• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason thread (i.e. Niners pre-superbowl domination thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, how I utterly hate reading FMT's posts. They used to be funny, but now he's just a caricature of himself.

The Niners suck, dude. Get over it. They'll be lucky to have 5 wins this year, and even that prediction is a stretch. Tim Rattay is good? In what world do you live in?

dude, wtf i'm not joking. ask the dude from here at gaming-age who got $40 paypal off me cause i bet him the niners would make the superbowl last year. and i already have a shit load of bets this year (offline and online). so if you want to say i'm a joke character that's fine. but the bottom line is i don't post this shit for my health, i truly honestly believe what i say and yes the niners will be in the playoffs and yes they'll win the superbowl. hey, who believed the panthers would be in the superbowl last year? who believed the pats would after 2 games?

and didn't you read what i posted about Rat already? i said he is a good QB and i gave you the numbers to back it up. he went to college 4 years and he has been garcias understudy for another 4. he is ready to start and he's ready to do well. he showed what he is capable of in that 3 game stretch last year. so until you're going to post more substance than "LOOK @ FMT LOOKA LIKE A CARICATURE OB HEMSELF! 9ERS SUCK! I READ ESPN POWERRANKING NINER SUCK!" just don't post in niner related threads

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dude, wtf i'm not joking. ask the dude from here at gaming-age who got $40 paypal off me cause i bet him the niners would make the superbowl last year. and i already have a shit load of bets this year (offline and online). so if you want to say i'm a joke character that's fine. but the bottom line is i don't post this shit for my health, i truly honestly believe what i say and yes the niners will be in the playoffs and yes they'll win the superbowl. hey, who believed the panthers would be in the superbowl last year? who believed the pats would after 2 games?

and didn't you read what i posted about Rat already? i said he is a good QB and i gave you the numbers to back it up. he went to college 4 years and he has been garcias understudy for another 4. he is ready to start and he's ready to do well. he showed what he is capable of in that 3 game stretch last year. so until you're going to post more substance than "LOOK @ FMT LOOKA LIKE A CARICATURE OB HEMSELF! 9ERS SUCK! I READ ESPN POWERRANKING NINER SUCK!" just don't post in niner related threads

I don't give two shits if you think you're being serious about the Niners chances this year. They have a horrible team, and anyone without the Niners glasses on can clearly see that. They have a drunkard as their coach, and their receiving core is massively depleted. Who's their running back, BTW? Barlow? He split time last year with Hearst and had the privilage of having Garcia and Owens to relieve some pressure off of him. Now, though, the pressure lays ALL on him as Hearst is in Denver. If you think he'll be averaging the 5.1 yards a carry he had last year, you're dreaming. Teams will be focusing on him, as he's the Niners only threat.

Wow, Rattay spent 4 years in college? What's that have to do with the NFL AT ALL? Heath Shuler and Ryan Leaf also spent 4 years in college, and where did that get them? Oh, you say, he was an understudy to Jeff Garcia. Big deal. Heath Shuler was the understudy to Mark Rypien, you know, a QB who actually has a SB ring. Didn't do jack shit for him.

He'll have to prove himself before I begin lavishing him with praise.

5-11. Get used to seeing that. The sun has set in San Fransisco. And I'll post where ever the hell I feel like it.

Thanks.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Here I am jumping in to defend FMT and the 9ers again, against my will.

Rattay won't be horrible. He put up good numbers in his starts last year, even if one was against the piss-poor Steelers pass D. If he's healthy, he should be at least an average NFL QB. That is a significant "if", though. He took a huge injury in the offseason and hasn't played anything near a full NFL season. If he goes down, the 9ers won't win that 5 games.

And I said it earlier, but I like Kevin Barlow. I think he will be a solid back, I'd be stunned if he doesn't go for 1200+ this year. Sure he had Owens last year, but he didn't exactly give defenders a reason to worry in more than a few of their games.

Realistically, I think the 49ers will win 6-7 games, but if any of the few key players they have gets taken out for any noticable time period then they can easily finish last in the division and conference.

I didn't say Rattay would be horrible. I said he had to prove himself before I start to foam at the mouth and flower him with praise and compliments.

Also, FMT, why should I care that you made some dumb as rocks bets knowing full that you would have to pay up? Save your delusional fanboyish rants for when the season starts:

"OMG. THEY HAD TO TRAVEL CROSS COUNTRY AND THEIR PLANE WAS LATE...I EXPECTED A LOSS!!!"

"FUCKING REFEREES.. WE DIDNT GET ANY CALLS THIS GAME. ITS LIKE THAT EVERY TIME WE LOSE!"

"IT WAS BELOW 63 DEGREES, AKA PRIME TIME FOR NINERS PLAYING"

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
People place too much emphasis on big stars like Owens leaving a team. His relationship with Garcia poisoned the whole offense. Rashaun Woods, the WR from Oklahoma State they drafted, was a steal and will be a very good NFL receiver. He has great size and hands and runs good routes. Plus he isn't a major-league asshole.

Guileless said:
People place to much emphasis on big stars like Owens leaving a team. His relationship with Garcia poisoned the whole offense. Rashaun Woods, the WR from Oklahoma State they drafted, was a steal and will be a very good NFL receiver. He has great size and hands and runs good routes. Plus he isn't a major-league asshole.

I don't place emphasis on him -- opposing team defenses do.

Guileless

I'm not disputing that Owens is an elite receiver (though he won't be by the end of his new contract). I just think that the 49ers can get approximately the same production from their offense as they did last year, because nobody was mistaking them for the '98 Vikings.

Really the NFC West is not impressive. The Rams are declining, the Cards are the Cards, and does anyone really take the Seahawks for real? It's not exactly the NFC South. All it will take is 9-7, 10-6 max to win that division.

Bowser

DMczaf said:
B000087F7V.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Too bad they dont make DVDs for NFC Champs... :)

I'll get back to you on 11/28 when Carolina embarrasses Tampa @ home and again on 12/26 when the same happens, except on the road :p

Ah, the Passion of the NFL. If you really hate someone's posts, go put them on your ignore list, that's what it is for.

Oh, let's start with the Giants... STOP... as discussed in Temp GA, you're putting your blind faith in a rookie quarterback who has not played against professionals, who will probably get smashed by no name defensive ends on defenses. (BTW, how is that offensive line? :D) Eli's going to be playing in a defense heavy division, and had he stayed with SD, he'd probably have a better time completing passes. He's too aloof, he will get punched in the mouth, and he'll probably roll over and cry.

Philly fans, you'll get your playoff nod, but that's it. Myself, I can't wait until October 31st when Ray Lewis comes to your town and shits all over T.O. That guy is angry, and you better get out of his way. Jevon Kearse has lost a step, but this is his chance to prove that he's over the injuries.

Redskins, lots of work ahead. Not this year, but soon. Portis is now going to run against, for the most part, a defense heavy league. GOODNIGHT NOW! As discussed with Shin one night, if Gibbs can last 3 years, and I'm talking health wise, things will be ok.

Rattay, didn't he basically have a groin pull that involved the muscle ripping from the bone? BAD TIMES. He shouldn't play if your OLine cannot hold up the first 6 weeks, for longevity's sake. And FMT, what did the Madden producer do when you mentioned Rattay? He laughed at you. hahaha. But I won't let my hatred for the Niners cloud my better judgement, they are playing in the NFC West, and unless you are Arizona, anyone can win it.

BTW, chimpy, nothing good about being a junior member. ;)

effzee

WasabiKing said:
Ah, the Passion of the NFL. If you really hate someone's posts, go put them on your ignore list, that's what it is for.

Oh, let's start with the Giants... STOP... as discussed in Temp GA, you're putting your blind faith in a rookie quarterback who has not played against professionals, who will probably get smashed by no name defensive ends on defenses. (BTW, how is that offensive line? :D) Eli's going to be playing in a defense heavy division, and had he stayed with SD, he'd probably have a better time completing passes. He's too aloof, he will get punched in the mouth, and he'll probably roll over and cry.

Philly fans, you'll get your playoff nod, but that's it. Myself, I can't wait until October 31st when Ray Lewis comes to your town and shits all over T.O. That guy is angry, and you better get out of his way. Jevon Kearse has lost a step, but this is his chance to prove that he's over the injuries.

Redskins, lots of work ahead. Not this year, but soon. Portis is now going to run against, for the most part, a defense heavy league. GOODNIGHT NOW! As discussed with Shin one night, if Gibbs can last 3 years, and I'm talking health wise, things will be ok.

Rattay, didn't he basically have a groin pull that involved the muscle ripping from the bone? BAD TIMES. He shouldn't play if your OLine cannot hold up the first 6 weeks, for longevity's sake. And FMT, what did the Madden producer do when you mentioned Rattay? He laughed at you. hahaha. But I won't let my hatred for the Niners cloud my better judgement, they are playing in the NFC West, and unless you are Arizona, anyone can win it.

BTW, chimpy, nothing good about being a junior member. ;)

ill take that but say philly is the in the playoffs. basing things off of what has happened in the offseason who do u see as a stronger team or contender to knock them off? and dont base it off last yr cause last offseason we had genuises like salisbury saying "they would be lucky to make the playoffs"...and after the horrible mcnabb start and injuries we still did. now i know its going to be hard as hell to get over that hump but as a fan and looking at the team assembled i like the chances of the eagles being in the nfc champ game again at least. as for ray lewis being mad....whoopty doo. yeah he is amazing and might take some good shots at TO but i seriously doubt that changes anything in the grander scheme. i know that game will be one of the mose anticipated but its not like its TO vs Ray Lewis.

as for the giants fan..u wont have to wait long..cause in week 1 jim johnson will blitz like crazy if eli is starting. be ready for a heavy dose of dawkins blitzing.

Bowser

effzee said:
ill take that but say philly is the in the playoffs. basing things off of what has happened in the offseason who do u see as a stronger team or contender to knock them off? and dont base it off last yr cause last offseason we had genuises like salisbury saying "they would be lucky to make the playoffs"...and after the horrible mcnabb start and injuries we still did. now i know its going to be hard as hell to get over that hump but as a fan and looking at the team assembled i like the chances of the eagles being in the nfc champ game again at least. as for ray lewis being mad....whoopty doo. yeah he is amazing and might take some good shots at TO but i seriously doubt that changes anything in the grander scheme. i know that game will be one of the mose anticipated but its not like its TO vs Ray Lewis.

as for the giants fan..u wont have to wait long..cause in week 1 jim johnson will blitz like crazy if eli is starting. be ready for a heavy dose of dawkins blitzing.

I think teams with a legitimate chance to knock off Philly in the playoffs are as follows:

Carolina
Tampa Bay
Seattle
St. Louis

I'm hesitant to list any of the NFC East rivals simply because they have so much new talent (Giants with new QBs [rookie and veteran], Dallas with new QBs, no real RB [can't remember if they got one in FA], and Redskins with an overhauled roster [new QB/RB, new WR in Thrash, etc.]) and I don't know how well they would mesh. This is how I see the NFC East playing out:

1) Philly
2) Dallas
3) Redskins
4) Giants

The only reason I have the Skins over the Giants is because they have a good veteran (Brunell) @ QB as well as Ramsey (a great QB in his own right) and a proven RB in Portis. Of course, my prediction/opinion will probably be worth squat when the season rolls around ;)

Bowser

Jonny said:
Add greenbay to that list Bowser

Only if Brett Farve played like he did during the end of the regular season last year (throwing bombs everywhere) and not like he played in Philly.

element

and does anyone really take the Seahawks for real?
uhhh, yeah. 3rd best offense in the NFC and a defense that will only get better with the addition of Wistrom, Taylor, and Tubbs. Jackson and Robinson have been working on not dropping balls like they did last year.

Seahawks NFC West Champs.

element said:
uhhh, yeah. 3rd best offense in the NFC and a defense that will only get better with the addition of Wistrom, Taylor, and Tubbs. Jackson and Robinson have been working on not dropping balls like they did last year.

Seahawks NFC West Champs.

You know what they say. "To be the best, you gotta beat the best." The hawks are a threat, but the rams still have to be favorites. Our offense ranked #2 in the NFL last year, and it's only gonna get better with the addition of stephen jackson and a healthy kevin curtis. On the defensive side, we've lost a few guys, but I think it will still be a solid unit under new DC marmie. Not to mention you guys signed wistrom to an outrageous contract. That's really gonna kill the cap come next year when hasselbeck/alexander/walter jones all need to be resigned. The hawks are not an up and coming team, they are a team with a small window.

It should still be a battle tho. I expect the rams and hawks to both reach 10 wins, but the nfc west has a very tough schedule. I also think the cards could surprise some people. They have a trio of excellent, young recievers. Not to mention dennis green is a pretty good coach.

The niners? I think they've been discussed enough, but I don't see them getting 6 wins. It will be a growing year for them. Barlow is their only threat, he's a great back.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTONS TRYING TO SOFTEN IMAGE?

There's a buzz in Panther land that a recent piece in the Charlotte Observer by Pat Yasinskas regarding the prospects of getting cornerback Chris Gamble under contract on a timely basis that agents Carl and Kevin Poston might have fed the information directly to Yasinskas in an effort to begin the process of softening their image.

In the 2004 offseason, the Postons have been involved in a series of controversies, which might have caused one or more of their clients to re-think the wisdom of utilizing their services. An increasing number of teams simply do not want to deal with the Postons, given their reputation for divisive tactics.

So some folks think the Postons are trying to use the media to help spread a more positive message.

Given the realities of gathering and reporting NFL news in major newspapers, some league insiders believe that the Postons have been playing quid pro quo with Michael Smith of the Boston Globe in exchange for favorable coverage in the market where the team with which they have a bad relationship resides, due in large part to a lingering dispute between the Pats and defensive back Ty Law.

As we see it, the Postons' best strategy for rehabilitating their image would be to: (1) get their rookies into camp; (2) study the market before making pie-in-the-sky demands for free agents; and (3) take responsibility for the $6.5 million snafu regarding LaVar Arrington's contract with the Redskins, and persuade him to drop his grievance against the team.

For some reason, we don't see it happening.

I don't give two shits if you think you're being serious about the Niners chances this year. They have a horrible team, and anyone without the Niners glasses on can clearly see that. They have a drunkard as their coach, and their receiving core is massively depleted. Who's their running back, BTW? Barlow? He split time last year with Hearst and had the privilage of having Garcia and Owens to relieve some pressure off of him. Now, though, the pressure lays ALL on him as Hearst is in Denver. If you think he'll be averaging the 5.1 yards a carry he had last year, you're dreaming. Teams will be focusing on him, as he's the Niners only threat.

are you fucking retarded? the 49ers have a horrible team? no. a horrible team is a team with NO players and no shot. this proves to me that you don't know the niners, and why should you? all you do is read the media garbage.

let me tell you something you DIDN'T know about garcia and the niners: he was not allowed to audible. he had no arm. you think garcia took pressure off the running game!? how the fuck is that possible? teams bumped the shit out of our receivers because they KNEW we couldn't get separation, and even if we did, wtf was garcia going to do with that opportunity? that's right, throw a lameduck either out of bounds or off target. so please don't give me this bullshit about T.O. and Jgar being some unstoppable tandum. how could any of our QB's possibly do WORSE than the numbers garcia has put up against our division rival rams? the answer: they couldn't. even if they tried. garcia has something like a 30 rating again the rams. a ROOKIE could top that.

i don't think barlow will average as many yards per carry as he did last year, but i do believe he'll have 1300+ yards.

Wow, Rattay spent 4 years in college? What's that have to do with the NFL AT ALL? Heath Shuler and Ryan Leaf also spent 4 years in college, and where did that get them? Oh, you say, he was an understudy to Jeff Garcia. Big deal. Heath Shuler was the understudy to Mark Rypien, you know, a QB who actually has a SB ring. Didn't do jack shit for him.

i don't care that he was necessarily the understudy of jeff garcia. my point in saying that was to say he KNOWS the system and he knows it well. i don't want him to play like garcia.

He'll have to prove himself before I begin lavishing him with praise.

5-11. Get used to seeing that. The sun has set in San Fransisco. And I'll post where ever the hell I feel like it.

i don't expect you to lavish him with shit because guess what? you aren't a niners fan, all you see is what espn and fox show you. if i was on the outside looking in i would be saying "wow the niners are pure garbage". i'm here to tell you it's bogus. if you want to believe the niners will finish below the cardinals or finish 5-11, so be it. you'll see come november they're the real deal.

Also, FMT, why should I care that you made some dumb as rocks bets knowing full that you would have to pay up? Save your delusional fanboyish rants for when the season starts:

"OMG. THEY HAD TO TRAVEL CROSS COUNTRY AND THEIR PLANE WAS LATE...I EXPECTED A LOSS!!!"

"FUCKING REFEREES.. WE DIDNT GET ANY CALLS THIS GAME. ITS LIKE THAT EVERY TIME WE LOSE!"

"IT WAS BELOW 63 DEGREES, AKA PRIME TIME FOR NINERS PLAYING"

i didn't say you should care, i used it to illustrate a point. i'm not a joke character, im not saying "NINERS IN THE SUPERBOWL!" to annoy people or make them laugh or whatever. if you truly believe your team is legit, why not show confidence in them by betting? didn't pay off last year, but it should have... if we had a decent FG kicker! 8 points away from a division title ladies.

lol @ those excuses, i'll probably use the below 63 degrees one at some point this season. the refs one is expected, i will use that after their first loss... which won't come until 2005 unfortuantely for you guys.

Pray tell, delusional 'Niners fan, where are you getting your information from that gives you the right to post such outlandish predictions? Is there some super secret Niners media guide that details how they have the rest of the NFL fooled?

Maybe the pig that flys above my house one day can drop that badboy off...I'm interested in reading the material that has you psyched.

i get my niners info from my own eyes! watch videos from training camp, i subscribe to SFI and i keep up to date with people inside the 49ers organization (no i dont know dennis erickson or anyone "important" in the grand scheme of things). ive seen 95% of 49ers snaps in the past 6 years (since ive been old enough to go to bars to see the game incase its not on TV, and thanks to directv which some of my friends have), and i feel very confident about our players. take a guy like jamie winborn. you look at his stat sheet and say "nothing special", but what you dont see is how much he dominated games before he got injured, or how quick he is, or how many QB hurries he caused. thats just one out of a countless number of guys that im excited about this year, so why shouldn't i hype them up? i honestly believe we're going to have a great season. just relax dude, all of these things will come to pass... trust me

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Hey lets give FMT a break. He is being a fan! I much rather see someone support their team in good times and bad times then have someone be a front runner and change the team they like every year to the team that is favored to win it all. I remember being an Eagles fan a few years ago when the team was 5-11 and people on NFL2K would ask me why the hell do I use the Eagles. It is called being a fan!!! I support you FMT, keep on supporting the 49ers!

Gunstar77 said:
Hey lets give FMT a break. He is being a fan! I much rather see someone support their team in good times and bad times then have someone be a front runner and change the team they like every year to the team that is favored to win it all. I remember being an Eagles fan a few years ago when the team was 5-11 and people on NFL2K would ask me why the hell do I use the Eagles. It is called being a fan!!! I support you FMT, keep on supporting the 49ers!

I don't have a problem with him being a fan, I just think his logic and predictions are a little shady. ;)

And I was a Redskins fan during the Steve Spurrier era -- you can't ask much more of me. I just want above .500 and playoff spot.

exactly gun! the most fun about the offseason is the prospect that your team will do well. everyone starts @ 0-0... you should be excited no matter who your team is at this time of year.

a funny story about "where are all the seahawks fans?". About 3 years ago my GF got a job, and I went with her to this place to take the drug test. Anyways, while we were in the waiting room i was talking to the guy at the desk who worked there, and we got to talking about football. And i was talking to him about the niners and our chances in the playoffs, and he said "i'd tell you my team but you'd laugh..." and i said shoot, and he said the seahawks. said he'd been a fan for 12 years and he was always down in the dumps around FB season because he was a big fan but could never get hyped.

i wonder how he feels now that they're contenders... good for him

halfpastnoon = lonestar?

if so, pay up bitch! remember i bet you $20 the niners would finish w/ a better record than the skins on mirc before the start of last season? i'm not surprised you haven't payed up though. most people are big pussies about it, and like to talk big in regards to betting, but they can't pay up like a man when they lose a bet. KA-BOOM!! *

* disregard this post if you're not lonestar

I can't believe you're ripping garcia like this. He is something like the 3rd highest rated QB in history behind warner and young. He doesn't have the longevity yet, but he's put up great stats since '99.

But you're right, we do own him. Especially LL (check avatar :p)

cheap shot soulja! little was like "hey fella he i go what happen imma behind whieel? officuh... OFFICUH I AINT DO SHIT I AINT DRINK OK MEBE TREE DRINK BUT WHO DAT? WHO???" fucking drunk bitch...

and jgar has a great QB rating, but he disappears in big games. the ONLY big game i ever remember him stepping up in is the giants wildcard game. he choked in his other 2 playoff games, and he has choked in EVERY "playoff atmosphere" game... numbers are nice, but putting up numbers in meaningless (i know every game "MEANS" something, but you know what im talking about) games doesn't mean shit.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
halfpastnoon = lonestar?

if so, pay up bitch! remember i bet you $20 the niners would finish w/ a better record than the skins on mirc before the start of last season? i'm not surprised you haven't payed up though. most people are big pussies about it, and like to talk big in regards to betting, but they can't pay up like a man when they lose a bet. KA-BOOM!! *

* disregard this post if you're not lonestar

No, I'm not Lonestar. I was "HalfPastMidnight" on the old forums, never really posted that much, though.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
cheap shot soulja! little was like "hey fella he i go what happen imma behind whieel? officuh... OFFICUH I AINT DO SHIT I AINT DRINK OK MEBE TREE DRINK BUT WHO DAT? WHO???" fucking drunk bitch...

and jgar has a great QB rating, but he disappears in big games. the ONLY big game i ever remember him stepping up in is the giants wildcard game. he choked in his other 2 playoff games, and he has choked in EVERY "playoff atmosphere" game... numbers are nice, but putting up numbers in meaningless (i know every game "MEANS" something, but you know what im talking about) games doesn't mean shit.

Yeah, but even then he only played half a game vs the giants in 2002. *shrug*

that's what i'm saying, that is the only game he didn't COMPLETELY tank in. i remember in 2001 vs the rams, when we finished 12-4 (2 games behind the rams) we lost 2 games to the rams by a combined 17 points. this is when the rams were still in their prime, and we had a very young defense so for us to be within 4 points in that first game at home was big. but thats beside the point, because i believe jgar had a 29 QB rating in those 2 games. 29.0, that is approaching kordell numbers. unbelieveable. if we had gotten even just a SUB PAR performance, we probably could have at least taken one of those games from the rams and maybe got a first round bye and who knows... but nope, jgar flopped.

Haha, Rams. Yeah, they'll do well with all the confidence Mike Martz had in Bulger passing the ball in the playoffs. Mike Martz is a bumbling idot, he does well cause he has Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, and Marshall Faulk. And I know bumbling idots when I see them coaching, Callahan was coach of my team last year. (on an off-note, you poor Cornhusker fans, I laugh at your impending demise)

If the Seahawks don't win the division, it just proves that Holmgren has ridden on the coattails of Bret Favre. I mean, it's a sorry sorry division no matter how you look at it. But it's not as bad as when the Saints and the Falcons were all in the NFC "West."

Jonny: Green Bay has as much chance as you winning the GAF Madden Bowl for 2005. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Which is sad, cause Favre is awesome. I'm not going to tell that guy to hang it up, but he should consider it soon since he gets hung out to dry on his receiving core.

effzee: Bowser and I seem to be on the same page about teams knocking off Philly. You go ahead and send in the blitzes, teams like the Giants will just dump it off to Shockey and burn you for 7+ yards a play. The 46 won't scare anyone in the NFC East. I just find it ridiculous that I guy like Andy Reid is one the hot seat cause he can't close the deal. Recockulous even.

BlackMage

Banned
WasabiKing said:
Jonny: Green Bay has as much chance as you winning the GAF Madden Bowl for 2005. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Which is sad, cause Favre is awesome. I'm not going to tell that guy to hang it up, but he should consider it soon since he gets hung out to dry on his receiving core.

ouch man, LOW BLOW!

Guileless

LOL, I didn't even know the Postons were also behind the Ty Law fiasco. Tiburon should put them in Madden, with a special danger symbol on a player's card when he is represented by the Postons. You know, more realistic.

What's with all the Eagle fans? Philly avatars make baby Jesus cry.

Oh, let's start with the Giants... STOP... as discussed in Temp GA, you're putting your blind faith in a rookie quarterback who has not played against professionals, who will probably get smashed by no name defensive ends on defenses. (BTW, how is that offensive line? ) Eli's going to be playing in a defense heavy division, and had he stayed with SD, he'd probably have a better time completing passes. He's too aloof, he will get punched in the mouth, and he'll probably roll over and cry.

That's not entirely correct. I put my faith in Eli for the 2005 season, this year I'm looking for the reemergance of Kurt Warner. As I said in the Temp GA thread I would be happiest if Eli didn't have to take a single snap this season and instead just practiced and learned the Coughlin playbook for next year.

Eli wouldn't be be better off completeing passes in San Diego because they have a worse offensive line than the Giants. At least the NYG line has a guy like Luke Petitgout to anchor it, the Chargers can't boast that. But the O' Line is the Giant's biggest question mark this season and I'm not sure how things will work out. Bober is now wth the Chiefs, Suebert is still recovering from the broken leg he suffered in the MNF game against the Cowboys, Ian Allen has some potential, and a couple of former Cleveland Brown linemen have been brought in. I just hope that it won't be hit with the kind of injuries the team had last year, the parade of undrafted free-agents trying to protect "the Bachelor" in last years final game against Carolina was pretty sad.

Matlock

Banned
The AFC North will be a good battle this year...even though all the teams won't make it to the second round of the playoffs. ;)

Bengals vs. Ravens...the biggest new rivalry around!

The reason why Eli would have done better in his game in SD cause the AFC West is not about defense, unlike the NFC East, which is the polar opposite. Believe me, nothing painful last year than watching Raider LBs getting punked when going to rush the QB. Why did the Chiefs choke last year? No secondary. Why did the Broncos get bitchslapped? No secondary.

Matlock: do not associate "big" with the Bengals unless it is the following statements:
"Benching Jon Kitna in favor of Carson Palmer is a big mistake."
"Carson Palmer's contract is so big, they have to start him."
"Cincinnati will be a big disappointment in the boring AFC North"

Killed: finally, a realist. I really think Kurt Warner is a great pickup, but if Eli's going to start, there's going to be problems... And thanks for answering my O-Line question, I just needed some validation that I was right. :D

Matlock: do not associate "big" with the Bengals unless it is the following statements:
"Benching Jon Kitna in favor of Carson Palmer is a big mistake."
"Carson Palmer's contract is so big, they have to start him."
"Cincinnati will be a big disappointment in the boring AFC North"

lol!

Guileless

I will acknowledge your points about the AFC West vis-a-vis the NFC East, but I think those considerations are outweighed by the overall shittiness of the Charger franchise. Barring a miracle, Marty will be fired and Rivers will have to learn a whole new offense next year. They have no wideouts either, and no free agent WR will go there after the Boston fiasco.

effzee

WasabiKing said:
Haha, Rams. Yeah, they'll do well with all the confidence Mike Martz had in Bulger passing the ball in the playoffs. Mike Martz is a bumbling idot, he does well cause he has Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, and Marshall Faulk. And I know bumbling idots when I see them coaching, Callahan was coach of my team last year. (on an off-note, you poor Cornhusker fans, I laugh at your impending demise)

If the Seahawks don't win the division, it just proves that Holmgren has ridden on the coattails of Bret Favre. I mean, it's a sorry sorry division no matter how you look at it. But it's not as bad as when the Saints and the Falcons were all in the NFC "West."

effzee: Bowser and I seem to be on the same page about teams knocking off Philly. You go ahead and send in the blitzes, teams like the Giants will just dump it off to Shockey and burn you for 7+ yards a play. The 46 won't scare anyone in the NFC East. I just find it ridiculous that I guy like Andy Reid is one the hot seat cause he can't close the deal. Recockulous even.

sure those teams can knock philly off. but so can philly knock them out. i dont see them as any better as philly. equal maybe but i dont see them better as philly. maybe its the fan in me but i know philly actually improved in the areas they needed to this off season. thet needed a WR desperately and they got one of the best in the game. dont know how it will work out...and TO is TO...he could be great or a bitch but everything goes as planned and hoped they should have a potent offense with mcnabb, to, and westbrook.

dont get the shockey comment....we been playing him for the past 2 seasons now....i really doubt we would under plan for him. i just meant that jim johnson is known for his agressive blitzing style.....and with a rookie qb in the giants should expect everything thrown thier way to confuse him. and ur last comment...andy reid isnt on the hot seat..or are u saying that he should be? anyway he isnt not with the FO not with the players. he just has been really unlucky in these games...yeah his team played bad but 3 yrs in a row..its not like he cant coach...he is one of the best in the league.....so i dont think he should be on the hot seat and i dont think he is.

ill say it now....the giants u never know...last off season they were super bowl bound by most predictions and now everyone is saying bottom of the divison.....wh knows what will happen but i doubt they will beat the eagles with a rookie qb in. washington finally has a great head coach who can get it done but i doubt it will happen in just one yr....i say they go 7-9 or 8-8. dallas should finish 2nd as parcells teams usually improve but i dont see them taking that leap as thier qb situation is a bit crowded and cloudy. i say they go 10-6. now the eagles ill predict to go 11-5 or 12-4.

Andy reid is a good coach. It's not his fault mcnabb is an overrated choke artist.
Anyway, I've got something for you eagle fans :D

-- Owens to Reid: Shorts Suck --
Wed Jun 9, 2004 --from www.FFMastermind.com/quickbits.php

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports Eagles WR Terrell Owens just won't let the shorts vs. tights issue go. Owens, in the most recent edition of the Sporting News, pleads his case for shedding the shorts and wearing only tights at practice. Owens showed up just in tights at his first official workout with the Eagles last month and was told by the equipment manager and assistant coaches that HC Andy Reid has a dress code that required shorts over the tights. Owens complied, but doesn't understand the rule. "My biggest adjustment isn't the new team or the plays, but wearing shorts over my tights," Owens told the Sporting News. "What does that have to do with how I practice?" The story said Owens spent the next several days walking by Reid and telling him that "these shorts suck." Reid reportedly laughed, but Owens truly doesn't like the shorts. "If I just have my tights on, I feel smooth, fluid, Spider-Man-like," Owens said. "I have given up a lot; for me to wear tights wouldn't be much. At least give me a little leash. I understand having structure, and I guess that is him making a statement. I don't have any problem with that, but it's a big adjustment."

Slo

So do athletic shorts impede TO more then say, knee pads, thigh pads and a girdle full of hip pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom