• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooo, wristband for day two secure!
ytcx5pn.jpg

vdCfDji.jpg

You don't have laundry to do or a haircut to get?

cashman

Banned
31. Travis Frederick, G/C, Wisconsin: MILLEN HIGH-PRICED SCOREBOARD THAT MAKES PEOPLE BLIND KIELBASA Grade
Travis Frederick!?!? The Wisconsin lineman who was considered a third-round prospect? There were other reaches in the first round, but this takes the cake. It seems like the Cowboys panicked with all of the guards flying off the board, which is the worst thing you can ever do in the NFL Draft. It's never been more obvious that Dallas needs a real general manager.

LJ11

I could agree with this sentiment more if they actually kept up with the draft and covered it accurately instead of turning it into an artificially-delayed production. They were like three picks behind by the end of the night.

Too many commercials as well.

Rorschach

I could agree with this sentiment more if they actually kept up with the draft and covered it accurately instead of turning it into an artificially-delayed production. They were like three picks behind by the end of the night.

Yep. Shit took way too long and I also hate that tomorrow starts at 3 pacific. Booh! I bet that shit is gonna take 10 hrs. I hated extended draft thing since they started it.

I didn't even watch the draft because I knew Jerrah was going to fucking embarrass himself. But this? Holy fucking shit, we need to reincarnate Al Davis because he fucking makes better draft picks than this.

Godslay

Banned
As a Pats fan anytime after the late 3rd. Pats can't afford to have another slow ass linebacker, but if he is still available with a late 3rd you can't pass up that kind of talent.

He won't last that long and he's not as slow as everyone makes him out to be. 4.75 is average, and I'd wager he can run that consistently. As I've said before his other numbers were great (didn't lift), and the dude is very intuitive on the field. I'd say he doesn't make it out of the second round, somebody will take him in the next 15-20 picks, especially since it will happen largely out of the limelight.

Watch them go 8-8 and keep their jobs. Ford doesn't even know he owns the team any
more.

Edit: Who is the poster above? Another Lions fan in the fold?

I think 7-9 is gonna happen but 8-8 could be in the cards. It would be hilarious if we win 3 games in a row just to reach 8-8 so Schwartz can say "hey, we battled to the end and almost made the playoffs."

Brinbe

I was not keen on taking Geno @ 4, but if he gets past the Jags tomorrow, we better f'n take him.

Also, LOL @ the reax in here to the Manuel pick. fucking hilarious

TheFatOne

He won't last that long and he's not as slow as everyone makes him out to be. 4.75 is average, and I'd wager he can run that consistently. As I've said before his other numbers were great (didn't lift), and the dude is very intuitive on the field. I'd say he doesn't make it out of the second round, somebody will take him in the next 15-20 picks, especially since it will happen largely out of the limelight.

Pats already have 3 slow ass linebackers. Spikes and Hightower especially are ridiculously slow. They can't cover RBs out of the back field at all. Although he has talent he just isn't the best fit for the Pats defense at the moment. I mean if there was ever a situation were it was just Spikes, Hightower, and Te'o on the field QBs would just target the linebacker, and the Pats can't do shit to adjust.
Second seems high. Team would have to be pretty desperate and the guys in the draft would have to be gone.

Yea I figured as much. I was hoping that the QBs were so bad some team would trade a 2nd for Mallet.

UberTag

Congrats to Bowser for owning the GAF draft 1st round prediction pool.
Finished just outside of the overall Top 100, too.

NewPicture4_zpsc318205f.png

Higgy

Vikings still have a 4,5,6 and two 7's left in this draft. Add that with 3 first rounders I'd say they still came out great even after trading 4 picks.

Jtrizzy

Damn I was hoping the Niners would trade up to take a big name. They did need to get a safety, but still have 11 picks left and half that many will even be on the team. I think they have the second pick tomorrow. Not sure who they'll take at this point, maybe d line or reciever. Panthers had a nice pick as well.

Bowser

hey, Bowser finished 104th out of everyone on NFL.com's pickem

Congrats to Bowser for owning the GAF draft 1st round prediction pool.
Finished just outside of the overall Top 100, too.

[IM]http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/UberTag/NewPicture4_zpsc318205f.png[/IMG]

Thanks guys! I literally filled it out at 5:30 PM today :jnc I was in the mid-30s overall through the first 20-22 picks, then everything went to hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom