• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentech

A year or more ago I replaced the ceiling fans in our living room and master bedroom.
Been replacing the fans in the other 3 bed rooms today. 1 more to go, and then a chandelier as well. Almost out of the woods.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I don't think you get it.

Showcasing in pre-season football? Yeah, I don't think so.

I do get it. Mallett has no value. Prove me wrong. Show me the last time a qb with no experience was traded. I'm sure it's happened at some point. Man up and do some research instead of just talking out of your ass.

Godslay

Banned
Solder is the best young tackle in the league together with Vollmer and Mankins is still an elite guard, but more importantly, we have the best O-line coach in the NFL.

Maybe so? Pats do have a good line.

As far as the Broncos, Clady, Kuper, and Beadles all made the probowl last year. Vasquez and Franklin are going to be great on the right side. Vasquez is going to be an upgrade over Kuper. Walton will be the weak link at Center, but Peyton prefers him in that spot apparently. Mazagu is no slouch as far as coaching goes.

The lines are closer in comparison, than the TE/RB of Pats vs Den or the WR situations.

MechDX

Never forget

tfQps4m.jpg

Yes I was an Oiler fan but they left. You still have the Jags but are in denial.

Your argument is invalid.

Sanjuro

I do get it. Mallett has no value. Prove me wrong. Show me the last time a qb with no experience was traded. I'm sure it's happened at some point. Man up and do some research instead of just talking out of your ass.

"Man up and do some research"...

That is a pretty poor way of defending your unpopular opinion. A trade from 198X, 199X, 200X = 2013? Got it. There is a reason trades aren't very prolific in the NFL in comparison to other sports.

Colasante

Sorry, the previous caveat was non-rookie.

Why does that matter? In both cases, a GM is basing his desire for a quarterback based on his college tape.

Also, Brett Favre was traded to Green Bay after throwing only 4 NFL passes, two of which were intercepted, none of which were completions. And what was he traded for? The 19th pick in the 1992 draft.

It's okay to admit you're wrong.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Naw. He probably has STD's

Whatever. Those are only a problem if you get them imbedded in your forearm.

Why does that matter? In both cases, a GM is basing his desire for a quarterback based on his college tape.

Also, Brett Favre was traded to Green Bay after throwing only 4 NFL passes, two of which were intercepted, none of which were completions. And what was he traded for? The 19th pick in the 1992 draft.

Boom. We have a winner.

I wonder what sort of craziness would ensue if Mallett were traded for a mid-first rounder. Prepare yourselves, Bears fans!

Sanjuro

Whatever Mallet is traded for, it won't be more than what the Chiefs gave up for Smith. If it is, it's a goddamn reach.

Exactly. Only reason it would be that much is there is no reason to deal him. It would have to be some silly offer that NE wouldn't pass up. Don't see that happening.

Colasante

All of this is essentially moot. Like has been said, I don't think Mallett is traded unless it's for a 1st or an early 2nd because that's the value Belichick has placed on him, whether it's deserved or not. Now that Brady's salary is guaranteed through 2017 I think he may be more willing to let Mallett have late game snaps, so they can show him off as a trade chip for the 2014 season.

Sanjuro

All of this is essentially moot. Like has been said, I don't think Mallett is traded unless it's for a 1st or an early 2nd because that's the value Belichick has placed on him, whether it's deserved or not. Now that Brady's salary is guaranteed through 2017 I think he may be more willing to let Mallett have late game snaps, so they can show him off as a trade chip for the 2014 season.

It is. It's the notion that "zero" being the appropriate value is absurd.

"Man up and do some research" is pretty funny when that research accepted is just common knowledge trivia.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Seriously. If he can play, the Pats should hold onto him. I know Brady doesn't miss a lot of games, but if he does, it pays to have a competent back up that knows the system and personnel. Tom's not getting any younger, you know.

Godslay

Banned
It is. It's the notion that "zero" being the appropriate value is absurd.

"Man up and do some research" is pretty funny when that research accepted is just common knowledge trivia.

The value of Mallet is essentially zero if Belichick has a price on him that is too high. Meaning no one will trade for him.

Colasante and I have discussed this before, but I still say that Glennon is essentially the same guy and you can get him in the draft this year at a lower round possibly. It's so hard to put value on things right now, with the draft right around the corner.

Godslay

Banned
:jnc

If I had something you wanted and offered me $5, and I counter offered a declined offer for $20, it still would have been valued at $5.

Impossible.

Something is only worth what someone will pay for it. If you have something valued at $5, but no one will give you that, it's essentially worth zero. Value is relative to what someone will pay. Just a different way of looking at it I guess.

Sanjuro

Something is only worth what someone will pay for it. If you have something valued at $5, but no one will give you that, it's essentially worth zero. Value is relative to what someone will pay. Just a different way of looking at it I guess.

That is correct, it doesn't mean they have to pay it. That is the point here.

Colasante

Just to get off of Mallett, Teddy Bridgewater is going to be a Hall of Fame quarterback. I hope he doesn't go to the Jets next year.

Milchjon

So what are Pats-age expecting of a Mallet trade. (need a good laugh today)

Realistically, it doesn't make sense at this point unless a team way overpays for him. So I don't think we expect anything. Without a track record, his current value is probably higher for us than for most other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom