• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
lulz like my boy master already put it, bulls dont care about no regular season win streak. lebon needs to win 5 more championships to even be discussed in the same novel as jordan. and even if lebon did win 5 more, he is still a 2 time finals loser. he can never equal jordan

And if he wins six? Doesn't that cancel th losses?

squicken

He said it was for charity. My guess is that Kim Jong Un is collecting the blood of basketball players to gain their powers, and Rodman and Magic are CIA honeypots

BigAT

I guess HIV patients might need blood.

Pretty sure there are different types of strains or something that makes even that an impossibility. We had an HIV positive speaker in high school health class and the dude said he couldn't even bang his HIV positive girlfriend without wearing a rubber because they could still infect each other or some shit. Talk about suicide inducing situations.

I love how stupid NBA fans are.

Someone could put up the most inconceivable career by lightyears and people would still say Jordan is better. I'm not even true LeBron fan, but I admire his ability and the amount of hate he receives. He might not end up as the greatest but it is a gigantic disservice to preemptively deny him the possibility.

That is just straight up ignorance. I hope those people wallow in it, they deserve it.

Someone could put up the most inconceivable career by lightyears and people would still say Jordan is better. I'm not even true LeBron fan, but I admire his ability and the amount of hate he receives. He might not end up as the greatest but it is a gigantic disservice to preemptively deny him the possibility.

That is just straight up ignorance. I hope those people wallow in it, they deserve it.

3664875_o.gif

But yeah, it is mostly a blanket statement. My roommate and a couple articles and comments Ive read really rubbed me the wrong way tonight.

But yeah, it is mostly a blanket statement. My roommate and a couple articles and comments Ive read really rubbed me the wrong way tonight.

lebron is a bitch for how he did the whole decision thing. i don't care if its cliche to diss on him for that. it was fucking lame and i can't ever look at him the same. i do agree that he does get too much over the top hate. but i do think he brought most of it on himself because no one treated him like this before he pulled that bullshit

p.s.

but he is an incredible player

Played Bioshock for 2 hours.

The plot hasn't gotten going yet but I miss the closed-in feel of Rapture.

Will play more tomorrow. Much more.

Edit: Nice pick Eznark, that's exactly who I would have taken.

Played Bioshock for 2 hours.

The plot hasn't gotten going yet but I miss the closed-in feel of Rapture.

Will play more tomorrow. Much more.

Edit: Nice pick Eznark, that's exactly who I would have taken.

Did you make it to Elizabeth yet? She seems all kinds of neat.

bluemax

Banned
Isnt bleacherreport mostly randoms with no credentials writing articles? Also lol at the notion of using a 1st round pick on a back up qb in case your starter gets hurt. What kind of logic is that.

If Bleacher Report is good enough for CNN it should be good enough for the unwashed masses!

Big-E

I don't know why everyone goes on how Jordan never lost in the finals. Losing in the finals or losing in the first round is the same god damn thing. You are still a loser. Jordan was a loser too.

effzee

Congrats to the Heat for the streak, but they are beating up on a terrible NBA. The 2nd best team this year would have been around .500 back when the Bulls were winning all their championships. The overall talent in the league has to be at its lowest point in years and years.

This argument is invalid. If they were losing people would claim "ohh how can they lose they are so talented they have 3 all starts...blah blah blah"

They go on a historic run (already 2nd longest streak ever) and might break a record that has been held for 40 years and people try to find more ways to take credit away..."ohh the NBA talent isn't that great anymore....Jodran's 72 wins season was most impressive...LeBron ran over my children!"

BTW the talent is far more balanced today than it was even a decade ago. Half the teams in the Eastern Conference in the playoffs were below .500 then. Not the case anymore. Western Conference is stacked. League is full of stars. NBA isn't perfect and small market teams are fucked but the real good teams are really damn good. And Miami has beat all of them this season and a lot of them during this streak.

NBA fans, and particularly those who just compare everything and anything with Jordan are by far the dumbest and saddest fans on the planet. Its as if nothing existed before and nothing will ever match it.

Jordan has been the greatest and worst thing for the NBA now. No new player can be just themselves. The minute you show promise and you are a guard you get the MJ comparison and then the rest of your career if you don't live up to it, even if you are a HOF player, you are deemed unworthy. It makes discussing basketball painful. "Jordan did it this way....Jordan didn't do this...Jordan Jordan Jordan...."

I almost wish Jordan played in the internet age. People wouldn't like him as much as they do. LeBron, for now, is the cleanest off the court mega superstar the sport has seen and yet he is far more of a villain than Jordan ever will be. His marketing created this force field around him that no matter how much we learn about the guy makes people forget.

BTW LeBron and MJ are two completely different players with Bron being far more like Magic and a lot like something we haven't seen before.

I also love how MJ's last 2 years at NC and his years of failure with the Bulls before they finally won are completely glossed over. LeBron goes almost same # of years before he wins a title and he is already considered a failure for not having 10 rings by now.

Can't we just enjoy his current greatness and decide who was what when he finishes his career?

BTW I think the streak ends in SA this coming Sunday. They won't get the record.

eznark

Banned
Right that's why Jordan was called for all those travels, palming, and offensive fouls calls.

And oh yeah didn't Stern rig the lottery for the Knicks to take Ewing?

Excellent point, you've convinced me. The NBA has always been the WWF.

bionic77

If you guys want me to get the fuck out just say so. No need to be sneaky about it and bring Jordan vs LeBron into the thread.

Also Ninja you will never be allowed in football heaven after saying what you just did about Tammy and Joe. When you die you are going to be given the choice of being a Browns or Lions fan while being raped by Big Ben 24/7.

effzee

If you guys want me to get the fuck out just say so. No need to be sneaky about it and bring Jordan vs LeBron into the thread.

Also Ninja you will never be allowed in football heaven after saying what you just did about Tammy and Joe. When you die you are going to be given the choice of being a Browns or Lions fan while being raped by Big Ben 24/7.

MJ and LBJ should never be part of the same debate. Maybe 5-7 seasons from now when LBJ retires you can compare their total success (rings) but other than that they are two completely different players in how they play, what they do well on the court, and what era they play in. Anything else is asinine.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

You are just a big meanie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom