• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to upgrade your PC unless you absolutely NEED to be at the highest resolution. You can run this fine.

I'm playing this on a Core 2 Duo, 9600 GT from 2008 for crying out loud.

The mouse sensitivity is REAL goofy, though.

Sounds good. I may play with a controller since I hear the combat isn't the game's strong suit anyway.

Depends on how big of a graphics whore you are...I'm playing on a Core 2 Quad 9550 + 5850 and getting an average of 40-50ish FPS average on Very High settings @ 1080p (the lowest recorded value was 18 FPS on the benchmark but seems like it's minimal given that it didn't fluctuate wildly on the higher end).

More than good enough for me, thanks. I'm trying to hold off on upgrading until I see what the new Xbox is all about.

So I finally downloaded the demo of Fire Emblem on the 3DS and man I want to play that game now. But fuck Nintendo's online account policy, I'm on back order on amazon for two weeks. Dammit all.

What's wrong with their online policy? I bought Luigi's mansion through the store and figured I'd buy all Nintendo games there since they never drop in price anyway.

Dragon

Banned
What's wrong with their online policy? I bought Luigi's mansion through the store and figured I'd buy all Nintendo games there since they never drop in price anyway.

It's tied to the console instead of to an account. I think even if you look into using Club Nintendo you still have to jump through hoops to get access to it on another console if yours breaks, etc.

effzee

At my core I am a Jordan hater and I will not apologize to anyone for my beliefs. And while I don't hate LeBron to the same degree, I am so fucking sick and tired of the hype he gets. Maybe it was this bad for Kobe in his prime, but it never seemed like that to me. Every night there is some new retarded debate about retarded bball scenarios that only exist for the retards on First Take, except now they are being debated by everyone. I will give LeBron his due, he is the best player in the league right now. Like Kobe, Shaq and Duncan were at one time before him. But all of the bullshit somehow forgets that he went to Miami to form a superteam to win championships. I hated how he did it, but it is his life. And yet no one ever addresses how incredibly stacked his team is. I mean they have fucking Ray Allen coming off the bench. Ray could still start for 20-25 teams in the league and they have him coming off the bench and shooting wide open 3s. I have watched basketball for 30 years and anytime LeBron has a triple double there are 10 people who proclaim that they have never seen basketball played at this level before. Really?

I get why you would be sick and tired of the media hype. He has been followed, proclaimed, and analyzed since he was in HS. To be honest I used to root against the dude when he was in Cleveland. I loved the Celtics and Orlando knocking him out of the playoffs and the Spurs beating the Cavs in the finals. Of course the FirstTake type debate shows only make it worse.

But I could never deny his talent. I mean the team he took to the finals could be arguably the worst group of guys, outside of LeBron, to make it to the finals. Worse than the Iverson led Sixers in 01. And then when the media completely turned on him and the collective fan base started calling him a coward and a host of other names, I started rooting for him. Became fun to root for him amongst the hate. Its been hilarious to see all my family members and co workers (all die hard Knicks fans) cry, complain, and come up with all sorts of reasons why he didn't want to come to NYC or why his success doesn't mean much. The Cavs owner going all slave owner on LeBron was the icing on the cake.

Would be a good role player to add to our depth.

Not mad if they sign him but won't cry if they don't.

SIGN ANDRE SMITH DAMNIT!

Chicago's Score670 is reporting Teo ran an unofficial 4.65-4.74 40 at his pro day.

harbaughteo.gif

was looking for an excuse to repost this!!

Talon

They made some great jrpgs in the past. Why wouldn't fans of the genre want to see more great games from them?
It's been about 7 years since they made a great game for a current gen console. Their DS output has been great, but TWEWY (which I dug) is certainly niche city.

People on gaming side here still talk about Square as if it's still the PS2 juggernaut, when it's completely blown the schedule for all of its major franchise releases. I mean, fucking Versus XIII is going to miss an entire generation and probably be renamed XV. And how do they not release a Kingdom Hearts game this gen?

Also, bionic man, I know you're a Lakers fan, so you must have been closing your ears and eyes. Kobe hype was the worst in the early 2000s. Un-fucking-bearable. Watching that 2001-02 Lakers team fail was glorious.

FFX HD Remaster is all i need from Square. Even they admit their new shit sucks thats why they are re-releasing the good shit!

Only a matter of time before we get a FFIX and FFVII HD Remaster

Milchjon

Pretty sure I just ate shit in Bioshock.

Technically, it was two potatoes, but they were perfectly placed in an otherwhise clean upscale toilet, surrounded by flies. And I don't think I've seen potatoes anywhere else in the game yet.

Is that another one of Levine's deep messages?

Final Fantasy Versus XIII (hopefully the rumor of it being renamed to FF XV is true) is probably my most anticipated game though it has felt like it's never coming out. The rumor is that it's being renamed and coming out for PS4 and that's the reason for all the delays. It's expected that the FF game Square referred to at the Sony conference is this game and it will be confirmed at E3.

As for Kingdom Hearts 3, that series is done by the team or at least head guy that is doing FF Versus XIII. KH3 will not be started until they complete the FF game.

bionic77

It's been about 7 years since they made a great game for a current gen console. Their DS output has been great, but TWEWY (which I dug) is certainly niche city.

People on gaming side here still talk about Square as if it's still the PS2 juggernaut, when it's completely blown the schedule for all of its major franchise releases. I mean, fucking Versus XIII is going to miss an entire generation and probably be renamed XV. And how do they not release a Kingdom Hearts game this gen?

Also, bionic man, I know you're a Lakers fan, so you must have been closing your ears and eyes. Kobe hype was the worst in the early 2000s. Un-fucking-bearable. Watching that 2001-02 Lakers team fail was glorious.
Dude what the fuck else do people have to get excited about? All of our favorite gaming companies seem to be slowly dying. I don't blame them for trying to hype up or get excited about the past. Sometimes it seems to me that the only companies that made money on software from consoles last gen were Nintendo and the former PC companies switching to consoles (and even that was a select few). No question that Square and most Japanese companies (other than Nintendo) did not deliver shit on consoles last gen. They were great on handhelds, but even that market seems to be shrinking. I can understand why fans are not so quick to dance on Square's grave.

And yes I am a Lakers fans. I do remember a lot of Kobe hype earlier in the decade, but I guess the difference is that sports media was not so loud and obnoxious back then. I was arguing Kobe shit mostly on NeoGAF back then and spent 95% of time defending Kobe (most posters seemed to think he was an average player and that anyone could win with Shaq). That probably colored my opinion. But trust me, I don't hate LeBron. How could I? Our genius GM Jim Buss (the guy who thought Andrew Bynum was going to be a superstar) thinks we have a shot at LeBron in 2014. Ugh, we are so fucked... :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I love the salty tears of everyone on my Facebook when the Heat won last year. So much hate for Lebron and I just bathed in it.

Draxal

Pretty sure I just ate shit in Bioshock.

Technically, it was two potatoes, but they were perfectly placed in an otherwhise clean upscale toilet, surrounded by flies. And I don't think I've seen potatoes anywhere else in the game yet.

Is that another one of Levine's deep messages?

Well, maybe it's exclusive for the German market.

bionic77

The real number 32:

utah_jazz_1990_03_06.jpg
I would kindly ask you to get the fuck out of this thread and to never return.

To associate sweet Magic Johnson with such an ugly fraud should be a crime. If I ran shit I would make an exception to the First Amendment for such disgustingly false and provocative statements.

No one this ugly should have been allowed to share anything with Magic:

KarlMaloneDraft1.jpg

Slo

Depends on how big of a graphics whore you are...I'm playing on a Core 2 Quad 9550 + 5850 and getting an average of 40-50ish FPS average on Very High settings @ 1080p (the lowest recorded value was 18 FPS on the benchmark but seems like it's minimal given that it didn't fluctuate wildly on the higher end).

Damn son! That's nearly identical to my system. You might have just sold me on it.

Dragon

Banned
I would kindly ask you to get the fuck out of this thread and to never return.

To associate sweet Magic Johnson with such an ugly fraud should be a crime. If I ran shit I would make an exception to the First Amendment for such disgustingly false and provocative statements.

No this ugly should have been allowed to share anything with Magic:

KarlMaloneDraft1.jpg

images

bionic77

If I'm remembering right, doesn't Karl Malone make Brian Urlacher look like father of the year?
He is the one black guy that eznark might really like. He is a total hick, likes pickup trucks, hunting, all sorts of sconi shit. And he treats his biological kids like shit until they become professional athletes.

If I didn't know better I would think he WAS eznark!

squicken

He is the one black guy that eznark might really like. He is a total hick, likes pickup trucks, hunting, all sorts of sconi shit. And he treats his biological kids like shit until they become professional athletes.

If I didn't know better I would think he WAS eznark!

Does ez hunt little Mexican girls?

Damn son! That's nearly identical to my system. You might have just sold me on it.

Yeah, don't be fooled by system requirements.. thanks to the longevity of this console gen, I can pretty much set everything to high (not highest) @ 1080 with a bit of anti aliasing and get really good performance. Haven't felt the need to upgrade my PC (tempted to for Witcher 2 but resisted). I mean my processor is from 2008 and it still handles everything I throw at it swimmingly. Not to mention that the 5850 is still a fairly powerful card. I'm surprised that a lot of people don't know that AMD changed their naming conventions with the 6XXX series such that a 6850 is actually worse than a 5850.

There's also a benchmarking tool built into the game should you feel the need for something more quantitative.

Yeah, don't be fooled by system requirements.. thanks to the longevity of this console gen, I can pretty much set everything to high (not highest) @ 1080 with a bit of anti aliasing and get really good performance. Haven't felt the need to upgrade my PC (tempted to for Witcher 2 but resisted). I mean my processor is from 2008 and it still handles everything I throw at it swimmingly. Not to mention that the 5850 is still a fairly powerful card. I'm surprised that a lot of people don't know that AMD changed their naming conventions with the 6XXX series such that a 6850 is actually worse than a 5850.

There's also a benchmarking tool built into the game should you feel the need for something more quantitative.

I'm building my friends budget pc today.

Should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom