• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

If you guys want me to get the fuck out just say so. No need to be sneaky about it and bring Jordan vs LeBron into the thread.

Also Ninja you will never be allowed in football heaven after saying what you just did about Tammy and Joe. When you die you are going to be given the choice of being a Browns or Lions fan while being raped by Big Ben 24/7.

:lol

bionic77

MJ and LBJ should never be part of the same debate. Maybe 5-7 seasons from now when LBJ retires you can compare their total success (rings) but other than that they are two completely different players in how they play, what they do well on the court, and what era they play in. Anything else is asinine.
At my core I am a Jordan hater and I will not apologize to anyone for my beliefs. And while I don't hate LeBron to the same degree, I am so fucking sick and tired of the hype he gets. Maybe it was this bad for Kobe in his prime, but it never seemed like that to me. Every night there is some new retarded debate about retarded bball scenarios that only exist for the retards on First Take, except now they are being debated by everyone. I will give LeBron his due, he is the best player in the league right now. Like Kobe, Shaq and Duncan were at one time before him. But all of the bullshit somehow forgets that he went to Miami to form a superteam to win championships. I hated how he did it, but it is his life. And yet no one ever addresses how incredibly stacked his team is. I mean they have fucking Ray Allen coming off the bench. Ray could still start for 20-25 teams in the league and they have him coming off the bench and shooting wide open 3s. I have watched basketball for 30 years and anytime LeBron has a triple double there are 10 people who proclaim that they have never seen basketball played at this level before. Really?

Fuck this. I don't want to get involved in this debate. I feel dirty for even responding to this.

You are just a big meanie!
Everyone and everything has a purpose. Cleveland's purpose is obviously to be the destination for people who did wrong in their football lives as players, coaches, owners and fans.

Steelers tell Harrison "No thanks!"

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/...-ed-steelers-close-the-door-on-james-harrison

Never say never, but the Steelers have informed James Harrison that they no longer are interested in him playing for them in 2013, according to a source.

Harrison has no offers and no known visits scheduled after he traveled to Baltimore Sunday for a Monday physical and a meeting with the Ravens only to learn that they had signed former Denver defensive end Elvis Dumervil that day and canceled his appointment. The Ravens plan to use Dumervil at outside linebacker in their 3-4 defense.

Should have just taken the pay cut, James. Less money is better than none.

RBH

Everyone and everything has a purpose. Cleveland's purpose is obviously to be the destination for people who did wrong in their football lives as players, coaches, owners and fans.

image.php

squicken

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo
Another reason Steelers won't re-sign James Harrison is that they're concerned his attitude will be bad based on how situation has unfolded.

At my core I am a Jordan hater and I will not apologize to anyone for my beliefs. And while I don't hate LeBron to the same degree, I am so fucking sick and tired of the hype he gets. Maybe it was this bad for Kobe in his prime, but it never seemed like that to me. Every night there is some new retarded debate about retarded bball scenarios that only exist for the retards on First Take, except now they are being debated by everyone. I will give LeBron his due, he is the best player in the league right now. Like Kobe, Shaq and Duncan were at one time before him. But all of the bullshit somehow forgets that he went to Miami to form a superteam to win championships. I hated how he did it, but it is his life. And yet no one ever addresses how incredibly stacked his team is. I mean they have fucking Ray Allen coming off the bench. Ray could still start for 20-25 teams in the league and they have him coming off the bench and shooting wide open 3s. I have watched basketball for 30 years and anytime LeBron has a triple double there are 10 people who proclaim that they have never seen basketball played at this level before. Really?

Fuck this. I don't want to get involved in this debate. I feel dirty for even responding to this.
LeBron was still amazing with Cleveland, though. He's proven that he can be incredible on a bad team as well as one that's stacked. And none of the greats have won a championship without a great surrounding cast, have they? It's not like Kobe has ever done it by himself.

bionic77

LeBron was still amazing with Cleveland, though. He's proven that he can be incredible on a bad team as well as one that's stacked. And none of the greats have won a championship without a great surrounding cast, have they? It's not like Kobe has ever done it by himself.
Hakeem kind of won with bums. And Detroit won with no all time greats. That is all I can think of since I have been watching basketball.

I do agree that LeBron was great in Cleveland and generally the best teams win, but like I said it is not the guy that annoys me, it is the media coverage of him.

Hakeem kind of won with bums. And Detroit won with no all time greats. That is all I can think of since I have been watching basketball.

I do agree that LeBron was great in Cleveland and generally the best teams win, but like I said it is not the guy that annoys me, it is the media coverage of him.
It's definitely annoying, I'll agree with you there. ESPN needs to focus more on their bread and butter --- Tebow. Hopefully things will pick up once he leaves the cesspit that is the NY Jets organization.

squicken

First title was nuts. It'd be Hakeem and then one of the role guys stepping up. Mad Max, Horry, Cassell, Elie, Thorpe, or Smith. There at least was one playoff game where each of those guys went out of his mind to help get the win. So awesome. Came right after the Oilers had choked to the Bills. City needed it

Second title Drexler was still really good and Horry was already established at never missing clutch threes. He was so frustrating. They kept trying to make him a scoring/slashing small forward, and when it didn't work out, he was off to PHX for Black Hole Barkley

bionic77

First title was nuts. It'd be Hakeem and then one of the role guys stepping up. Mad Max, Horry, Cassell, Elie, Thorpe, or Smith. There at least was one playoff game where each of those guys went out of his mind to help get the win. So awesome. Came right after the Oilers had choked to the Bills. City needed it

Second title Drexler was still really good and Horry was already established at never missing clutch threes. He was so frustrating. They kept trying to make him a scoring/slashing small forward, and when it didn't work out, he was off to PHX for Black Hole Barkley
The second title was even better because he ate David Robinson's balls in front of millions after he stole his MVP trophy. It is pretty rare when one player can embarrass another of Robinson's quality in the playoffs like that.

Bioshock Infinite is indeed awesome.

Is it worth upgrading my PC for? I still have a 5870 and a i7 920 which has gotten me through so far, but it's showing its age by this point.

I've been swayed by bionic's love for the 3Ds and took the plunge with Luigi's Mansion. For once, bionic wasn't wrong. The back catalog already looks impressive

Talon

Is it worth upgrading my PC for? I still have a 5870 and a i7 920 which has gotten me through so far, but it's showing its age by this point.

I've been swayed by bionic's love for the 3Ds and took the plunge with Luigi's Mansion. For once, bionic wasn't wrong. The back catalog already looks impressive
You don't need to upgrade your PC unless you absolutely NEED to be at the highest resolution. You can run this fine.

I'm playing this on a Core 2 Duo, 9600 GT from 2008 for crying out loud.

The mouse sensitivity is REAL goofy, though.

squicken

-Steelers and Bengals at Texas pro day looking at Vaccarro and maybe Vince Young, who is also there

-Mayock still has Teo in the first

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-still-a-firstround-pick?campaign=Twitter_atl

edit:

"I believe it," Mayock told "NFL AM" on Tuesday from South Bend, Ind. "Here's what I think is going to happen. I think the interest in (Te'o) will start approximately at 19 with the Giants, 20 with Chicago. The real soft spot is Minnesota -- they have two first-round picks, 23 and 25. They lost their inside linebacker Jasper Brinkley to free agency and their general manager, Rick Spielman, who's here by the way, has a history of drafting Notre Dame players that have played really well. So 23, 25 to me is a logical place, 28 to Denver perhaps, or even Baltimore at 32 because we know they have a big hole in the middle of that defense."

bionic77

:lol

I am always right. It just hurts to admit it.

And if you never had a DS then the back catalog becomes even more awesomer! I think I read that the Ace Attorney games are being sold for $20 on Amazon. Try it out if you want to try something different. But honestly there are too many great games to list.

Try the demo for Kid Icarus as well (if such a thing exists, I will admit I know fuck all about the internet shit on the 3DS).

brentech

You don't need to upgrade your PC unless you absolutely NEED to be at the highest resolution. You can run this fine.

I'm playing this on a Core 2 Duo, 9600 GT from 2008 for crying out loud.

The mouse sensitivity is REAL goofy, though.

Yikes. I just upgraded my Q9400 2.6Ghz w/ Nvidia 9800 GTX+ that I built in 2009.
Speed was fine for the most part, but games started to piss me off. I never felt like it was the most stable machine and you add that with starting to get subpar graphics and it made me love my consoles even more.

New system is i5 3570K 3.4Ghz, overclocked to 4.5Ghz. With the Nvidia 660/OC
Built last week.

The biggest difference might just be the SSD drive. That shit's fucking amazing. It all makes me appreciate PC gaming again. By far the best computer I've built (prices for nearly top end parts are far less than they used to be. When I built computers before, I always bought the top end graphics cards+processors from the year before. So the 9800GTX was already a generation behind). I like to be able to play most stuff on at least High settings.

Talon

Yikes. I just upgraded my Q9400 2.6Ghz w/ Nvidia 9800 GTX+ that I built in 2009.
Speed was fine for the most part, but games started to piss me off. I never felt like it was the most stable machine and you add that with starting to get subpar graphics and it made me love my consoles even more.

New system is i5 3570K 3.4Ghz, overclocked to 4.5Ghz. With the Nvidia 660/OC
Built last week.

The biggest difference might just be the SSD drive. That shit's fucking amazing. It all makes me appreciate PC gaming again. By far the best computer I've built (prices for nearly top end parts are far less than they used to be. When I built computers before, I always bought the top end graphics cards+processors from the year before. So the 9800GTX was already a generation behind).
Yeah, dude. I'm excited to build a new tower, but I'm waiting until I move again in August. One less heavy box to carry around. :)

Dragon

Banned
So I finally downloaded the demo of Fire Emblem on the 3DS and man I want to play that game now. But fuck Nintendo's online account policy, I'm on back order on amazon for two weeks. Dammit all.

"I believe it," Mayock told "NFL AM" on Tuesday from South Bend, Ind. "Here's what I think is going to happen. I think the interest in (Te'o) will start approximately at 19 with the Giants, 20 with Chicago. The real soft spot is Minnesota -- they have two first-round picks, 23 and 25. They lost their inside linebacker Jasper Brinkley to free agency and their general manager, Rick Spielman, who's here by the way, has a history of drafting Notre Dame players that have played really well. So 23, 25 to me is a logical place, 28 to Denver perhaps, or even Baltimore at 32 because we know they have a big hole in the middle of that defense."
I think he's right in terms of where the interest will start, but I still have my doubts he goes in the first. Too many red flags.

bionic77

So I finally downloaded the demo of Fire Emblem on the 3DS and man I want to play that game now. But fuck Nintendo's online account policy, I'm on back order on amazon for two weeks. Dammit all.
I get real copies of everything too.

It will be worth the wait though I promise!

I am on like chapter 20 or 21 and now I am just fucking around because I don't want it to end. I checked out the DLC and I think I am going to buy all of it to extend the awesome.

squicken

I think he's right in terms of where the interest will start, but I still have my doubts he goes in the first. Too many red flags.

I think he's like Demeco Ryans or James Lauranitis, and those guys were both taken right at the top of the second round. They also had none of the baggage Teo carries. I just don't think he's a first round pick. If MIN moves down into the second then it may make sense they take him at 36 or something

I think he's like Demeco Ryans or James Lauranitis, and those guys were both taken right at the top of the second round. They also had none of the baggage Teo carries. I just don't think he's a first round pick. If MIN moves down into the second then it may make sense they take him at 36 or something
Agreed. I think he's fine as a mid 2nd rounder despite all of my fun during the mock draft.:)

Yeah, dude. I'm excited to build a new tower, but I'm waiting until I move again in August. One less heavy box to carry around. :)
Might as well wait until next year if that's the case. Hopefully by then we'll have a view of what both GPU manufacturers are doing and Intel will unveil their next chip family. I'm probably going to build again in the middle of next year. Once the new consoles have been on the market for some time, we should get a nice picture of where PC hardware will be going.

Draxal

I get real copies of everything too.

It will be worth the wait though I promise!

I am on like chapter 20 or 21 and now I am just fucking around because I don't want it to end. I checked out the DLC and I think I am going to buy all of it to extend the awesome.

Luigi's Mansion 2 is reallly really good, if you liked the first one you'll love this one.

bionic77

Luigi's Mansion 2 is reallly really good, if you liked the first one you'll love this one.
I barely remember the first one. I remember the graphics for the ghosts were really cool but it was really short and easy. Not worth $50. I think I rented it and beat it.

I might try Luigi out. Honestly I barely play games anymore. That might change as the kids get older and I start to get more free time, but Fire Emblem is more of the exception rather than the rule. I stay up to crazy hours and give up sleep to play this game. I can't do that all the time though.

Dragon

Banned
I barely remember the first one. I remember the graphics for the ghosts were really cool but it was really short and easy. Not worth $50. I think I rented it and beat it.

I might try Luigi out. Honestly I barely play games anymore. That might change as the kids get older and I start to get more free time, but Fire Emblem is more of the exception rather than the rule. I stay up to crazy hours and give up sleep to play this game. I can't do that all the time though.

I'd be surprised if you remembered it. Wasn't it a Gamecube launch game?

bionic77

I'd be surprised if you remembered it. Wasn't it a Gamecube launch game?
It was. Man that time period is really fuzzy.

I feel like Smash Brothers was also a launch game (probably wasn't) and I remember some shitty ass weird Square game and Ridge Racer as being the big launch games for PS2, both of which were not nearly as good as the 2nd gen DC titles. All I honestly remember from the entire life of Xbox was Halo and Blinx. :lol

It was. Man that time period is really fuzzy.

I feel like Smash Brothers was also a launch game (probably wasn't) and I remember some shitty ass weird Square game and Ridge Racer as being the big launch games for PS2, both of which were not nearly as good as the 2nd gen DC titles. All I honestly remember from the entire life of Xbox was Halo and Blinx. :lol
I have some really vibrant memories of Fusion Frenzy for some odd reason.

WedgeX

Banned
-Steelers and Bengals at Texas pro day looking at Vaccarro and maybe Vince Young, who is also there

-Mayock still has Teo in the first

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-still-a-firstround-pick?campaign=Twitter_atl

edit:

Yes please.

Depends on how big of a graphics whore you are...I'm playing on a Core 2 Quad 9550 + 5850 and getting an average of 40-50ish FPS average on Very High settings @ 1080p (the lowest recorded value was 18 FPS on the benchmark but seems like it's minimal given that it didn't fluctuate wildly on the higher end).

They own Eidos which is reason enough for me to care at least somewhat. Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Thief, and Sleeping Dogs are all great IPs.

Exactly. I'm hyped for the next Thief and for a follow-up to Human Revolution.

I really, really need to play Sleeping Dogs. I've owned it for months but keep pushing it back for other games. I think it's next on the list after I finish up Infinite.

Exactly. I'm hyped for the next Thief and for a follow-up to Human Revolution.

I really, really need to play Sleeping Dogs. I've owned it for months but keep pushing it back for other games. I think it's next on the list after I finish up Infinite.
Sleeping Dogs is fantastic. It isn't quite as open as a game like GTA in the sense that there isn't a ton to do in the open world but the missions are a lot of fun. The combat, story, and characters are all surprisingly great as well.

Dragon

Banned
Sleeping Dogs is fantastic. It isn't quite as open as a game like GTA in the sense that there isn't a ton to do in the open world but the missions are a lot of fun. The combat, story, and characters are all surprisingly great as well.

Wei Shen motherfucker!

The DLCs are a bit hit and miss but man I had so much fun with that game. SE has made some piss poor decisions this gen (why the hell they supported the 360 early on with their Japanese games I'll never know).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom