes him.

brentech

Currently listening to Rodgers show and, with the question on how important bringing Cobb and Bulaga back, he definitely focuses on talking about the line and what they achieved late in the season. Have to assume he reallllly wants Bulaga back, and Cobb is target number 2.
Obviously wants both, but I'm going to guess Bulaga gets signed first based on this.

Also thought he had a free play on the Sherman pick, which he said in post game presser, but yea.

The Browns taking another QB first round would just be....Browns....Jesus.
You don't have a QB in this league and you're going nowhere. With the rookie wage scale. there's very little penalty in grabbing a QB. I wouldn't blame them if they grabbed a Jameis Winston or Mariotta if they fell to their pick.

I think people are really overlooking the Titans grabbing a QB high. Mettenberger isn't the future there. The argument could be made that the Titans have one of the worst rosters in the league at the moment. That starts with the QB's. Locker isn't any better.

Obviously wants both, but I'm going to guess Bulaga gets signed first based on this.
You get the feeling that's a definite? I have a feeling the Giants would go after Bulaga at RT if it meant they could spend a premium pick on defense or a playmaker as Reese would put it.

brentech

You get the feeling that's a definite? I have a feeling the Giants would go after Bulaga at RT if it meant they could spend a premium pick on defense or a playmaker as Reese would put it.
I mean, who knows really, but he definitely liked what he had in front of him. It's hard to imagine the team overlooking his opinion.

In Bucky Brooks mock draft 1.0 he has Mariota going to the Chiefs. Wacky!
I actually made that comment when I did that list of the Top 20. If he does fall, I have to believe Andy Reid would jump at the chance to get him in Kansas City. Smith isn't a long term solution there and Andy can get his QB's to play.

Draxal

Currently listening to Rodgers show and, with the question on how important bringing Cobb and Bulaga back, he definitely focuses on talking about the line and what they achieved late in the season. Have to assume he reallllly wants Bulaga back, and Cobb is target number 2.

Also thought he had a free play on the Sherman pick, which he said in post game presser, but yea.

Green Bay has been great at developing wrs so I understand the reasoning.

I just wonder what FA talent will be there after franchising to fix the line. Stud RT's like MacKenzie just don't hit the free market that often.

There was no QB to trade up for in 2013 (and that draft might go down as the worst top 10 ever), that offer won't get it done. Also, how exactly are you evaluating the talent of the draft when you didn't even know who Kevin White was?

But we aren't in the market for a QB, therefore the value isn't there for us. With Williams gone, I don't see any player we would covet that much not to trade down. (Of course that could change 3 months from now.)

White I wasn't familiar with as a WR going that high. I've been really busy this year and haven't had half the time I did last year. I'm just going by very early talk and the few guys I've looked at. I don't claim to be any expert, but I think it's a pipe dream to think we're gonna get a blockbuster trade offer for Mariota or for trading down in general. Eagles will low ball us or even bypass us altogether since they know we won't take Mariota.

MechDX

J.J. Watt has been named the AFC Defensive Player of the Year by NFL 101. #Texans

The NFL 101 awards are voted on by a selection committee of the national media.

Top Bottom